April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Pwog, KDGJ, 2 invisible), 372 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,793
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: John Roberts
I'll offer this: make that a satin blue, a full pistol grip, a long semi-beavertail, a raised vent rib, with 32" barrels, @ 8 lbs., and I would definitely consider one.
JR

Given that it's a sxs--which automatically means it's more attractive to hunters than to target shooters--they wouldn't be likely to sell very many high dollar purpose built sidelever target guns. Now if it were an OU target gun with a sidelever . . .

Obviously Larry you don't follow the NSCA events around the country, both large and small, where there are hundreds if not thousands of registered shooters who participate in the sxs events. I assure you there are many more prospects for this gun in this segment than for a few hunters scattered around the country.
JR

Well John, this being a doublegun BB, it's a great place to test the water. So far, I see you and one other favoring the gun in pure target format. I count myself and 3 others--references to 28ga, gun in subgauge, and 16ga--that think it's better offered as a game gun. So far, you're trailing 4-2. And of course as a game gun, it can also double as a competition gun. Make it 8 pounds plus and it wouldn't be the choice of many upland hunters. Ducks and turkeys . . . maybe.

Once more:
Obviously Larry you don't follow the NSCA events around the country, both large and small, where there are hundreds if not thousands of registered shooters who participate in the sxs events. I assure you there are many more prospects for this gun in this segment than for a few hunters scattered around the country.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 07/25/18 10:49 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whoa, Stan. Add double triggers and a second set of long barrels in .410 to my earlier wish list.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Whoa, Stan. Add double triggers and a second set of long barrels in .410 to my earlier wish list.

I agree about the left side lever. I've got a .410 with a right side opening lever and, while it works perfectly, it requires too much movement of the thumb each time. Maybe the original designers thought that recoil would cause it to contact the thumb on the left side, but with a sub-gauge that wouldn't be an issue.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

How would you tackle that lever ?
O.M

Last edited by moses; 07/26/18 07:41 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

An under lever would be better, imo. Look better too.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: buzz
Hmmmm....Win 21, you have stepped on some toes now and with intention too.

Yep, but I call 'em like I see 'um. Bob C. won't like it, I know, but my opinion is worth no more than anyone else's. smile
SRH

You are correct...opinion wise that is.
5lb 12oz 30" 28 gauge or 5lb 15oz 30" .410.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The side lever is nothing more than a gimmick and would likely have little to no impact on market share - certainly not a positive one at any rate. LOOK AT ME I'M DIFFERENT FOR NO REASON!!! Get real, people! Side levers went away because top levers are BETTER!

Now a 21stCentury dedicated SxS target gun? That could win some hearts. Beretta is already doing co-op's with TSK so that is in place. Now all they need is a gun to put it on but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna wait under water for it.

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 07/26/18 11:48 AM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

"I'm not gonna wait under water for it. "

Wonko, sane or not, that is a great line! May I use it?

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=John Roberts]I'll offer this: make that a satin blue, a full pistol grip, a long semi-beavertail, a raised vent rib, with 32" barrels, @ 8 lbs., and I would definitely consider one.
JR

Given that it's a sxs--which automatically means it's more attractive to hunters than to target shooters--they wouldn't be likely to sell very many high dollar purpose built sidelever target guns. Now if it were an OU target gun with a sidelever . . .

JR

Well John, this being a doublegun BB, it's a great place to test the water. So far, I see you and one other favoring the gun in pure target format. I count myself and 3 others--references to 28ga, gun in subgauge, and 16ga--that think it's better offered as a game gun. So far, you're trailing 4-2. And of course as a game gun, it can also double as a competition gun. Make it 8 pounds plus and it wouldn't be the choice of many upland hunters. Ducks and turkeys . . . maybe.

Once more:
JR
[/quote]

Repeating an opinion doesn't make it any more than that, JR. And you're still trailing here in the vote total. Think on this: If 12ga sxs are so popular with the target shooters, compared to smallbores with hunters, I eagerly await your explanation: Of 12's, 20's, and 28's produced as Parker Reproductions, there were fewer 12's than either 20's or 28's. Which, based on rarity if nothing else (as well as serving dual purpose as target guns) should mean that they command the highest prices. Au contraire! 28's (approximately twice as many produced as 12's) have seen significantly greater price inflation than either 12's or 20's. And since you'll look long and hard to find a 28ga Repro that weighs more than 6 pounds, they're quite clearly NOT target guns. Yet, hands down, win the popularity contest with buyers, who pay more for them than for a 12.

Whatever you know about NSCA shoots, you don't know much about the sxs market.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
The side lever is nothing more than a gimmick and would likely have little to no impact on market share - certainly not a positive one at any rate. LOOK AT ME I'M DIFFERENT FOR NO REASON!!! Get real, people! Side levers went away because top levers are BETTER!

Now a 21stCentury dedicated SxS target gun? That could win some hearts. Beretta is already doing co-op's with TSK so that is in place. Now all they need is a gun to put it on but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna wait under water for it.

OMG, what was Woodward thinking using a gimmicky thing...

Last edited by battle; 07/26/18 03:33 PM.
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.