March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Tim in PA, steve voss, GSPWillie, Ted Schefelbein), 868 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had rotator cuff surgery last year May, I had a full tear. I started shooting this month with a 20 ga. S & S using the Evoshield shirt with their moulded pad. I'm impressed. The recoil while there, is spread over a larger area. Better than a Past.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Y'all sound like a wore out bunch of ol' men. laugh

Hope I live long enough to get there. wink

There must be lots of people who like the EvoShield, because they've been selling them at least since 2003, but I'm not one of them. I bought one to take to Argentina that year, thinking it would be good for high volume. I tried it the first day, and after a few minutes took the thing out of the shirt and never used it again. It just feels too unnatural to me to have something thick between the gun butt and me. If I ever get to where I need recoil reduction all the time due to shoulder issues I will fit GraCoils to my guns. I've shot one of them on my Perazzi for close to 15 years now, I guess. It looks like death eating a cracker, but does the job admirably, and with no unnatural feel like a pad in your shirt. The buttstock was given to me to replace the high, Monte Carlo one that was originally on the gun, and it had the GraCoil already on it. JMO,YMMV.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree 100% about the Gracoil unit. Even though my old Rem 1100 with a ported barrel, long forcing cone, and a Kickeze pad certainly recoils less than my Browning 525 clays gun, the Browning has a Graycoil unit on it, the second gun I have had with one. The Browning transmits more rearward thrust to my shoulder than my Rem 1100, but I still enjoy it better and shoot higher scores with it than with the 1100. It's a different feel to the recoil, but even with the arthritic inflammation in the rotator cuff and the bone spur in my shoulder, I shoot it better and have less discomfort than with the 1100, which everybody else says is much lighter recoiling to them. Have to agree with Stan on this one.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

"I have rotator cuff and arthritic shoulder and just finished shooting my 125000 regestered target. A friend had me bend at the waist and let my right arm go staight down with a 10 pound weight. I then do 25 six inch circles right and left. Then I make 30 inch circles left and rightto a count of 25 . Within a week I was back shooting. A year later I still do the circles and it's not uncommon to shoot 200 target on a Saturday. NO pain.

bill"...

tried bill's exercise, using a gallon jug of water for weight...

shoulder feels better already...thanks, bill...

maybe i dont have to go to a bareter gas gun after all...

ugly, clunky thangs that they are...

an watts up wid dat sky blue receiver, any hows...

Last edited by ed good; 05/25/19 04:49 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yssiree- wore out old men. Like a spin on the great movie "No Country For Old Men" Tommy Lee Jones at his bestus- yestus-Festus

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Low recoil only thing better than a Beretta 12 G A400 is a 20 G A400. The blue frame target model is heavier than the brown field guns. A400 will handle low recoil shells too. I load 3/4 oz 20s keeping some 7/8 on hand for longer targets. The A400 will cycle either one.

Have not gone to the A400 20 yet, shooting 20 G barrels on my 12 687. Friend has the A400/20 lets me shoot it and I want one.

My SXS 20s both light field guns cannot be considered low recoil even with RST shells. Gun weight 6 lbs 10oz recoil hard to overcome with clay adequate loads. Not a problem 50 round courses dont want to shoot several 200 target days with them. Load some very low recoil 20s for my 11 year old Grandson, Break close Clays fine get past Skeet distances they run out for gas.

Top competition shooters aside, most clay shooters on average courses will shoot higher scores with a light recoil gun. Someone with chronic arthritis will defiantly shoot better low recoil.

Boats

Last edited by Boats; 05/27/19 09:03 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, here's a nice target revolver that I recommend to all of my anti-gun friends:

If we don't hear from you, we'll assume it worked out great!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gee keet, you are too kind...

but den, if ah was to rig up sum kinda swivelin mirror and ah motion sensing strobe lite to hit...den i would no when you was sneakin up on me from behind...

why the strobe lite you ax...well we awl knows dat buggers like you only comes out at nite...

Last edited by ed good; 05/27/19 06:42 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.