April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Argo44, AGS, Ian Forrester, Jimmy W, 2 invisible), 999 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,177
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

coosa's observation of urban-rural divide interests me. First settlers to Nova Scotia from the Old Country made sure no more laws to keep people away, the land is for everyone. All land is open for hunting and fishing except cultivated, orchards, vineyards, active forest operations, property fenced to keep cattle in or people out.

It works well. Geo, a non-taxpayer in Nova Scotia, has the right to pass over my lands, put up a tent around our house, enjoy the flora and fauna as long as he does no damage---and I pay taxes to live where I am. Hunting regulations confer distances away from residences for public safety. Fishing, pass over any land on foot to water.

The urban-rural divide becomes apparent when mostly urban dwellers lobby government to regulate where and when and how private landowners, working to the world's most responsible sustainability standard, will cut their trees. They use our lands for recreation and want to regulate how we manage our business.

Hunter-landowner disputation is rare. Entry is often prohibited with no tresspass-no hunting signs in proscribed places above, and hunters are respectful not to get up our noses should they enter on private property, which is 75 per cent of our province's geographical area. The Golden Rule reigns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like King is off his meds again, and wandering aimlessly after attempting once again to dishonestly portray himself as a pro-gun activist in his "Fait Accompli" thread. That didn't go too well after he got tripped up by his own anti-gun rhetoric and his previous posts... again. Who was it that said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result?

Fait Accompli- An Anti-Gunner tries to fool us

Then there's Dr. Wanker, who obviously needs some meds and mental health treatment... lots of it! This babbling buffoon is now seeing disrespect for California military veterans where there obviously is nothing of the sort.

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane

To those who feel the need to disrespect the members of the military that died in the service of their country merely because they were Californians, my fondest wish is that you bleed out slowly.
have a nice day, culos

Now there's a good example of why some distributors don't wish to ship guns to California, and why normal California gun owners are losing ground to the antis. But it does cement California's claim to being a leading producer of nuts.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gerald A. Mele
I am a dbl gun addict, a hunter, an engineer and a fully licensed ffl and a Californian

Typically I hate the vitriol toward CA. Recently one of my favorite wholesaler, Zanders Sporting goods sent out a letter suspending deliveries to CA because of some stupid Prop 65 (hazardous) warning labels. I know Zanders will work it out. I mad at the terrible comments on facebook from all of the people who hate me and other Californians and think no one in the industry should do business in CA. I have seen examples here too over the years. For all please read the following I posted in reply (after calling the morons, exactly what they are).... Think about this before you refuse to sell a gun to CA...We must all fight the battle together!

My Post:
Sorry for calling some of you guys morons… that does no good. You all need to understand….
The major geographical portion of CA is conservative and for a lot of us our business revolves around agriculture. We are people just like you guys. We vote conservative, we go to church, we love our God and Guns, we hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors…..just like you! I personally spend about 40 days hunting each year and another 25+ days shooting Clays. There are a lot of people just like me (and you) here.

We are stuck with a population base in the Bay area that is tech based and liberal, yet the remainder of CA feeds the nation.

All of you who do not want to send guns or do business with CA are hurting the people that have the same values as you do…. Yet you all buy cell phones from apple, software and computers developed in CA and watch movies produced by the liberals in CA. I am not asking you to stop buying tech, just asking you to remember that we need support too.

I am a member of SCI, DU, and a NRA patron. I was the vice president of the CA Side by Side Society. For years I used my FFL for free to support these organizations at fundraisers. In addition, I once was a director of the California Waterfowl Association. Over the past 30 years I have been directly responsible or involved in raising over 2 million dollars for these organization. How many of you can say that?

So, please temper your comments about the other people in CA, think about it before you refuse to support people just like you…while your texting or checking facebook on your Liberal profit-making device.

Good Hunting and Shooting to all!

Jerry

We have the exact same problem here in NY. I feel your pain. NYC does the same for us. They control Albany and are responsible for the stupid Safeact and every other liberal idea or law we have. I’ve been all around the country and wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. We have such a variety. The Adirondacks, Catskills, Lake Ontario, and my favorite the Fingers Lakes. We have awesome fishing, hunting and any other outdoor sports. I hate when I tell people I’m from NY and they automatically think the city. It’s a shithole and I’ve only been there once. Don’t care to go back. We need to separate!!!!

