March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jimmy W, SKB, battle, 1 invisible), 342 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 79 of 81 1 2 77 78 79 80 81
Sidelock
Sidelock

smile

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

12boreman,

Is that a pheasant hiding under your hat? smile

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nope, just a lot of bird feathers!

"As for me and my house we will shoot Damascus!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Nice photos, I especially like this one

Is hunting in that teasel hard on your dog? That stuff is sort of sharp sometimes, but maybe it up high that it doesn't matter. Been a while since I have been in a big stand of it.
yes, it is thistle and it is nasty stuff...very sharp

"As for me and my house we will shoot Damascus!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted By: coosa
Used my last tag of the season on a KS bird today. Took this one with TSS #9. It's been a good season and I hate to see it end. Good luck to all still hunting.

Great season Coosa; thanks for sharing it with us. The Georgia season began in March and is ending next Tuesday. Thank Goodness. I still have one to go, but I'm so tired of getting up early, I made a mid day hunt yesterday; nothing. I might be done...Geo

Least skeeters this season I've ever seen around here.

Thanks guys. And good luck to all the GA hunters the rest of the season.

I've been on here several years and have never posted a turkey picture before, and probably won't in the future. I only posted all these pictures because I was called out for my equipment in the turkey thread before the season.

No point in arguing about it; I thought I would just post the results and let everyone decide for themselves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I REALLY enjoyed your postings smile
I post a lot for dove season
Greg a lot for upland game
and you for turkeys
What joy, what joy
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

coosa, the proof, as the old saying goes, is in the pudding. You certainly are no "moron" or "idiot" for the choice of gun or ammo you used. There is more than one way to skin a cat or shoot a turkey and I don't know of many who can do it as well as you have demonstrated. Thanks for sharing your hunts with us. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

+ 1. I am now a convert to #9 shot, have a bag of it, and am going to roll a few different recipes this summer...

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Teasle spiny seed heads were used to "card" wool in the old countries. It isn't a native American plant as far as I know. I don't know if gamebirds can eat it, but at least in Eastern Washington "weed jungles" we hunted when I lived in Pullman, they REALLY liked to hide in it.

If some jerk in your hunting party slammed a truck door when setting up, you would see hundreds of phez leaking out of the far side of the "jungle" like black smoke particles, especially late in the season when the birds got wise.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know if you can reach this picture from this url, but this is a photo of the "spurs" on a 21.2# turkey with a 10" beard that a grad student shot this morning while hunting with me. We are down to the last weekend and we managed to take this boy. He has spurs like no other mature bird I've seen. I'll guess that he was a 2 yr old. Certainly, no jake, but he will go into the IDNR books as a 21# jake for sure.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=5B917B06

Two days left

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 79 of 81 1 2 77 78 79 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.