May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Perry M. Kissam, Drew Hause, 2 invisible), 270 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,708
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
GLS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

There you go again. No, I don't think it's a lie. When I peeked at your report all I saw was "google Australia, etc." Didn't catch the Brunswick part about your buddy's dog. Dogs get bit by snakes and survive. Maybe the vitamin C worked or maybe the dog got better on its own. A buddy's deer tracking bloodhound got bit by a big rattler on the leg. He couldn't get it to a vet. The vet finally called him late at night and said to bring him by in the a.m. It was too late for antivenom. This is the same vet who lost a dog after spending $3500 out of pocket on his own. The dog's leg swelled and skin burst. By morning the swelling went down and was treated for infection by the vet. Dale didn't do a thing to his dog. The venom ran its course by early morning. If a dog is gonna get bit, make it a 14" snake rather than one 60" long. Some of us love our dogs and don't just treat them as livestock. What's it to you that folks go the extra mile for their dogs? Is it skin off your nose? I'd rather live with doing too much than having to live with doing too little. Bet you went the extra mile for Buster. If you didn't that says more about you than the dog. Now that you have mastered the edit function, consider using a spell check.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went the extra mile for him...time he cut a two or three inch gash in his shoulder on Constantine wire I cleaned it up....cut the hair short tapped it up and stopped hunting until it healed.

GLS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I went the extra mile for him...time he cut a two or three inch gash in his shoulder on Constantine wire I cleaned it up....cut the hair short tapped it up and stopped hunting until it healed.

That's good. I do the same for my dogs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ignoring me on one hand and quoting me on the other.

What's that say ?

GLS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Snakes may be lethargic in the winter, but that didn't stop a big Eastern from killing a friend's Boykin in February around here. Fifteen minutes from bite to dead. Nothing would have saved it. Friends found the snake in the same location on a fence row and dispatched it. It was a 5' edb as big around as a softball. Bright sunny days and balmy temps can get them moving. We've had days in the 80s during the winter here on the coast. Karl's dog was killed cleaning up after a pheasant toss in February a handful of years ago. It damn near killed him from grief. His wife located a rescue Boykin in TX, fully trained, whose owner died and his daughter couldn't take him. He drove non-stop to TX and returned home non-stop. He and I took our dogs 7 years ago to Alachua, FL, for snake break training. He was able to convince the vet, retired, to bring his snakes to the local gun club for the last few years where he'd put 50 or more dogs through the training on a Saturday. Dr. Bud had to sell his snakes after Florida enacted legislation requiring more secure housing of snakes beyond what Bud was will to spend and build. The legislation was in response to some nut's cobra getting loose in Miami. My older dog Abby was so conditioned to the training and refreshing that she wouldn't get out of the truck when she recognized the set up and Bud a year later, and successive years afterwards. Willa had one session and a refresher. The dogs had no trouble sensing the rattler and moccasin, but for some reason, none of the dogs sensed the 10" copperhead on the last session. Fortunately, they are the least venomous. A buddy's Jack Russell was bitten so many times by copperheads that his nickname was "Zipperhead". He didn't survive a big rattler.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Did you bother to read how the vitamin C treatment was discovered ?

Lucky for us we don't have the venomous snakes they have in Australia or South America yet...

GLS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ignoring me on one hand and quoting me on the other.

What's that say ?

There you go again. You are the one who said I had you on ignore, not me. I've never mentioned doing so. How many times are you going to say I have you on "ignore"? Maybe it says your feelings are hurt on Christmas morning. It seems to bug you that someone would have you on "ignore." How dare me and others placing you on ignore. I am so sorry that I have offended you. Or maybe it says I get to choose, not you, when I want to ignore you or not to ignore you. It's one of the benefits of living in America and a free society. Sometimes you have something to say constructive. Other times you are stalking and trashing folks taking pot shots and making snide remarks in your role as board's Slur Jockey. One never knows if you acting as Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde without looking. You would do better if you were more Jekyll than Hyde. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doesn't bug me one bit....

I love screwing with people that run and hide when their butt gets hurt a little...then want to peek and reply.

Like a childish game of peek a boo or hide and seek.

It's easy to see if someone has you on ignore just click their name and then click PM...here's you.

"UBB Message
This user is ignoring you. You cannot send them a message.

Please click back to return to the previous page.
"

I had no desire to PM you...just easy as pie to check and funny as heck to see you get butt hurt and ignore me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just ignored you now your internet life is a blank page....

Try and pm me now sucker.

GLS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Doesn't bug me one bit....

I love screwing with people that run and hide when their butt gets hurt a little...then want to peek and reply.

Like a childish game of peek a boo or hide and seek.

It's easy to see if someone has you on ignore just click their name and then click PM...here's you.

"UBB Message
This user is ignoring you. You cannot send them a message.

Please click back to return to the previous page.
"

I had no desire to PM you...just easy as pie to check and funny as heck to see you get butt hurt and ignore me.

Likes screwing with people who run and hide.
For all to see. His Christmas gift to the board. He finally admits his role on this forum. What a guy!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.