March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (NCTarheel, Marc Ret, Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 338 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,003
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve those mini pictures don't show much...truth is they suck...I'd get a different picture host like Imgur and get an account on my cell phone.

Takes me 2 seconds to go get a picture off my Imgur account.

I take the photos with my cell phone then log into Imgur on my phone...then select the camera link bottom of the screen click it...at that point you can take a new picture and upload it then and there or go into the pictures within your phone and select one.

When it all starts I select "private"....after the up load is complete I go to my desktop and log into my Imgur account...

Then select my photos/images...select the photo you want and the image links will come up on the side of the selected photo look for the "message board link" for that photo...hit "copy" and then paste it here.

If you're not sure what to ask for the guns list them in the sale section and "take offers"...if an offer suits you sell it send Dave 10 bucks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll offer some opinions on the A&N .410. First, .410's do have a higher value than their 12 bore counterparts. Yours is a very entry level gun with some major stock issues with the forend and around the locks. And unfortunately the Army and Navy brand doesn't add any value. A comparable grade American double like Crescent Arms seem to fetch in the $400 area. Being an English made gun, its quality is likely to be better, so I'd estimate $400-$700 depending on the stock issues, from what I can see in the pics.

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like there is a decent crack starting behind each lock- is that correct? That would certainly greatly diminish the value as a shooter

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would estimate the 12 bore sidelock at 1000-1500. Sorry for the broad ranges, one would need a number of additional pictures to narrow it down. The brand again doesn't help any, and lower grade sidelocks don't seem to be going for much right now.

If you are wanting to sell them, I would suggest posting them on Gunbroker where people can bid on them. Start them on the low end, and perhaps on a 10 day auction. That's a good way to sell them for about what the market is at. Or you could put them up for a fixed amount for a month before going to auction- but if the figure is lower than what the market is, you might not get as much. I would also suggest a dozen or more pictures per gun, including the proof Mark's on the barrel flats and action water table. Hope this helps!

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, very helpful information. Do you know anything re: Knickerbocker, Weatherby and Baker? Anything you can provide will be helpful

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Knickerboocker is a really nice looking gun....best I could see in the tiny witt'e bitt'e teen'e ween'e picture.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's a NIB Athena III 28 ga on GunsAmerica right now for $2500. Not many out there that I could find, but that's a starting point

NRA Patron Life Member
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.