April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (LeFusil, Roundsworth, ChiefC, Southern Sport, LGF, SKB), 893 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,819
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
...The welders did it...Geo

For punishment the union is going to send that crew over to a project at the Louvre.

That’s one tough day at work...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
You must be referring to the progressives who said the 9/11 killers entered the US from Canada, James. Or the progressives who said there were WMDs.

Hahaha! Touché King.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

French news on tonight. The CEO of the company in charge of renovations said there were no workmen present at the time the fire started, no welding going on that day, no torches used that day, no use of electrical devices. The Electricity was turned off. One commentary said, "Everything points to a deliberate act." The official line is, "it's still under investigation but it looks like an industrial accident."

Last edited by Argo44; 04/16/19 07:05 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Courtesy of BBC:

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

The book "Pillars of the earth" has a cathedral fire that is deliberately set in the roof framing timbers. I remember the writing as realistic and riveting. The renovation work would make areas of the cathedral easily accessible that otherwise would not be. Arson investigators are good at what they do, and accelerants are hard to hide. With the huge Muslim population in France, it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to see the possibilities.

I was suspicious when the authorities announced it was "accidental" while the firemen were still battling the blaze.

Early reports said the rose window had exploded and was lost. That was the most grievous to me, as the technique used to produce that exquisite stained glass has been lost, and they would not be able to exactly replace the windows. Later reports seem to indicate they have survived. I believe the windows were removed and crated off to safe places during the German shelling of Paris. They truly are irreplaceable, and a wonder to behold standing on that stone floor.

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: King Brown
You must be referring to the progressives who said the 9/11 killers entered the US from Canada, James. Or the progressives who said there were WMDs.

Hahaha! Touché King.

King, thank you for reminding us that we are all just one big, happy, misunderstood family.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I doubt that there were any welders working their skilled trade in an 800 year old building that caused the fire at Notre Dame in Paris-- carpenters, brick masons, etc- yes-- So, my Georgia based gent'man, perhaps you'd care to rephrase that bold statement that casts aspersions on the trade that has its origins in blacksmithing-- Look at ll the recent terrorist acts that have occurred in France since 9/11 in NYC-- draw your own conclusions George, but don't blame skilled tradesmen that clearly were NOT involved in this tragic incident in The City of Lights--

Now, to "lighten the load here"- Just heard that the valuable church organ was removed to safety- Saints be praised for that- so, let me segue into a Church organ based joke--yes, that's right, gents-- there is such a joke-

The Church choir director was preparing the choir for the Easter Oratorio-- and his organist, Miss Smithers, was most diligent in her practice every evening leading up to that big event. But a sudden death in his family called him away for part of that week- he gave his keys to Miss Smithers so that she could continue to practice each evening-

When he returned, he went to the Church after dinner and saw her car parked in the lot, and could hear her practicing Handel's musical score as the entered. As he approached the organ in the loft, he saw a blue package on the top corner of the keyboard- he was a bit shocked to see it was a Trojan condom- especially shocked as Miss Smithers was a life-long spinster.

"Well now", he said to her-- "I see you have been busy practicing the Handel music while I was called away- sounds just right!"

"Oh, thank you ever so much", she replied. "But Miss Smithers, can you shed any light on how this blue package came to be placed on the organ?"--"Oh, my stars- yes I can, Mr. Epperson" she replied-- "Just the other night as I was walking up to unlock the door, I saw this on the pavement, and I picked it up and brought it inside with me--

Well, it read: 'To prevent spread of disease, place carefully on organ'! "Well, you know how often I get head colds in the Spring-- but ever since I put it there, I haven't even had a sniffle!""

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

". With the huge Muslim population in France, it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to see the possibilities."

I guess you consider 6% of the population huge. Ever been there?

Last edited by dal; 04/16/19 09:04 PM.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder how you so easily overlook the "yellow vests" that have been marching, rioting, protesting, not to mention all the jilted boyfriends and girlfriends and grumpy, recently fired, laborers, not to mention the fairly large (I think) population of smokers of horrible French cigarettes. And so on.

No end of people to blame. Could be just a pile of oil rags in corner. Time bomb waiting to go off. Never happened to a gunsmith after all.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.