March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (WBLDon, jake van dyke, MattH, Mills, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 843 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#543047 04/04/19 10:24 PM
rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Has anybody actually owned and used one of these, and if so how well did it perform? Not really interested in general opinions of Weatherby guns or the Weatherby look. I've owned enough to make up my own mind about that. I just specifically want to know what luck people had with Regency's?

I'd wanted a Regency since I was a kid, and picked up one today. It's got 26" barrels (which I still like) so I'll have to keep it forever. But it's got a mechanical trigger that works, with good pulls, a selector that works, ejectors that work, a tight lockup, drop dead gorgeous wood and based only on feel really good dimensions.

However, I've owned plenty of guns that seemed just as good and just didn't pan out in actual shooting.

Roger

rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

And real cut engraving signed by the engraver.

I'm guessing these were made by Zoli?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've owned a 12 gauge Regency with 30 inch barrels for trap shooting for many years. After thousands of rounds being fired there have been ZERO issues. Mine is made by Zoli with hand cut and signed engraving. There are,however, portions of the engraving that appear to be stamped into the receiver. Overall, I am more than happy with mine.

rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks! Looking at the retail prices in period Shooter's Bible's it's easy to see why they weren't more popular. Of all the over & unders cheaper than the Superposed, the Weatherby was the most expensive by $100 at least. That was a lot of money at the time.

Roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

At one time, the Bank of Bolder was the largest "dealer" of Weatherby guns. They were usually well made guns, with a little extra finish, nicer wood or just a slightly magnum cartridge. They were never a price point item. Do not know about the current generation but they ones from a decade or more were all solid guns if their looks appealed to your taste.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They were made by Angelo Zoli, not to be confused with Antonio, who is the other Zoli company. Angelo died, but his sons were unable to keep things going.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to see you, Ken. Hope you are well!

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Ted,

Yeah, I'm finally back to normal. And, I've also cleared my massive backlog of barrels. I'm reducing the number I accept now to reduce the amount of "hang time" when they are waiting for me to work on them.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken61, Im still waiting for a refund for my two barrels you destroyed with your refinishing. Others have contacted me about similar problems. All Im asking for is the $500 I paid you in advance. The other $3,000 I have in the Parker Ill have to write off to my education account. I even had to send them to a gunsmith to hone the bores and put them back on face since the acid and rust was everywhere. What a nightmare! And it only took you nearly three years to do it.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Ken61, Im still waiting for a refund for my two barrels you destroyed with your refinishing. Others have contacted me about similar problems. All Im asking for is the $500 I paid you in advance. The other $3,000 I have in the Parker Ill have to write off to my education account. I even had to send them to a gunsmith to hone the bores and put them back on face since the acid and rust was everywhere. What a nightmare! And it only took you nearly three years to do it.

I also had a set of barrels "refinished" by Ken61, that he took a year to return them in significantly worse condition than when sent to him. I too would gladly accept a refund.

Last edited by Dan S. W.; 04/25/19 08:52 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.