April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (LeFusil, j7l2, 2 invisible), 857 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,834
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: keith
...After many years of thinking like you and many others that we gun owners are all in this together, I finally came to the conclusion that we do ourselves no favors by coddling and embracing back-stabbers....

Who needs them, you ask? You do? And every other gun owner and supporter of the 2cd.

They are, odds are, the easiest to convert to our way of thinking....

....But besides that, to what end, what benefit is gained by this polarization and hatred? It doesn't move your agenda forward....

Awe, group hug cback. Sorry, I had to get that out of the way. Why would you characterize it as 'polarization and hatred'? Wouldn't it just be called progress, 'cept for the part about liking guns?

Here's an anecdotal tidbit that RM Bill can confirm. Within Montana, sen. tester sure as the sun rises sounds like a pro gunner, but in dc he's a hundred percent lock step antigun policy voter and supporter. No, it isn't tester's sort coming to be all he can be as a progressive lefty, but what in this world makes you think Bill 'would be the easiest to convert to our way of thinking'?

Who says anyone has to hate anyone? The more important question would be, why would one willfully allow a person that happens to shoot, blow smoke up their a..? Can you believe how much mileage Bill thinks he gets out of his corporate greed/Trump wrecked o's economy mantra? Good luck, eh, winning him over to vote in a multi issue pro liberty way?

I grinned a bit at your native North American reservation characterization. Ever drive down through Bill's MT, no eye contact, don't slow down in Browning, eh? Sure there's drug abuse on the reservations, but we probably shouldn't ignore the cover that they can provide for drug traffickers. In fairness there are some councils that're starting to kick the riffraff off of their reservations. Ask Bill, I'm sure he's aware of MT roads that're notorious illegal drug trafficking routes up to your country. There're stretches that you don't stop to help a damsel in distress, unless you want to get your head split open by three of her meth addicted 'boyfriends'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on the great state of Montana, one of my absolutely favorite places to be. I'm picking on hypocrisy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, lots in there but Ill just respond to this one item. EVERY reservation I have been on in the northern plains states is better than EVERY reservation Ive been on in Manitoba and Saskatchewan and northern Ontario.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay, Ill add a bit more.

Im right about demographics and our changing society. You can deny it, stick your head in the sand or hold your breath and plug your ears. Wont make a bit of difference. Change is coming and alienating those closest to us wont help keep up the numbers. Thats just the way it is.

The reason you are losing the society game is because you arent playing the long game and the Left is. And you are losing for sure.

The thread was started due to the hate exhibited towards Californians who a simply trying to follow the laws they are saddled with. There is hate and polarization exhibited here every day.

Last edited by canvasback; 09/06/18 09:59 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

If we are losing, it is because the Democrats have figured out that they can bribe the public with the publics own money. Something de Tocqueville warned of 200 years ago. It seems many people do not believe in the things that have made the US exceptional: personal responsibility, individual rights, capitalism and free markets and equality of opportunity not equality of outcome. The Dems buy votes with promises of free healthcare, free college, above market wages, etc. Buy enough votes and you can ram through any policy you want. But a system based on buying votes will implode because eventually you will run out of other peoples money.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hypocrisy, hatred, polarization: does it matter now? There's all of that for sure but you're mowing the lawn while the roof is on fire, craig. Leader of western world, cringing at a dictator's bidding in Helsinki, a country in political chaos, rule of law out the window, institutions binding a country condemned, adversaries favoured over allies, and we're going on about patriotism in Montana and California? Great nations go down when they no longer believe in themselves. Cutting out the petty nonsense here would be an improvement.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Hypocrisy, hatred, polarization: does it matter now? There's all of that for sure but you're mowing the lawn while the roof is on fire, craig. Leader of western world, cringing at a dictator's bidding in Helsinki, a country in political chaos, rule of law out the window, institutions binding a country condemned, adversaries favoured over allies, and we're going on about patriotism in Montana and California? Great nations go down when they no longer believe in themselves. Cutting out the petty nonsense here would be an improvement.

I think it's a country in media chaos.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

IMHO your us or them attitude is no better than the Antifa us or them attitude. The only difference is your positions are likely more effective in building a better society and country. But your polarization works against that objective. I'm surprised a smart guy like you doesn't see that.

We've had this discussion before James. After many years of thinking like you and many others that we gun owners are all in this together, I finally came to the conclusion that we do ourselves no favors by coddling and embracing back-stabbers. We spend a great deal of time, effort, and money attempting to preserve our rights and freedoms, only to have a minority of gun owners undermining us by supporting the politicians that work relentlessly to take away our guns.

