March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (NZHunter, SKB), 296 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Two-piper, I consider myself a total non-alcoholic as well, but I do enjoy a good sip of whisky from time to time...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
OK- I believe you-- but how does that square with the movie line said by Al Pacino in "Scent of a Woman"--?? He referred to Jasper (Jack) Daniels as John Daniels-- And the lineage of the man's name Jack- comes from John-- as with the late JFK--exceptions exist- I have a neighbor named John Hoff-- he prefers John to Jack when he is being addressed- go figure that!! RWTF

Lt. Col. Frank Slade:
Clear them little bottles off. And when I get off the phone here, call up Hyman and tell him I want it wall to wall with John Daniels.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Buffalo Trace anyone?

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rebel Yell used to be a Stitzel-Weller brand back in the old days.

It is owned by Luxco now, and until recently was contract made by Heaven Hill. Luxco has apparently opened a production facility of their own.

The Van Winkle brand is contract made by Buffalo Trace.

Many brands have changed owners and/or changed quality for better or worse over the years.

I've not bought any Jack Daniels since they started watering it, and the last bottle of Rebel Yell I had was pretty poor.

I'm far from a Bourbon snob, but there is simply too much good whiskey being made now to fool with the ones that have been cheapened to increase profits.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
OK- I believe you-- but how does that square with the movie line said by Al Pacino in "Scent of a Woman"--?? He referred to Jasper (Jack) Daniels as John Daniels-- ......

They are movies....works of fiction. I sure hope you don't depend on movies for your facts in life.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A rumor was around that Bob Dylan was behind a new brand of Bourbon-- rumored to retail at $60 a fifth- named: "Heaven's Door"-- but I have yet to see any of that on the shelves-anyone care to comment--Ya, real gud, dere- Fargo??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't know about bourbon. My Kentucky friends bring a delight called Woodford Reserve, Distiller's Select. Gave up hard stuff 50 years ago but it's the only liquor I treat myself to a sip over a cube, widely spaced to make it extra special. I don't know if the devil's driving me to it or someone who knows better; I prefer to think the latter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Woodford is very high on my list of personal favorites, KB.

It's pot stilled in the style of Scotch, which is fairly unusual for Bourbon.

It's distilled to a high proof, then diluted to the mandatory barreling proof and aged in heavily charred white oak.

It tastes like cashews to me.

My all time favorite is a Jim Beam product called Baker's.

It's made with their high rye mash and aged in the hot spots of the rickhouses to pick up additional barrel flavor. It's a 107 proof super premium Bourbon well worth seeking out if you like big flavor.

A moment of silence please... apparently Beam has a rickhouse fire going as I type.... it happens, this is unfortunately a hazard of the industry. Wood buildings filled with an evaporating flammable solvent - what could go wrong.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Woodford Reserve is good stuff. I am also a fan of Knob Creek, which is another of the Beam small batch bourbons.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What- you mean that Fort Sill and Fort Waaa-choo-Gah do not exist-Balderdash- that was a great movie--and like the Godfather, based on real life- Citizen Kane material- perhaps not, buit based on realities of today's world--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.