May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Themauserkid, 3 invisible), 270 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,021
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I'm at the top of my craft and apply myself where I have most influence in the public interest, which is what people would do if they saw clearly, thought rationally and acted disinterestedly....

Now, I feel safe. I long to be Canadian, so that my will would be your will. Any luck with comp. hunting license?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I live in GA which is a pretty gun friendly state. I spent last week in Boston having meetings with the OCC (federal bank examiners) office there.

I intended to take my concealed carry pistol along for company, but nixed that when I checked their gun laws. Well, I thought, I'll carry a useful knife. Nope, Boston has a rule banning assisted openers or any knife for that matter with a blade over 2.5 inches.

My wife and I never had a bit of trouble, and I had never expected any. Nevertheless, I would not care to live under those restrictions to my basic right to self protection.

That's my concern with both President Trump appearing to waver on the gun control issue and also with whatever the internal problems are at the NRA. The NRA is our last best hope, but their credibility seems to be in issue now and it will not improve as long as the issues remain forbidden information...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I normally don't respond to threads, but rather listen and hope I can learn something. But, this one is a real threat to alll gun owners.

As a lifetime member of the NRA , their latest troubles concern me greatly. And too the words of President Trump and congress. I have disagreed with all the above many times. But, at this time we need the NRA more than ever and I will not waiver my support of them at this critical time.
We can work out the problems later or change ships, but not now.

Yes, I know there are other pro 2nd amendment groups out there and I urge any one that supports them to continue doing so, but numbers count and right now the NRA runs the ball.

Swallow the bad taste any go with your strongest group, while we still have time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tut
Beats the hell out of me, but things are out of control. Local County Fair next week in Virginia. Wife told me she didn't want to go because she was afraid some nut with an Assault Rifle might shoot the place up because its a soft target. The fear is real folks.

PS. I had my niece who did home schooling after Newtown. This is Virginia, not exactly a liberal state for sure. Folks are damn well concerned.

I have to wonder if Mrs.tut is afraid to go to Home Depot too???

She should be afraid, since more people are killed annually with hammers than AR-15's and all other rifles combined.

And Ted correctly noted that she is much more likely to get killed or injured on any highway where some teenager is busy texting or playing a game on a cell phone.

And how about going to a Hospital??? Talk about deadly dangerous.

It sounds as if Mrs. tut has been watching entirely too much CNN, and has been drinking the anti-gun Liberal Democrat Kool-Aid.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Willieb

...As a lifetime member of the NRA , their latest troubles concern me greatly. And too the words of President Trump and congress. I have disagreed with all the above many times. But, at this time we need the NRA more than ever and I will not waiver my support of them at this critical time.
We can work out the problems later or change ships, but not now.

Yes, I know there are other pro 2nd amendment groups out there and I urge any one that supports them to continue doing so, but numbers count and right now the NRA runs the ball....

Willieb is talking like an intelligent gun owner, while Geo is still advancing his apparent agenda to bash Trump prematurely and to carry the ball for anti-gunners by questioning the integrity of the NRA... the organization that has done more to preserve the 2nd Amendment than any other.

I wonder if Geo and his anti-gun pal King noticed the typical flash of brilliance exhibited by Trump on Monday. He is calling for the Death Penalty for mass shooters. Trump knows that anti-gun Democrats would rather preserve the lives of convicted murderers than those of innocent unborn babies. He knows many won't vote for any gun legislation that includes the Death Penalty for mass murderers. If smart Republicans attach funding for a Border Wall to any legislation, it will die a very fast death.

Anti-gun Liberal Democrats are already criticizing this proposal by Trump. When you call, write, and email your legislators and the White House... be sure to mention that we need to concentrate efforts on things like the Death Penalty, SSRI anti-depressants, and mental health. And anti-gun Democrats will howl like babies if any proposal for Background Checks does not include recording the make, model, and serial number of the gun being purchased. We need to expose their true agenda... an illegal back-door registry, and a push down the slippery slope toward firearm bans.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's no shame to be afraid. I've been afraid I wouldn't be the person I want to be most of my life. I prefer to think of it as having a good instinct for safety---check, double-check, ask yourself Who am I?

We all know who you are King. You are the official anti-2nd Amendment Troll of DoubleGunShop forums. There are others who support those who continually infringe upon the Gun Rights of law abiding citizens. But none as prolific as you. It will be your legacy here.

And we also know what you are afraid of. Your biggest fear is telling the truth. That's why you won't go near my questions about why you thought I was cheating Dave Weber and doing free advertising for NRA-PVF and the Republican Party with my previous tag-lines. Yet you won't comment whether you think your buddy SKB Stevie is cheating Dave with his continual advertising of his business in his tag-line, or his frequent selling of his gunsmithing or gun importation services here, rather than in the For Sale forum.

Stevie is obviously terrified to address this perfectly valid question too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

His legacy? Soon,maybe???

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

"We all know"---c'mon.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think there's sort of a complimentary for non-residents accompanied by a resident. I've "guided" non-residents in the past.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think there's sort of a complimentary for non-residents accompanied by a resident. I've "guided" non-residents in the past.

As a resident of the world, I am offended. Open you borders, does it always have to be about us and them? Sure you will guide my morality, but.... Ah oops, you’re talking about hunting, eh?

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.