April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (ithaca1, SKB, Roundsworth), 351 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,093
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, Stan, that's exactly what it's about. I hope to do this kind of stuff until I shuffle off this mortal coil. But if I ever get so I can't physically handle it anymore, my hope is that at least my son will remember all the good times spent outdoors together and say "hey Dad, remember that trip we took to Argentina? That was really great."

Last edited by Goillini; 06/21/19 11:57 AM. Reason: Deleting stray word

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

gotta be better reasons to go to argentiner, besides killin bushels o song birds...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
gotta be better reasons to go to argentiner, besides killin bushels o song birds...

The wine is pretty fine and the scenery and stag hunting is too.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HolyjOe
Everyone I know that has gone said no one eats them...
Go back to hunt dreaming no one was talking yo you.

The two of you should get your sh!t together.
Doves are pests that consume something like a third
of all cultivated grains in South America.

People are starving on account of South American doves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Ed, on one of the trips we also shot quite a few ducks and perdiz. So I agree, there are lots of good reasons to go to Argentina.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Some beautiful women in Buenos Aires, couldn't help noticing...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

wine an womens...now dat souns inter restin...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Cash

Originally Posted By: HolyjOe
Everyone I know that has gone said no one eats them...
Go back to hunt dreaming no one was talking yo you.

The two of you should get your sh!t together.
Doves are pests that consume something like a third
of all cultivated grains in South America.

People are starving on account of South American doves.

Consider the source(s), Bob.

Before doves became an income producer for farmers there the doves were being killed with poisoned grain. Then scavenging predators ate the dead doves and were poisoned, too. The income from worldwide hunters coming to stay and shoot doves helps offset the crop losses from the doves. To say they are in plague numbers is not a stretch. There is one 1600 acre roost of which I am aware that roosts up to 25 million doves at one time. They raise five broods a year.

Some of the birds are picked up after the shoot and fed to the hunters. We had a couple of dove dishes which I very much enjoyed. Most of the birds are left there, and every one is consumed during the night. We once shot the same field in the morning that we had shot the afternoon before. There was not one dove remaining, nothing but little wads of feathers. There are numerous species of wild cats there, from the size of a housecoat to a panther. There are more kinds of hawks and eagles than you can imagine. They start appearing in the field as soon as you begin shooting, and begin eating the dead doves. Iguanas eat them, too. I couldn't begin to name all the predators that consume the dead doves. Nothing goes to waste in nature. I have no qualms about killing a thousand a day. It's a win/win deal.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

At a small diner in central Cordoba Provence we had a tasty evening meal, fresh bread, wine and an interesting stew. I asked what the flavorful meat was--viscacha was the answer. In the early dawn we were headed out for some perdiz hunting, I saw what looked giant gophers in and out of some burrows, I asked what they were, you are right....vischaca! Tastiest rodent I have ever had! Also saw weis-or guinea pigs in the wild, just a glimpse is all you see. Lots of neat stuff to see.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Clapper Zapper, you must not get out much if you think shooters who start with Berettas and Brownings don't stick with them. I have shot Perazzis, Purdeys, Krieghoffs, you name it, in competition, but I have not given up my Berettas and Brownings yet, and at 73, I don't plan to.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.