March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (12boreman, craigd, Owenjj3, NCTarheel, 2 invisible), 396 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,006
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#539173 02/25/19 05:12 PM
JBG Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anyone have feedback on this dealer based out of VA.

Thanks in advance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good experiences!
Bob Jurewicz

Sidelock
Sidelock

He exhibits at double gun shows, has not been physically assaulted at any of them. He must be OK. I remember chatting with him at the Vintagers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've known him since the Vintagers started up. Nothing but good to say. Toby Barclay leaves consignment for USA guns in his care. 8B, I'm not aware of even any verbal assults ;-}.

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good guy, have bought from him at shows. He’s a gentleman.

Boats

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll start with the fact that Bob is a friend of mine. I've consigned a few guns with him over the years and been well satisfied with the results.

Bob is an honorable and honest man, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his business.

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob is also a friend of mine and I've also consigned several guns with him. The transactions were handled well. I would have no hesitation to buy from him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Outstanding person to do business with.

Mike Proctor
Boxlock
Boxlock

I realize this is an old thread, but I want to just describe my recent experience purchasing from Bob.

I contacted Bob back in October 2019 for what would become a 2-3 month conversation on purchasing a fine vintage double. Of course, since Bob is the U.S. dealer for Toby Barclay's guns (Heritage UK) he has a very nice inventory of fine old doubles. Furthermore, Bob is an enthusiastic owner and user of such guns himself and is always happy to spend time giving advice on how to make the most of them.

As a newcomer to the world of vintage doubles, Bob helped me immensely in narrowing down my choice set and evaluating the relative merits and drawbacks of the different offerings. At no point did I feel Bob was out to make a sale or just gather pure profit. He was perfectly honest about his pricing and where he would be willing to make a deal. He also was honest about what guns he thought would require work or may need to be fitted, vs. which guns would work "out of the box". Above all, he took time to understand my needs and help me figure out what I was looking for in a gun.

I ended up purchasing from him, and then it turned out that when I took the gun out for a round of skeet (Bob offers a standard 3-day inspection but non-firing) the right barrel firing pin broke! It happened outside of the inspection period (and even had it been in the inspection period, would have invalidated it as I fired the gun). Nevertheless Bob immediately told me to send it to his preferred gunsmith (Tim Carrick at Carrick's Custom Guns in NC, also highly recommended) at his own personal expense. Tim was great to work with and made a new firing pin for the gun and it is back in my hands and should provide me with many years of hunting and shooting enjoyment.

Apologies for the long post but I want to just let everyone out there know what a fantastic man Bob Nay is and assure you that whatever you purchase from him, you are getting an excellent gun that you should have no concerns with. Bob is very patient and caring in his responses to any questions and his integrity is above reproach. The man knows quality doubles and you should not hesitate to do business with him. If only all gun dealers were the same...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to know. Thanks.

Best,
Ted

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.