Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
If it was David, it just might be on 35mm.

There is a picture of David, with his trusty 35, documenting an old gun with MM.

I still shoot film.

Best,
Ted

People have a hard time posting digital pics here. Posting 35 mm photos is going to be even more fun. We may be speculating and guessing for a while...

I still have my Canon AE-1 and an Olympus compact 35 mm camera. Haven't used either in quite some time, but you never know. Vinyl LP's have made a bit of a resurgence, so why not film?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'll call David tomorrow. I wanted to give him a chance to get the gun back and look at it. He only had a phone call at the time I talked to him and was upset at losing the barrels to his Purdey.

There are two things that might impinge my getting photos. 1) he doesn't do computers anymore. I might be able to talk him through taking photos and forwarding them. 2) He can be protective of the information - he mentioned possibly writing an article but I'm not sure he has the energy anymore for that.

Alternatively, he's mentioned several times wanting to talk to Dr. Drew. Drew has posted photos for him before. If I fail, I'll let others follow up. At the least though I'll get a description.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just a suggestion... perhaps he might be able to text a few cell phone pics... if he isn't saving that for an article.

Until then, here's an old thread about a burst in one of those new-fangled fluid steel bombs. Pictures also optional.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=13496&page=1

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can easily take pics with my Canon and download them to my computer off the SD card, but seldom do anymore. It's so easy to use the camera in the Droid cell phone I already have on me and send them to my computer. And, the truth is, the camera in the Motorola Razr Maxx HD is much more forgiving ............... bad as I hate to admit it.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, to answer the question in your tagline:

I'd be old enough to know better, but still too young to care!

Sidelock
Sidelock

These are images from the thread that Keith referenced. Fluid Steel barrels. Using Sellier & Bellot 1 1/4 oz. at 1215 fps. Proved for 1 1/4 oz. 2 3/4" shells.

another new fangled steel barrel. Used Perazzi MX2000 barrel. 3" 1 3/8 oz. Kent Bismuth shell. MWT at burst .012".

Sidelock
Sidelock

O ye master of Damascus knowledge that only recently got a Damascus barreled gun....no doubt your infactuation with Dasmascus rivals Argo44's for Reiley shoot'guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44
I'll call David tomorrow.

Too bad you weren't here when he still posted here...I recall one post he made showing how he repaired the splintered wrist of a shotgun stock that had been ran over by a Land Rover...I think it was a Boss unbelievable job...not so sure I believed it looking at all the broken pieces.

If I recall right he worked at Purdeys...I suspect his old age let's him talk to you about a pOOr Reiley.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
If it was David, it just might be on 35mm.

There is a picture of David, with his trusty 35, documenting an old gun with MM.

I still shoot film.

Best,
Ted

People have a hard time posting digital pics here. Posting 35 mm photos is going to be even more fun. We may be speculating and guessing for a while...

I still have my Canon AE-1 and an Olympus compact 35 mm camera. Haven't used either in quite some time, but you never know. Vinyl LP's have made a bit of a resurgence, so why not film?

You might want to consider a CLA (clean, lube, adjust)on one or both if you consider keeping them around. It is getting harder to find folks who do that. One of the premiere Canon wrenches, based in California, just retired and moved home to Japan. Had my F1 overhauled before he left. It should run the rest of my life. The premier Konica guy, Greg Weber, is still at it. Not a young guy.

I usually buy a CD with high resolution images when I have a roll of film developed. Easy to post pics anywhere with a 35 doing that. I’ve also used the wife’s printer to scan images, or, simple taken a digital picture of an image to post it.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do we REALLY have to go through this again Frank. And I'm still waiting for your apology for accusing me of being a liar; not very Southern Gentlemanly.

Steel and leather handguard over the thin spot

You'll like this; just past the forcing cone

Been using it regularly for 3 years with 3/4 oz. at 1185 fps handloads, after Col. Byron had put 250 2 1/2” 7/8 oz. Polywad Spred-R shells, 100 2 1/2” 7/8 oz. at 1145 fps. (about 8000 psi) loads, and 2 cases (500 shells) of 2 1/2” RST 3/4 oz. at 1100 fps (4,600 psi per RST) though the barrels. I'll let you know when it blows up.

Deal with your past hurts, anger and hostility Frank; you'll be happier, live longer, and might even find a friend or two.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3019061/

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.