May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (R Reynolds, Hammergun, LGF, canvasback, Marks_21, Ian Forrester), 1,060 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,530
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

A sidelever looks good on a Grant or other classic vintage double. Kinda out of place on a new shotgun. Like a buggy whip outside the driver's window of a new Ferrari.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Alright... I'll be the first to admit that I'm appreciative of a new design although it will certainly be out of my price range. At first glance, I thought it came with a black synthetic stock, but after watching the video, it appears to be wood. I appreciate anyone who is willing to try to modernize a 125 year old design. Beretta won't sell a lot of these guns, but at least they may bring some new blood into the market.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll offer this: make that a satin blue, a full pistol grip, a long semi-beavertail, a raised vent rib, with 32" barrels, @ 8 lbs., and I would definitely consider one.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

When it does not sell well, they will just push another model.
The images provided above leave me cold.

However, a Parker gun gets my attention!

BTW, my family own and shoot a variety of shotguns makes and styles and I am not prejudiced against Beretta guns. In fact, I have just purchased a circa 1964 Beretta GR 2 double trigger gun and when it arrives next week, I will do a separate post about it along with some interesting details and pix.

Last edited by crs; 07/24/18 11:20 PM.

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Sidelock
Sidelock

My take is this.

We live in an age of hyper-accurate CNC machining, and of CAD-produced machinery and processes which can put forth a degree of repetitive quality per price point that is parabolic in comparison to yesteryear.

And while these are amazing technological advances, in some ways they mean the death of authenticity in many creative human endeavors. (For instance, a computer can recreate a Monet...and make it even better, without a single little drip or odd brush stroke.) As such, and rather ironically, each technological leap forward is less and less impressive by degrees...even as it may be "better" in some measure. (A space-age recoil pad that absorbs 6% more impulse!!!)

This is why a Purdey from 1888 blows me away...and one from 2018 is practically boring.

This new Beretta is striking to me. Yes, there's nothing "new" about a side leaver. But the lines are new enough that I think they're taking a risk in moving away from their very tried and true designs.

And THAT's the most impressive thing a company can do to distinguish itself in this age. Everything else...fit and finish, exacting tolerances...we should EXPECT those things. Technology makes them quite easy as long as there is a man wealthy enough to pay for it.

But new designs are not easy. And ESPECIALLY so when your entire reputation is steeped in your old tried and true designs.

Is it Earth shattering? No. But I'm quite impressed. I think this took some balls.

- NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Side levers are not only ugly but clumsy. WTF is that doing on a gun made after top levers are figured out? A totally sleek greyhound of a gun with that THING hanging on the side. But it only makes ugly uglier so maybe it doesn't make any difference.

And it is obvious from this excrescence along with a O/U that the new concept and design team has discovered drugs and not yet worked their way up to the good ones.

They must be getting together with the Perazzi guys after work.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow, somebody finally invented a side lever double shotgun! If this trend continues, we may even see someone invent a gun with external hammers.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A push button for the top lever would have been more in line with this gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
I'll offer this: make that a satin blue, a full pistol grip, a long semi-beavertail, a raised vent rib, with 32" barrels, @ 8 lbs., and I would definitely consider one.
JR

Given that it's a sxs--which automatically means it's more attractive to hunters than to target shooters--they wouldn't be likely to sell very many high dollar purpose built sidelever target guns. Now if it were an OU target gun with a sidelever . . .

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not an especially warm and fuzzy air about it.

I'm trying to imagine sitting by the fire, dog nearby, wiping the gun down after a day afield, but instead my vision runs toward sticking the thing in a decon chamber.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.