May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Marks_21, Hammergun, LGF, bsteele, 2 invisible), 1,153 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,511
Posts545,661
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rumor iz ol'Broke dick bOb will be there with a picture of a gun he wants....

Sidelock
Sidelock

I feel so dirty...yuk.

Last edited by Bob Cash; 01/22/19 10:24 AM. Reason: Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

just finished shoveling 14" of snow at parents home in conn. handed out some lc calendars at elm city gun club east haven and Branford rod and gun. hopped over to Putnam county rod and gun ny and presented their calendar and shot some trap. no matter where I go, they know me and know that calendar is coming. makes for a good time because when the guys know im coming, they break out their 4/5/7e trap grade smiths to shoot. great stuff to see too.
to clarify for the on lookers, hoa still wins hoa prizes. 1st place is 1st place.
the shoot off at the 50yd line is by invite only. you must be hoa or 2nd place, win a turkey relay, hit a wild card dot on the turkey card, or be last place. last place is usually a 12 year old kid, a wife of a shooter, or a plain lousy shot! ive shot in proxy for some with double caterats. even shot for a man with a deformed arm who was shooting his pump one handed all day. yep...came in last place. he was glad to have me shoot for him. (and yes he won the trophy.) and not one person was upset. and ya know...ive never had anyone complain. never...to this day. its all in fun and fun it is.
we have 17 as of today. farthest is coming from colo springs and U-P Wisconsin.
I have 5 slots left on Friday 4pm field 1. if anyone makes a cameo appearance, make sure it Friday to get your skeet/trap scores in.
im swinging by va to pick up my wife....and headin' west. I got first cut to get ready for. gotta juice up the ford 4000. see ya in april.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

farm looks good. couple trees down that wont effect the shoot. road isnt washed out. no lightning strikes and machines are all running. lights came on for the night shooting. heat and water are all secure.
guess that means....its gonna happen.
bush hogged down range to help see those birds fly. wife is shopping for the groceries for the pot luck. shes making her lasagna and enchilada casserole this time.

had a little free time so i popped down to twin lakes ark to shoot with the r&g club. had a blast. went over to visit rover gun club in mo. shot up some 49 year old green RXP skeet loads out the m12. boxes were falling apart but fired like they were just made. i bought them about 15 years ago at bend in river gun club, tn. the old owner had them on a dusty shelf, so i gave him a sale. felt bad not shooting much, so i made up for it buying some inventory. fields are starting to green up here. rabbits are out. sheep dogs are barking at the buzzards when they swoop low. no copperheads spotted yet. wifes happy. im happy. soon we get to share it with my guests. hope to see some new faces and new guns on the range. my local student shot her first 25 straight in skeet while i was gone. odds are, she may win the apr meet. she came in 2nd in oct. got a father getting back into shotgunning after a 30 year layover.
my go to man who always pulls and scores had a heart attack while i was gone. he bought a ticket and squaded back in nov. he may or may not come now. if he does...well, guess who will shoot for him at the 50? hes waiting for dr. orders on shooting. but still...quad bypass aint nothing to fool around with. i may limit him to his favorite chair for the meet. now excuse me, i gotta mend some fence and put up no hunting signs on the fence line.

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

10 day forecast........

friday morning, 25% chance of rain. clearing in afternoon.

saturday for main event.......
20% light showers early morning 3-6am. clearing by 9am. 65deg, partly sunny all day.

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

safe journey. see you guys soon.
bob

Sidelock
Sidelock

I expect to be at work until about 1830 on Friday so I won't be there until after 2100 that evening.

Byron
bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

we will most likely be closing up when you pull in. sorry to miss you on night birds. you going to camp again in your truck bed? take camp 2. i'll have your fire ring ready to go to warm ya up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob

Hope you have a great shoot.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

thank you. come in oct. be glad to have ya.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.