April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (ClapperZapper, bushveld, jake van dyke, j7l2), 464 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,067
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2-piper #545846 05/13/19 04:54 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks again, Miller. I'm conflicted seriously on observing the Sabbath and my country's complicity in invading other countries, changing their governance, if their policies are inimical to our national interests.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, I do not respect the opinion of a foreigner who constantly disparages our Constitution, and especially one who has the gall to disparage our 2nd Amendment here on a gun enthusiasts forum.

I certainly do not respect the opinion of a deceptive fraud like you who first edits out parts of Ed's anti-gun rhetoric to defend it, and then, when busted in that deception, returns with an extremely tortured interpretation of his words.

Ed's words... his anti-gun rhetoric is clear... as is yours:

Originally Posted By: King Brown

The Court in 2008 District of Columbia v. Heller changed the 200-year-old narrowly interpreted Second from serving in the militia to an individual right. Do you favour democratic processes over justice of stacked courts?

Why I ask, as I mentioned earlier, is that there is no political will to change regulations; Obama talked about it but did nothing. What party would commit suicide by taking away what a majority considers a sacred right?

Look there King... two short statements... two big fat lies. I've posted long lists of quotes and writings of the Framers that demonstrated the Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms was their Original Intent of the 2nd, and the Supreme Court majority used the same well documented words... which you continue to deny. And to say Obama did nothing when he himself considers his inability to pass his anti-gun legislation as his greatest political defeat is further evidence of how deceptive and dishonest you are.

It is hard to expound upon what Miller said concerning the Constitution and the Amendment process. Unfortunately, his words were wasted on someone as dishonest as you. You persist in the notion that the Constitution is some "living document" which can be easily changed by the whims of the electorate and by activist Liberal Left Judges. Affirmation of the Original Intent of the Framers concerning the 2nd was made in both 2008 and 2010 in the Heller and McDonald decisions. But you have persisted in propagating the lie that there was some recent change to the 2nd that was foisted upon the public by Atty. Gen. John Ashcroft and the NRA.

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

You want us to respect your opinion when you repeatedly lie to us???

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

King Brown #545858 05/13/19 06:13 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very much on federal government's horizon is banning handguns, craig. It's taken the temperature of cities and regions across the country.

I follow the Mountie's liberal interpretation of the rules when I registered mine 65 years ago: if you're going to shoot make sure no one can see you or hear it.

No yin and yang to it.

Ah, that's how you do it. Instead of out of sight out of mind, if you're far enough away to not hear the misery created by progressives, then it doesn't happen, eh? Durn, and I always thought it was blinders.

Well, some traditions live. Seems the ruling class still brandishes the ole bend over style of thermometer, eh?

keith #545861 05/13/19 06:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
....It is hard to expound upon what Miller said concerning the Constitution and the Amendment process. Unfortunately, his words were wasted on someone as dishonest as you. You persist in the notion that the Constitution is some "living document" which can be easily changed by the whims of the electorate and by activist Liberal Left Judges....

....You want us to respect your opinion....

Don't forget, some think decorum means a compromise could be struck, regardless. Even though, if possible, a vote would be cast in an anational kamala or tlaib sort of way.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks guys. Very nice derailing.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent, yes it is. Wish this site was used as it implied, Double Guns.

David

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Nothing implied. It is plainly stated to be a forum about guns and to discussion to be conducted with a modicum of decorum. I'm calling bulllshit on that. I regret sending Dave my money a couple weeks ago. He pretty much falls on his face in keeping up his end of the bargain.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
I regret sending Dave my money a couple weeks ago. He pretty much falls on his face in keeping up his end of the bargain.

Maybe you should drop your tagline, then. ( .paid 4 May 2019) Here's a thought ..............why don't you ask him to refund it? blush

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Actually, I have asked for a refund in no uncertain terms, but he is not man enough to honor it, of course.

And yes, I will be changing my tag line soon. Just haven't gotten around to it.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wouldn't "honor" it either. It's just payment for past services rendered.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.