April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wild Skies, 2 invisible), 1,007 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,126
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: George L.

When my friends & I go American Civil War relic hunting (my other passion) & someone finds an ID tag or another relic with an inscription we try to identify the original soldier but seldom have I heard of anyone trying to find his great grand offspring. Words like "STOLEN" "FAKE" etc. just sounds like sour grapes to me.

George L

George L I hope you see the difference in Nash Nuckinghams shotgun and a relic from a casualty of war.

Bo-wup and Nash Buckingham...Untill this thread started I'd never heard of Bo-wup. I had heard of Nash Buckingham the writer/hunter.

If it is Nashs gun it should be in a museum not in some perverts collection.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Utah
[quote=Erik330]
Thanks for the kind words Erik. I'll see if I can get a few more posted this morning.

Lets not bring the for sale section up in this thread.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The issue of the ownership of a gun lost so long is open to debate. The law of "finders" varies from state to state. As most here have posted the rule usually is that if the original owner is known then the property still belongs to them. But, as also noted, there are statutes of limitations and other possible issues.
I agree with the general sentiment here that the gun belongs in a collection/museum but I doubt the present owner would willingly "give" the gun away even if it is the right thing to do. I think all of us know it is rather valuable.
And, who knows the gun's history since that fateful day when Nash and friends probably had a drink or two in the marsh and left the gun when they drove off. The gun may have gone through any number of possessors and/or sales since then.
If the gun is out there, possibly it could be purchased at a fair price and put in a museum. No recriminations necessary. The talk of STOLEN etc. will just drive it further underground.
Just a thought.
Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Utah
Originally Posted By: Erik330
I saw this Super Fox at a shoot in Michigan recently. Nice gun, hope there are some better pictures available because it's pretty nifty.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...=true#Post25914

Thanks for the kind words Erik. I'll see if I can get a few more posted this morning.

New pics posted.
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...ge=0#Post54312]

Last edited by Utah; 08/29/07 11:42 AM.

The target lies within.
Sidelock
Sidelock

So, George L. is claiming to have seen Bo-Whoop (the original) but doesn't know who the owner is? Okey-dokey.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It may have been on consignment at the local used gun emporium. Give him a break. Oh, he is the local used gun emporium!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Raimey: That was not directed at you but was a reply to John Mann

Best, George L

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bill: I wish I did own it. I know exactly what I would do with it.

Best Regards, George L

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

ellenbr, both of my Philly Foxes(AE & Sterlingworth) have seen the insides of a reed & willow blind - and on occasion, a mallard for my Labs to fetch.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark me down on the side of those who use Foxes for duck hunting. According to which way the cat throws his tail I will use either my A grade Philly 32" three incher or my HE. Both with bismuth.

George, still don't know the stock configuration of the restock. You say it is like the original. Then, that would be straight gripped. Col. H. P. Sheldon, who handled the gun personally wrote that it also had Nash's name and address ENGRAVED on it. If the gun you saw had been so engraved it would seem you would have mentioned it. Maybe an oversight on your part, but I would think that to be worthy of mention. Count me a skeptic until more proof comes forth. Not questioning you personally, George, just the gun.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.