May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (HMAK, Hammergun, GMCS, MattH, bushveld), 269 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,561
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Copperheads are not constrictors. I call BS on that one.

I dunno Brent. I to have handled too many snakes. My experience is even the non-constrictors will be happy to wrap you up if they can. Wrap you up and poop on you,I should say. I think it is defensive behavior common to'em all...Geo

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

And most all will rattle their tails...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Most will try to get some "wrap" on you, simply to get a grip on something and try to get away from your grasp. Closest encounter I ever had was with a big rattler, early in my snake catching, that very slowly got partial wraps onto my right arm as I held his head in my right hand, and as I was talking to someone. When he finally got enough "grip" he tried to snatch his head back out of my hand and almost succeeded. That would have gone ugly quick if he had succeeded.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I see a rattler and I do everything in my power to increase the distance between the two of us. You guys that catch them like excitement way more than I do, Yikes!

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Copperheads are not constrictors. I call BS on that one.

I dunno Brent. I to have handled too many snakes. My experience is even the non-constrictors will be happy to wrap you up if they can. Wrap you up and poop on you,I should say. I think it is defensive behavior common to'em all...Geo

Sure they might wrap around your arm, but there is no way they are capable of restricting blood flow (even constrictors can't do that) nor would, in any way, be difficult to get loose of.

There is probably a grain of truth in that story somewhere, but it's been strongly "embellished". At least that's my opinion. Copperheads seem pretty mild as pit viper go also.

We saw a lot of the doing field work in Kansas.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think copperheads have the means to kill you outright by their venom. They will just make you sick and inconvenience you for awhile.

A big rattler, or big cottonmouth, is deadlier because of the length of it's fangs and the possibility of it delivering a larger dose of venom. The longer it's fangs the deeper it can inject the venom, and the more likely it is to hit a major artery or vein. It is entirely possible for a big rattler to kill you in a matter of minutes if it hits a major blood vessel. But, most of the time they don't, and they just make you mighty sick for awhile. An acquaintance died from a rattler bite, but it was really the heart attack that killed him, not the venom. He was a poster child for "Alcohol and rattlesnakes don't mix". Ever hear the phrase "Watch this!" ?

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, the only way to settle this is for you to catch a big rattlesnake and let spoiled child BrentD show us how easily he can unwrap it from his arm.

It is simply silly to say that even constrictors cannot restrict blood flow. Even the elastic band on a pair of socks can do that.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If the opportunity arises this fall, we'll see what we can do. But, I prolly ain't releasing him with one hand to take a selfie!

Actually, the way true constrictors kill is by tightening the coils when the victim exhales each time. Eventually, the victim cannot inhale enough, and dies by suffocation.

SRH

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Having twouble seeing what you said wubber duckie

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Actually, the way true constrictors kill is by tightening the coils when the victim exhales each time. Eventually, the victim cannot inhale enough, and dies by suffocation.SRH

I had a seat belt in a Chevy Suburban once that would do that same thing...Geo

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.