Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Regardless of what you want to call the war the great redeeming fact is it forged a stronger nation than could have ever been possible otherwise.

What he said...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

It also "Destroyed" States Rights & put us under control of a Strong Central Government, not the way our founding Fathers envisioned it. In many, many ways we are still paying for this today.

In spite of that Infamous Gettysburg Address Lincoln did more to take the Government Away from "The People" than any president we've ever had.
He was Hitler's Idol.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nope.
The "Grey man" is a shtf concept that I have chosen to adopt.

Make you seem less crazy.

Out there doing it best I can.
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The odds of a 'zombie attack' are growing very year. Human population growth and environmental degradation in the global south are making life ever more difficult, exacerbated by climate change which is already affecting food production in the tropics. The Middle East will continue to melt down, and Africa's current population of one billion hungry people is on a trajectory to reach 4-6 billion by the end of this century. Those desperate people will continue to head for Europe in increasing numbers and a wide scale natural or economic disaster would turn the northward flow from Mexico and Central America into a flood. It ain't gonna be pretty.

Sidelock
Sidelock

what 2-piper said...

and perhaps it is time to erect memorials to the martyr booth for exterminating the tyrant lincoln...although his timing was four years too late, so maybe not...

Last edited by ed good; 05/11/18 01:28 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

From the pesticide thread, and relevant

It does seem that nature's way is to adjust over-population with a parasitic or infectious agent.

Ebola is back in DRC (and now Nigeria)
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/11/health/drc-ebola-outbreak-worst-case-scenario-intl/index.html

Ticks & mosquitos, and the diseases they carry, are taking over; Zika, West Nile, RMSF, Lyme, several forms of Ehrlichiosis, and Chikungunya, all in the U.S. now. Dengue is probably on the way.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2018/p0501-vs-vector-borne.html

Chagas disease has made it to the U.S., thank you migrants
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/04/170413120042.htm

Multi-drug resistant bugs are proliferating faster than science can come up with a treatment
https://reference.medscape.com/slideshow/multidrug-resistant-organisms-6008781

AIDS is on hold in SOME African countries, but will mutant...more than it already has. Swaziland has the highest HIV prevalence rate in the world now at 26%, followed by Botswana & Lesotho at 23%.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The grasshopper and the ant. Prepping seems like a lot of trouble to me when to greatest threat seems political. Better to devote energy to shaping the direction of the Country than stockpiling emergency rations and weapons...Geo

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A well-armed "grey man" makes perfect sense.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe, maybe not. You won't notice me.

I am quite content to go unnoticed in times of civil strife. I embrace my lack of remarkability, my blandness bordering on invisibility. I am the hard boiled egg on white bread on a white tablecloth.

I am the English sparrow, the blackbird, and the anchovy, all wrapped into one. No one notices I've been there, before I am not.

I am the unremarkable "Grey man".

I have tested my lack of interest to others from time to time. Going so far as to introduce myself and make small talk. I leave people believing they were talking to themselves. I am they. Seldom do people remember me, or even care we met. I have almost completely perfected my frictionless path through group assemblies. I leave no footprints or distinguishable aroma's. My loudest tie is brown. My wildest vehicle is tan. The wheels are black. The windows are tinted dark. The mufflers are the quietest. The tire treads just M+S generics. I wear a grey baseball cap. A dark blue windbreaker. Loose tactical jeans. Sunglasses. No facial hair. No tats.

No one cares, and I go about my business.
Or maybe not. You won't really remember if I was there or if you just thought I was.

It's all just grey.

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 05/11/18 03:43 PM.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Joining rioters during riot" and leaving them when opportunity arises only works for short-term emergency events. Sadly, being "Grey Man" isn't going to be enough. I'm shocked that considering challenges facing this country people are still talking about events in this country that have taken place in 1860s.

As mentioned above the situation in the Middle East has become very, very uninteresting, however, this time I do not believe Moscow will give green light for carpet bombing of Teheran to take place.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.