May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (doublenut, mlaird37, Jimmy W, ithaca1, Der Ami, 1 invisible), 1,142 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,514
Posts545,670
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
SKB #545597 05/09/19 06:08 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
From what I have read the rifles are very poorly regulated.

That kind of bursts my bubble but, saves my $.

Last edited by RyanF; 05/09/19 06:08 PM.
JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 20ga Lightning model, 26" IC and M, 1964. Ive taken grouse, woodcock and a few wood ducks with Bismuth ammo. Not to mention countless liberated quail and several wild birds one magical day years ago. It stays in the safe in the off season, emerging in August for a few rounds of clays. It belonged to the man that taught me about things like grouse habitat, ethics and respect for game, and authors like Aldo Leopold, Farley Mowatt and Sigurd Olson. It is in my care now and priceless.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Farley lived down the street from me until he died a few years ago. I used to bump into him regularly walking our dogs. And years ago we used to attend the same parties where he would delight in offending sensibilities by doing things like pissing on the rose bushes in the middle of the party.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Farley lived down the street from me until he died a few years ago. I used to bump into him regularly walking our dogs. And years ago we used to attend the same parties where he would delight in offending sensibilities by doing things like pissing on the rose bushes in the middle of the party.
Ha! Thats also priceless! Something Hemingway would do!

Last edited by JHJ; 05/10/19 04:45 PM.
JHJ #545652 05/10/19 05:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

And his pal F. Scott Fitzgerald--both raging alcoholics, and when "in their cups" their behavior was erratic, to say the least. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a friend from SC who was very successful in real estate and development of it. He was cut from the same cloth, James. He, Billy, was attending a supper party at some friends' home one evening and the menfolk were standing outside on the porch having beverages. The lady of the house had a cat who kept rubbing against my friend's leg. He shooed the cat away several times, but to no avail. Next time the cat attempted a "rub" he reached down and grabbed it, wrung it's neck, and duly tossed it into the shrubbery.

A man after my own heart.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan, that's a hilarious story, much as I like cats.

I sure didn't mean to imply I was perturbed by Farley's behavior. I loved seeing these "elites" aghast and so did Farley.

Scandalous!!! Hahahahaha!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
I had a friend from SC who was very successful in real estate and development of it... Billy...reached down and grabbed it, wrung it's neck, and duly tossed it into the shrubbery.

SRH

Do that to my wife’s cat and the next piece of real estate Billy would be developing would be 2 1/2’ x 8’ x 6’ in the local cemetery. That’s psycho shyte.

Ya’ll go to some weird arse dinner parties.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Stan
I had a friend from SC who was very successful in real estate and development of it... Billy...reached down and grabbed it, wrung it's neck, and duly tossed it into the shrubbery.

SRH

Do that to my wife’s cat and the next piece of real estate Billy would be developing would be 2 1/2’ x 8’ x 6’ in the local cemetery. That’s psycho shyte.

Ya’ll go to some weird arse dinner parties.

Have to agree with you lonesome. At the very least, it would be costing you thousands of dollars, and that's not counting medical bills and lawyer's fees. Wanton destruction of someone personal property ON their property -not gonna fly anywhere I've ever lived.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wouldn't have done it either, I do respect other's personal property.

But, I hold cats in the same general level of esteem.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.