March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Licensed to kill), 745 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I made it by Mid South today and the selection of guns was huge. Lots of Parkers, Fox's, Smiths. Probably 300-500 sxs shotguns. I looked at guns for close to 2 hours, only one other shopper in there, 2-3 employees. They never asked if I needed help. I was looking for a beater sxs sub-gauge for my son and they had no knowledge to contribute. The owner was not in and so I moved on...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chad Linder
I made it by Mid South today and the selection of guns was huge. Lots of Parkers, Fox's, Smiths. Probably 300-500 sxs shotguns. I looked at guns for close to 2 hours, only one other shopper in there, 2-3 employees. They never asked if I needed help. I was looking for a beater sxs sub-gauge for my son and they had no knowledge to contribute. The owner was not in and so I moved on...

Phillip will work with you on price, when you catch him in. From what I've overheard, I believe he's involved in farming in the area, which might explain it when he's not there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great idea! Here are two, located right beside each other:

Olathe Gun Shop, Olathe,KS
Simmons Gun Repair and Sales, Olathe, KS

Many may recall that Simmons is well know for repairs, and for ribs installed (for the factory, I think) on older Winchesters. They now carry some interesting guns, mostly doubles.

The Olathe Gun Shop has a large array of vintage shotguns, as well as new firearms, clothing and accessories.

Last edited by J O'Neill; 10/01/18 06:25 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My Mid South routine is walk the racks, take the hang tag on anything I am intrested in and wedge it in front of the trigger guard so I can find it later, Then carry three candidates to the back table. Pick one to eliminate put it back with the hang tag hanging and replace it with another. Keep working through through the guns three at a time until I have come to a good idea oneI want.

Couple close calls I may ask Phillip for his opinion , other than that dont ask him much. One thing hes not is a salesman, he knows his SxS Guns very well but wont push one over another. He is a farmer and may be out, but will come back to meet you if possible. Meet for sure if you set it up in advance

I think I have bought 5 Parkers one LC Smith one Berretta O/U one 391 and a Winchester High Wall at Mid South. Sold him a few guns too. My guess is friends of mine have bought at least 2 dozen side by sides at Mid South. I found his shop through a friend, its 5 hours from my house, day long round trip.

Boats

Last edited by Boats; 10/01/18 08:10 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

On the sub gages left side of the shop behind the O/U guns he has dozen or so vintage American 410 SxS Guns, all common makers like Stevens etc. if I was ever bitten by the 410 bug be the first stop I would make.

Boats

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Boats
On the sub gages left side of the shop behind the O/U guns he has dozen or so vintage American 410 SxS Guns, all common makers like Stevens etc. if I was ever bitten by the 410 bug be the first stop I would make.

Boats

Uh, oh.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This is to put it in perspective. English and European sxs guns mainly on the top row, o/u shotguns on the bottom row. The opposite wall had an entire run of Parkers, Foxes and Smiths.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sound like I am selling Mid South but honest dealers are getting scare. He does not embellish or dress up anything every gun is exactly as he bought it . Guns with warts or hidden gems no different .

Boats

Last edited by Boats; 10/01/18 08:29 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

That looks like SxS heaven....dang

jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A jewler I am doing some business with in Austin just told me of J.E. Cauthen & Sons in Fredericksburg, TX.. I have not been in but seems to have some very nice doubles and from the website, looks like it would be a nice place to poke around. http://www.jecauthen.com/

There is also McBrides Guns in Austin, TX. https://www.mcbridesguns.com/
Always a few consignment doubles and they stock some current makers new offerings..

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.