So I will always do business with California. I’ve had the same response. People see NY and don’t want to deal with us either.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I tried to find anything that was derogatory toward California veterans in the post, and, I have to agree with Keith, there simply wasn't anything.

Dr. Sane, why do you always insist you haven't made your political leanings clear here? They are there for anyone to clearly see, somewhat thinly veiled, here, but, wide open and public for anyone to see on your Facebook page. You are not invisible, and, rather easy to find, along with your views. yet, you deny that.
How come?

As to the actual laws that make it more difficult for dealers and laypersons selling firearms to those in California, who, exactly, has been saved by these laws? What heinous crimes have been prevented? I submit the laws are simply doing as intended, making people outside of the state wonder what law passed by Californians they are going to run afoul of, and to simply wash their hands of anything to do with the big left coast. The average gun seller has no intention of doing something of questionable legality, even if accidentally, and certainly wants no part of being tripped up in some other state's useless added paperwork or hoops. I don't see that as "hatred", simply a decision of whether it is worth it to that individual to comply with pointless law passed by others that he had no part in electing. Many, have simply chosen to punt when it comes to California sales. I don't blame them.
If you have a better explaination, I'd love to hear it. If anyone has a better explaination, I'd love to hear it.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gerald A. Mele
............. think about it before you refuse to support people just like you…while your texting or checking facebook on your Liberal profit-making device.

Jerry, I empathize with the true sportsmen in CA who are "suffering" under such onerous laws, and I do appreciate your support of the NRA and other sportsmen's affiliated organizations. But, I think saying that, because residents of other states choose not to do business with Californians because of what they deem to be too much red tape, is a lack of support for you is a stretch. Support has nothing to do with it, IMO. I'll bet you that when you get a grassroots organization going to overturn your liberal government you will have the support of every right-minded sportsman in the nation.

Just choosing not to do the extra work necessary for other states' residents to sell guns there is not a "lack of support", it's just a reasonable response to unreasonable regulation that y'all allowed to happen.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Der Ami
Somebody tell Wonko the Sane that Viet Nam War era California went to pot.
Mike

It took more than pot to fry their Californicatin brainz...

If there ever was a modern Sodom and Gamora it resides in California.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
....I don't see that as "hatred", simply a decision of whether it is worth it to that individual to comply with pointless law passed by others that he had no part in electing. Many, have simply chosen to punt when it comes to California sales. I don't blame them.
If you have a better explaination, I'd love to hear it. If anyone has a better explaination, I'd love to hear it....

I don't know if it applies to this topic, but this state seems hell bent on expanding liability risks even if all the I's are dotted and the T's crossed. It sure looks like a money making opportunity for an economy that shouldn't need it, and a nice little backdoor way to engineer behavior. I'm inclined to agree with Stan's thought. If reasonable residents take back the state, these problems will be forgotten in the blink of an eye. Until then, I'd rather pay more to not lay over in one of California's great airports. Not because of hate, but because of the warm and fuzzy pride the folks show in a job well done.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The world would be a better place if the Pacific ocean waves were crashing on the foot hills of the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What most of you seem to be missing is the unarguable effects of having massive urban areas making up a significant (majority) of a state's population. As Woody402 pointed out, those who live in upstate New York have the same issue.

And suggesting they just elect more like minded individuals who will fix the problem is so foolishly simplistic it borders on willful ignorance.

As long as the state's population base is dominated by those who live in LA, the Bay area and San Diego, this problem will exist. As it does for every other jurisdiction that is dominated, population wise, by very large urban areas.

Rather than shitting on other gun enthusiasts, you would do well to find a way to support them. You will be next. There is an ongoing and massive demographic shift from rural to urban, from small towns and small cities, to massive urban regions. It's only a matter of time before it comes to a state near you.

And before my advice is misconstrued, it applies equally to those who vote for anti gun politicians, no matter where you live. That constitutes shitting on other gun owners.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
I tried to find anything that was derogatory toward California veterans in the post, and, I have to agree with Keith, there simply wasn't anything.

Dr. Sane, why do you always insist you haven't made your political leanings clear here? They are there for anyone to clearly see, somewhat thinly veiled, here, but, wide open and public for anyone to see on your Facebook page. You are not invisible, and, rather easy to find, along with your views. yet, you deny that.
How come?

Best,
Ted

Yeah, that post caused me to go back and re-read the thread. I couldn't find anything about disrespecting vets either. Recoiling from ghosts who aren't there. Weird.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.