If I agreed with 95% of what some Republican politicians were for, but they wanted to ban my guns, I would withhold my support for them and relentlessly pressure them to respect my Constitutional Rights. Or I would find another politician who actually respected the Constitution to vote for. I did not vote for my Republican Senator Pat Toomey in the last election, and I e-mailed him to tell him why he didn't get my vote or my support. His support for Obama's gun restrictions had gone way beyond simply choosing the lesser of two evils. I urge other gun owners to reject him too, unless he changes. I don't see many Liberal Left Democrat gun owners doing a thing to change their politician's negative prevailing attitude toward gun rights. Do you? That's why I say they are as dumb as someone who would hire a pedophile to babysit their kids, or who would bring termites into a wood framed house. And alienating them does no harm, because they are already stabbing you in the back. Who needs them?

I'm very surprised that a smart guy like you doesn't see that.

Who needs them, you ask? You do? And every other gun owner and supporter of the 2cd.

They are, odds are, the easiest to convert to our way of thinking. But not when we shit all over them. And we need converts because demographics alone will destroy the 2cd and hunting both. Maybe not in our lifetimes Keith but a good chance in our childrens' lives.

But besides that, to what end, what benefit is gained by this polarization and hatred? It doesn't move your agenda forward. It's not Christian and hatred diminishes each of us who engage in it, even when we have good reason.

But all this is a little off my original point. Why shouldn't Steve say what he thinks. We do. Isn't that what your 1st is all about?

Sorry James, but no, we don't need them... the supporters of anti-gunners in our midst. They are no good for us or the preservation of 2nd Amendment Rights. And you cannot show me even one here that you have converted to our way of thinking. They will not help to thwart the destruction of the 2nd Amendment... they are willing participants in it.

So what benefit is gained by my thought that we should reject and marginalize them? That's easy too. By accepting and embracing them, we are teaching them that there are no repercussions to stabbing the majority of gun owners in the backs. You are telling them that their back-stabbing is somehow acceptable because they own, or claim to own and shoot a few guns. We should not be permitting them to get away with electing and supporting those anti-gunners who threaten your rights, and those of your children and grandchildren. Let them go... reject them. They can't do any more damage than they already are by undermining us.

And I never said that Lefty Stevie SKB shouldn't say what he thinks. In fact, I think he should say it all like King instead of pretending that he is Conservative or Independent Moderate. After all, it should be obvious to you that he spends an inordinate amount of time denigrating and criticizing Republicans, while tossing a few soft balls toward his favored Liberal Democrats in order to try to hide his true attitudes. I think he should just come out of his closet already.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, see ya in 60 years and you can tell me then how well its worked out for gun owners.

You attack Steve with some pretence like hes being disengeneous and you give a pass to an ignoramus like jOe.

I guess the problem is Im not a fanatic. There is no one single issue that, if youre on my side, means Ill support you no matter how big a dick you are. And if you are on the other side, no matter how many other aspects of life we have in common, Ill hate you.

We shall continue to disagree on whats best for our cause. laugh

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe isn't stabbing you in the back like SKB is James. jOe isn't frequently popping up to bash pro-gun republicans like Steve does. I believe Steve is indeed being disingenuous, and he has given us abundant proof of that. I'd just like to see him be honest with us and come out of his closet. And like it or not, jOe really is one of those gun owners who you say we need to have on our side and not be polarized against them.

It sure doesn't sound as though you are a not fanatic when it comes to hating jOe. I'd say that calling him an ignoramus rises to the level of shitting on a fellow hunter, shooter, and gun owner in a fanatical manner... something you keep lecturing me about.

With the changing demographics you are concerned about, how can you justify rejecting jOe and embracing guys like King and SKB who obviously support Liberal left anti-gunners? Why is it OK for you to shit on jOe, and bad for me to dump on Liberal Left back-stabbers?

I don't need to call you in 60 years to tell you that embracing the Liberal left Democrat gun owners who undermine our efforts to preserve gun rights is not working. The anti-gun politicians and organizations themselves are as proud as peacocks about that, and they are happy to report and exaggerate the number of gun owners who they claim support more gun restrictions on law abiding citizens.

But maybe you'll prove me wrong in the end. Who knows...maybe you'll change King. And maybe pigs will fly too.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's what canooks do...they think they are smarter than everyone else.

Truth iz I never ran into a canook that wasn't so full of himself that he couldn't realize how really stupid he was.

Truth is we should've whipped their azzes years ago and put them on Artic reservations.

Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.