May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
12 members (KDGJ, Borderbill, Hoot4570, 3 invisible), 602 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,541
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
Sidelock
Sidelock

ole john brown was a religious fanatic, who became a homicidal maniac...he was given a fair trial and executed in 1859...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brown_(abolitionist)

federal armies did not invade sovereign states until 1861...

Last edited by ed good; 03/12/19 04:37 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
ole john brown was a religious fanatic, who became a homicidal maniac...he was given a fair trial and executed in 1859...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brown_(abolitionist)

What is it with this Brown clan???

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I am a southerner by birth and a Georgian by the grace of God, but refighting the civil war is silly. We lost and that was best in the long run for all Americans. The only flag I ever saluted was the Stars and Stripes...Geo

About like an illegal being born here and being a US Citizen....Born in the south does not a Southerner make.

That part about being best in the long run is pretty far from the truth....if the South had won we wouldn't be in the turmoil our country is in now.

If Lincoln had lived long enough to deport the slaves as he planned then I'd say he was the greatest President ever.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Browns are sept of clan Lamont.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Browns are sept of clan Lamont.

Small world, King. We are related through marriage. One of my sisters married a feller from Scotland. He's part of your clan. He tried stabbing me one Thanksgiving. In his defense I was riding him pretty hard aboot his skirt. He's weird like you, doesn't drink, smoke or play golf.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Goillini
I'd be curious to know what part of the Constitution you think Lincoln, our greatest President, didn't follow? I suppose you will make some sort of 10th Amendment argument? (I will grant you that his suspension of the writ of habeous corpus during the Civil War was constitutionally suspect).

Let me answer that question with a question, WHAT part of the constitution Did Lincoln follow. I can give you the answer real quick ________. (Them's Blanks).

One of his major unconstitutional was Ordering 75,000 troops to invade the South. He Wiggled around the fact that according to to the constitution only Congress could declare war by declaring a "Police Action" but he did not have constitutional authority even for that.

Few people are aware that "Neither Side" ever declared war.

As to leaving it to History, history was written by the North, who has lied to us for well over 150 years about all the "Facts" of that war.

Miller
Camp Comander, Camp 72, Son's of Confederate Veterans, TN Division, Starnes Brigade.
Proud G-Grandson of two gentlemen who wore the Gray, one in the 45th TN infantry, the other in the Starne/McLemore 4th TN Volunteer Cavalry.

Neither of these men Fought For Slavery, they fought to defend their homes & family from "Foreign Invaders".

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
Neither of these men Fought For Slavery, they fought to defend their homes & family from "Foreign Invaders".

Same with these five of my ancestors, four of whom were brothers.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Militia Act of 1792 gave Lincoln the power to raise troops to put down insurrections. Secession was unconstitutional and there was no legitimate sovereign nation upon which to declare war.

And for those of you who think the war was about states rights, I would encourage you to read the secession statements by the States of Mississippi, Texas and others.

I recognize I will never convince you, just as you will not convince me. So I'm done arguing this one.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too many have drunk the koolaid and believe secession was illegal. There was nothing in the Constitution banning, or making illegal, secession by any state, until 1869. The states that ratified the Constitution would never have done so had there been any wording in it to the effect that a state, once admitted to Union, could never exit it. They had just fought a war against tyranny, and absolute power of a centralized government was too fresh in their minds to have ever agreed to a document that would take the power to secede from a corrupt or overpowering government away from the states. No state would have ever agreed to that when the constitution was ratified. Therefore, it wasn't in there. If it had been, there would have been no reason to put it there in 1869. There was a near secession by New England states over the War of 1812. The North did not want to lose the economic base of the South (cotton and rice) for foreign trade, and used illegal military force to prevent it.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Said Stan.

When Lincoln said "That Government of the People, By the People & For the People Shall Not Perish From the Land" that was the Biggest "LIE" that ever passed through two lips, with the possible exception of when the Serpent told Eve "Thou Shalt Not surely Die"

Lincoln did more than any other President we have ever had to take the Government Away from "The People" & put it in the hands of a despotic Central Government. His so-called Emancipation Proclamation was a total Farce & was nothing but a Military & Political Tactic. M Militarily it was a total Flop, Politically it helped get him re-elected & subsequently Assassinated.

One might assume that all those who think the South had no right to remove themselves from the United States Government are still flying & honoring the Union Jack. Obviously, they are firmly of the opinion that no people have the right to change who Governs them.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.