April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (bbman3, bushveld, earlyriser), 427 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,161
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jon,
I agree with you and the use you put your LOMs to. I use mine for transport to SD each year just to save space in the Excursion. I then use a gun slip during the day. LOMs do look pretty cool though!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

RWTF, Those canvas and leather cases where very common back in those days. There was even one that would strap into the frame of a boys bicycle and hold a take down 22 rifle. Like a Stevens favorite. This way when you rode home from school you could hunt...ahh the good old days...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam
Two pieced socks??? OK, time for another lesson?? I have no idea what a two piece gun sock is?

Sorry, that does sound strange. What they are is a two sock set that is designed to hold the buttstock and action in one sock and the barrel/forend in the other. They're appropriately sized to do so. There are drawstrings on each, at the open end, which you can see in the pic you referenced showing my SuperFox partially out of the LOM case.

Someone here turned me on to them, and I ordered some just for the LOM cases. I think I found them on the Beretta site. If you can't find them let me know and I will try to find where I ordered them from.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I will certainly look Stan. Thanks.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Check out this bad baby....made back when Bianchi gun leather was top of the line. Sheep shearling lined and will accommodate a 32 inch barrel.

Only the second one I've ever crossed paths with.

Sidelock
Sidelock

LOM cases do indeed look cool. Other cases may give better protection. Often its a trade off of function for weight and size. My metal cases are like tanks but they weigh a ton. I hate using them for anything but long trips. A soft case or LOM case are much easier to use but not much protection.

My son uses a baseball/softball bag as a soft transport case. Protects against minor damage in the truck for short trips. People who see it think baseball not shotgun which is another type of protection. We call it camouflage security. People see something and just know what they are seeing even if its an apppe not an orange.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.