April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Der Ami, Borderbill, ChiefAmungum, Ian Forrester, Argo44, CJ Dawe), 415 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,796
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: moses
How would you tackle that lever ?
O.M

Just move it to the left side, for a right handed shooter. His thumb is there already anyway.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
O.M

Just move it to the left side, for a right handed shooter. His thumb is there already anyway.

SRH

Stan, would your thumb be long enough to have the leverage and angle to operate it? Never tried a left side lever.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: battle
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
The side lever is nothing more than a gimmick and would likely have little to no impact on market share - certainly not a positive one at any rate. LOOK AT ME I'M DIFFERENT FOR NO REASON!!! Get real, people! Side levers went away because top levers are BETTER!

Now a 21stCentury dedicated SxS target gun? That could win some hearts. Beretta is already doing co-op's with TSK so that is in place. Now all they need is a gun to put it on but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna wait under water for it.

OMG, what was Woodward thinking using a gimmicky thing...

I can understand that for some following the discourse as a progression of thots and comments can be taxing. I would suggest that it may be worthwhile to explore the offerings of adult literacy programs that I believe are now offered by many libraries.

JIC it may not have been universally understood the side lever on the Beretta is a gimmick. On older guns it may have been an unfortunate necessity or misguided client. I mean, count how many there are compared to top lever guns at any time in history and figure out how wonderful they were. NOT!

Lordy! Straight grip, two trigger, and now side lever posers! It just never ends or fails to provide some terrific laughs. Thanks.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks a little better dressed with walnut and cased:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=Wnped70cA_c

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

a one-of-a-kind SxS double shown off by the Beretta Gallery last week.

I hope its one of a kind. Let"s pray they do not make more

JOhn

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
O.M

SRH

Stan, would your thumb be long enough to have the leverage and angle to operate it? Never tried a left side lever.
JR

It just takes a little shift of the hand left, never even removing your palm from the grip, to operate a left side sidelever. Works slick. A lot less hand movement that operating a top lever, though I have devised a way of my own to do that efficiently and quickly. I intend to get a buddy to video how I do it next time I go clays shooting and I'll try to post the video on here.

WTS notwithstanding, the top lever is not the do-all end-all of opening gadgets for double guns. The opening latch of a doublegun has yet to be perfected, IMO. And, prolly never will be.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 07/26/18 05:11 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Cash
Originally Posted By: buzz
Hmmmm....Win 21, you have stepped on some toes now and with intention too.

Yep, but I call 'em like I see 'um. Bob C. won't like it, I know, but my opinion is worth no more than anyone else's. smile
SRH

You are correct...opinion wise that is.
5lb 12oz 30" 28 gauge or 5lb 15oz 30" .410.

You've got some gorgeous wood on your 21s, Bob.

SRH

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The looks of that gun reminds me of the NYC/London/Paris high fashion scene where the male models are dressed in skirts and combat boots to make a point of cutting edge fashion. Gag.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If it is actually stocked in ebony, and not walnut that has been pimped to look like ebony, I'd bet it weighs 19 pounds.
We used ebony forend tips to shift the balance around on Darne doubles. It is dense, heavy stuff.
Not to my taste, I'm afraid, and, of little to no concern, as I suspect it will never be seen outside of Italy.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: battle
The side lever is nothing more than a gimmick and would likely have little to no impact on market share - certainly not a positive one at any rate. LOOK AT ME I'M DIFFERENT FOR NO REASON!!! Get real, people! Side levers went away because top levers are BETTER!

Now a 21stCentury dedicated SxS target gun? That could win some hearts. Beretta is already doing co-op's with TSK so that is in place. Now all they need is a gun to put it on but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna wait under water for it.

OMG, what was Woodward thinking using a gimmicky thing...

I can understand that for some following the discourse as a progression of thots and comments can be taxing. I would suggest that it may be worthwhile to explore the offerings of adult literacy programs that I believe are now offered by many libraries.

JIC it may not have been universally understood the side lever on the Beretta is a gimmick. On older guns it may have been an unfortunate necessity or misguided client. I mean, count how many there are compared to top lever guns at any time in history and figure out how wonderful they were. NOT!

Lordy! Straight grip, two trigger, and now side lever posers! It just never ends or fails to provide some terrific laughs. Thanks.

Variety is such a bad thing.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.