April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Vol423, fab500), 363 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,474
Posts545,168
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hal
Had an old co-worker named Howard Thornesberry from Missouri. He said he once saw an old railroad track there that used black walnut for ties! He gave me a .36 Colt Skin for my cartridge collection.

When I was in college, I had a summer job working for PennDOT. At the time, PennDOT was building several new Roadside Rests along the Interstates, and they gave a few of us the job of assembling picnic tables for the Roadside Rests. These heavy tables were all pre-cut and pre-drilled by convicts in the State Prison System, and most of the wood was Red Oak. But I noticed an occasional Black Walnut board, and had an appreciation for Walnut even then. I put aside Black Walnut pieces until I had enough to assemble a picnic table built completely out of Walnut. I spent extra time sanding it, and we had Spar Varnish to finish them. That was the most beautiful picnic table I ever saw.

Incidentally, this PennDOT job was a political patronage job that was given to me because my Mom was a local Democrat Committee-Woman, and I had to register to vote Democrat to get the job. At the time, several of my bosses there were under indictment for Bribery, Macing, Extortion, and Grand Theft. They were subsequently found guilty and sent to prison... where they may have been employed cutting out picnic tables or making License Plates.

The widespread graft and political corruption by the Democrats in my County shocked me. I realized that I never would have even been hired for this good paying job if I hadn't registered Democrat. I went back to the Court House and changed my voter registration to No Party Affiliation. I hope rocky mtn bill enjoyed this story of corrupt Democrats in action. They are so much more than simply anti-gun!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith it is not just Pennsylvania where that went on. Just south of there is Maryland. The stories I could tell you about nepotism, corruption and kickbacks would make you laugh or shake your head.

My father was offered the chance to fill out a term for Congress because the elected, serving, congressman was going to prison. Seems the "moron" decided to not accept cash gifts, so he had people mail checks to his office, like they were campaign contributions. He then cashed these and pocketed the money. Wire and mail fraud is what he copped a plea to.

My father had been a delegate to the 1960 Democratic convention. He hated Bobby Baker, who was Lyndon Johnson close buddy, a very shady person to say the least. When JFK put LBJ on on the ticket my father decided to change parties after the election. When the Governor offered him the job, as congressman, my father told him he was a registered Republican, to which the Governor replied we can erase that, as if it never happened and he could deny that it did. My father told him he would change back, but would not lie about it if asked. To which the Governor replied "Irving, you will never go far in politics if you insist on telling the truth". So my father told him to find another person and said he never regretted it a single day for the rest of his life, more than 50 years. I remember sitting in the room when my father passed up the job like yesterday. Where has time gone?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

These are certainly shocking examples of deep political corruption. Imagine patronage! Ronald Reagan holds the current record for the most investigations, indictments,and convictions of his staff ( 138). That record will soon be broken by our hero in the WH. But what the hell? These guys are Republicans. We don't hold them to the same standards.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whew, it's a good thing you're tollerant and inclusive of a bit higher standards for guns and rifles, eh Bill?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craid, I do have high standards for guns and rifles. I can't bear Mossbergs or AR 15s.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 06/24/19 11:00 AM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....I can't bear Mossbergs or AR 15s.

Go figure. I can't say I've had the pleasure of owning either, but hopefully their owners aren't pre judged, eh Bill. Only in America, so far, do you have the right to bear them if you change your mind. How come you think your standards are better?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, the person who can only afford a Mossberg has just as much right to Keep and Bear Arms as the person who can afford a room full of K-80s. Dont be an elitist. It makes you sound narrow minded.

I dont care if you dont like the President, he is the President. Maryland has a lot of special favors and outright corruption, because it is a one party state. Any state which is dominated by one party, either party, becomes corrupt because they know they will never lose power and have a clear examination of their actions and books. After all why would one party want to ruins its reputation by indictments of their own former elected officials. So one hand washes the other hand, even if its with somebodys elses money.

What is the real difference between a .22 semi automatic, which hold 10-15 rounds and a AR 15 clone? If you are unarmed, the only difference is caliber. And at real close range even a lowly .22 can be deadly. For close quarters a shotgun loaded with large shot would be even more devestaing than a semi auto handgun or AR15. Want to duel with 12 bores at 15-20? This selective right to a freedom is dangerous. Its like Free Speech, as long as its PC speech. Who gets to decide that?

Last edited by KY Jon; 06/24/19 12:13 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have no opinion whatsoever about people who own these guns. I just don't happen to like the guns themselves, especially the assault-style ones. Events have made them scary to the general public and tarnished the image of all gun owners. I'm not saying this makes sense; it just happens to be the situation. If they didn't dominate the current gun scene, we'd project a less threatening image to the rest of the country. KY Jon, yes he is, and as long as he remains there, the country is in serious jeopardy. He gives the loose cannon a whole new definition.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....If they didn't dominate the current gun scene, we'd project a less threatening image to the rest of the country. KY Jon, yes he is, and as long as he remains there, the country is in serious jeopardy. He gives the loose cannon a whole new definition.

If 'they' didn't dominate, 'we' would project the image of a doormat. Doormat is a synonym for living and breathing document, right Bill? Maybe, the image you'd insist on projecting is that of an old white drunk saying take your favorite double barrel and fire a couple rounds off in the air? Just your plain ole run of the mill loose canon, or is he a hands on type of toxic male?

Always interesting conversation Bill. I for one hope that I have a beater mossberg for sale when you have a few bucks burning a hole in your pocket and one of your lapses in standards flipped on.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craig, I'd be tempted to buy a Mossberg from you just to make you feel good. The old NRA lie that any concession would lead overnight to total confiscation and a return to the Dark Ages is just what it is , a lie. The regulations on Class III weapons shows that regulation of some types of firearms works. Trump is toxic, no doubt, but the less he put shis tiny hands on the wheel, the better off we all are.

Bill Ferguson
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.