April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Roundsworth, Marks_21, fab500, David Williamson), 1,040 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,135
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well if I did have a problem, Kawasaki solved it.
O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I hunt nearly every day ice permits lakes and ponds, after that open and moving salt water, blinds on fresh and salt water at each end of our property. Many days don't shoot, enjoy the company and watching my Lab pick up for my buddies.

I hunted without a dog with buddies who had dogs or boats when my last Lab died several years ago. At my age, I couldn't train another and see it through. My mostly retired kids said I couldn't live without a dog, and James was pushing the arse off me to get smart and start living.

I lucked into four-year-old MH Lab last year, out of Iowa. My life is back. Independent, free to pick up gun, dog and bag of decoys and out the door. Every hunt takes me back 75 years although I seem to take more notice of the sights and smells; every day is a premium.

But to your point: the kindness, sometimes a tenderness, comes from younger buddies I've hunted with all these years. You may not have reached that point, judging from your photos and company, but if you haven't you've many pleasurable years ahead---dog or not.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How sweet the pungent oder of horse hockey fills the air...

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe, don’t mention hockey. builder will flip out.

King, you write like a prepubescent girl. Have you considered a sex change?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Any kind of a change would be an improvement!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Any kind of a change would be an improvement!

You could try changing your negative views about our 2nd Amendment and our NRA. That would be an improvement, but such an abrupt change could cause withdrawal symptoms in you.

There is a steady rain and falling temperature today for our first day of deer season. Once again, my hunting umbrella that screws into a tree is proving to be one of the best things I ever bought. I've only seen a couple does so far, but there is lots of time and I always regretted filling my tag early after waiting all year for this.

It's funny how the alarm clock going off at 4:30 am is such a welcome sound when it comes to going hunting. I hate to even think that there may come a time when I can no longer do this.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Last edited by Tom Findrick; 05/15/21 08:45 PM. Reason: Add

“When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead” - John Greenleaf Whittier
Sidelock
Sidelock

George:

I am half past 67. I am actually better health now than a number of years ago. Most folks say I do not look that age. Here is how I have come around. I started lifting hand weights about a year ago. When I first started in could barely do it 10 times a side. Now 90-100 times each side. I do this 5-6 days a week. Working various muscles. I now walk with my wife 1 1/2 -2 miles 5-6 days a week. Also floor exercises. Not heavy stuff, more toward lifting legs, back and stomach muscles.

George. I read in a health magazine that is is common as we age is a loss of balance, which accounts for more broken hips and other various bones due to falls. I was doing exercises to help my balance, but dropped the ball on this one. I was noticing a difference. I need to restart this again. These are very simple and easy stuff. My biggest problem was procrastination.

Now you have my input. Stay well all

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm still trying to answer the original question. I don't need to be sold on the joys of being outdoors; I just got back from a five day fishing trip to the Everglades snook fishing. I still love it but getting in and out of my own boat has become a challenge.

John, my exercise routine is quite similar to yours (when I do it) and it works but has not solved my balance and strength problem. I can do it for six weeks and get ready for a trip, but I'm a little sorry about it if I have nothing to look forward to. I've stopped accepting kick'em up quail invitations for safety sake. However I still love dove and duck hunting, I killed a buck this Fall and a gobbler this Spring. I'll quit it all when my body makes me. Meantime it will be a safety issue for me.
Best to all...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

After my drowning late last summer I recovered very quickly. I pushed myself to get back the weight I lost (20 lbs.) while laid up in the hospital, and my strength back. By sometime during the holiday season I felt I was fully recovered. At a checkup with my GP during the late winter months he asked what was up with my blood pressure. It had risen to the 160s over the low 90s. He said he wasn't going to tolerate that and then asked if I was still exercising. I replied that I didn't resume after my recovery from my accident. My "exercising" consisted of jumping rope in the style that fighters do in training, jumping twice for each revolution of the rope (jumping the rope 100 times means you jump 200 times). He told me to get back to work with the rope and see him again in one month to see if I had to go on blood pressure meds. I started back in earnest the next day. I could only jump about 20 times when I started back. But, each day it increased and I would push myself to do as many as I could. Before too long I was doing as many as 150, twice a day (that's 300 jumps for each, or a total of 600 jumps that day). Monitoring my b p at home I found that it was dropping fairly rapidly. My lung capacity increased drastically which made me feel better all over. When I went back to see the dr. after one month of jumping rope the nurse checked my b p and wrote it down on the chart. When my doc came in to see me he looked at it and said that he had never seen anyone who hated to take meds any more than me. My b p was down to 132 over 83. He grinned and said for me to keep it up, and he would see me in 6 months.

Cardio exercise is amazing in what it can do for a person, even at my age of 69. Jumping rope gets you to that heart pounding pace quicker than anything I know of. Looks like I'm stuck with doing it from here on out, or go on meds. Some days I have to really make myself do it, but it's far better than the meds.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.