March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (cable, craigd, battle, AZMike, FlyChamps, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 378 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,008
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause

Deal with your past hurts, anger and hostility Frank; you'll be happier and might even find a friend or two.

Well, at least he didnt hit you with the Gurnall.

Hello, Drew, glad you are well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks LR. Had to dig some larvae out of my ankle after returning from my relaxing long weekend in Dec. frown No Malaria or Zika.
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24823922

Was in the middle-of-nowhere and this kid walked up with a KC Royals t-shirt!

Here you go smile

William Gurnall The Christian in Complete Armour
The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, saith Solomon, (Proverbs 16:23); that is, he will not (allow) his tongue to run before his (intellect), but knows what he shall speak before he sends his tongue (and typing fingers) on his errand.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Do we REALLY have to go through this again Frank. And I'm still waiting for your apology for accusing me of being a liar; not very Southern Gentlemanly.

Been using it regularly for 3 years with 3/4 oz. at 1185 fps handloads,

Why you feel the need to throw up the "protection picture" ?

As far as I'm concerned Missionaries are the worst evil to ever set foot on this planet...the natives were right to chop off and shrink their heads.

Back to Damascus....

When you first became infatuated with Damascus you did not own or shoot one...stop trying to make me out a liar.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why do you think that image was for you Frank? But BTW the Gurnall was.

You've proven yourself to be a liar again.
9-5-18
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=521601&page=3
Dr. Drew loves Damascus barreled guns...yes sir re.
He just doesn't own or shoot one.

Present tense Frank. And you are not very good at this.

So please share what emotional gain you derive from your (now pitiful) attempts to hurt, denigrate, and bully others? Does it somehow make your own pain better? Or are you such a sociopath that it is only by hurting others that you can feel any joy?

Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just got off the phone with David. The gun was an 1877 Purdey 12 bore hammer gun with 30" barrels. Hammer's had been replaced with Purdey hammers off an old gun. His best French walnut had gone into restocking it. It was to be rechecked and re-engraved. It had first been owned by a Yorkshire industrialist. The barrels as far as he could tell was in perfect shape, no pitting, no dents.

The left barrel blew 2" from the muzzle. It curled the rib back onto itself. He acknowledge that this would usually be caused by a barrel blockage; he doesn't think it was the wad - modern plastic wads don't stick in the barrel. He's a bit mystified. He has photos and will try to send me some. At the same time he and "Steve" are writing an article about it for "Shooting Sportsman." I used Dr. Drew's name and he recognized the expertise and will send photos later this afternoon.....maybe. (Maine has 12" of snow on the ground at this moment).

He is pondering what to do with the gun. He could cut the barrels back to 28" and be done with it. However, he believes longer barrels shoot best with Damascus. He is in contact with a former Purdey and Holland & Holland barrel maker in UK who makes new Damascus barrels. Bill Blacker. www.billblacker.co.uk. It would cost $4,000 to make a set and he doesn't know which way he'll go.

I'll post photos when/if they arrive. I told him I respected the article he plans to write but there are a lot of us who shoot Damascus and RST and that Dr. Haus has done a lot of analysis of barrel blow-outs. It might be good to have a second opinion.

And Dr. Drew, don't feed the troll. He is no Southern Gentleman; We have a 3 word phrase for people like that down South and it starts with "Poor"... and ends with "Trash."

Last edited by Argo44; 02/08/19 05:07 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did you drop a "1" off the price of new barrels? Last I knew steel barrels were 10,000 GBP from Blacker.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

No...that's what David told me on the phone. I haven't a clue. Perhaps it was a special price for him...or he made an error speaking on the phone...or I misheard "4" for "14." He was awaiting a phone call from Blacker. I mentioned to David that Drew also has done a lot of work on Damascus here, trying to get the photos from him.

Last edited by Argo44; 02/08/19 03:05 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44

And Dr. Drew, don't feed the troll. He is no Southern Gentleman; We have a 3 word phrase for people like that down South and it starts with "Poor" and ends with "Trash."

I guess you didn't get the memo. The preferred moniker is 'Deplorable'. Unbelievable.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44

The left barrel blew 2" from the muzzle. It curled the rib back onto itself. He acknowledge that this would usually be caused by a barrel blockage; he doesn't think it was the wad - modern plastic wads don't stick in the barrel. He's a bit mystified.

To this point, I had a modern plastic wad get lodged in a .719 (tight 12) damascus barrel about halfway down the bore. Fortunately, the guide heard it and I didn't clear it with a subsequent shot.

More info here:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=495392&page=1

Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone that thinks a plastic wad won't get hung in a Damascus barrel either doesn't know chit from chinola...or has just miss spoke or forgotten.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.