May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (ClapperZapper, Jimmy W, Argo44, 3 invisible), 234 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,023
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Our President is an opportunist. He has no guiding principles. He has no interest in gun rights. If he can gain one more vote by confiscating your Purdey, he'll do it. As for the chance of the USA going the way of Australia, we're more likely to be wiped out by an astroid. Keep sending your money to the NRA. Wayne has lots more stuff to buy.

Uh huh. Say, since Barrack knew he would be coming out of the White House a freshly minted millionaire, do you think he should have considered donating his presidential salary for the entire 8 years, just like Trump? The optics leave a bit to be desired. How bout when they discovered that the typical Girl Scout had donated more than Creepy Uncle Joe had, and shamed him into letting the moths out of his billfold?

My opportunist told you what he was going to do, and did it. Your opportunist hired people to write lies about it, then, lied about it, and expected everyone to be happy with it.

Mine is better.

Best,
Ted

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: cadet
Originally Posted By: PALUNC
I see Australia in our future.

For all it's/our faults, one of the best places on the planet to live, and some of the best people to share it with. And even with the firearms controls we have, I'd rather be here than just about any other place. But it's apples with oranges stuff.

We all get that you like where you live, What we dont get is the whole bow to the queen thing, and why you dont have an NRA. Or, a bill of rights, that spells out what your government can and cant do to you.

I like it here.

Best,
Ted

We are unique here Ted, the only former colony that fought Britain for our freedom. The Common wealth does not have single member who has rights spelled out like we do. It is not a mystery to me, a different country with a different culture and different laws. I am glad I live here but have enjoyed visiting both Australia and New Zealand. Great folks and wonderful Countries. Why would you expect another Country to have our norms? Best regards,
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, have you ever watched Americans fawn over a Kennedy? Its the same thing. You have your Jackies and we have Liz. Ill happily take Liz.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, bone-up on the British Commonwealth, 50-plus countries, some with their own monarchs. ANZACS, Australia and New Zealand, buttle to no one, their tough, disciplined military always welcomed by American forces in combat, as are our own. The queen's role is symbolic, mostly ceremonial. Citizens make policy for how they want to be governed.

When the UN-US line crumbled in Korea, the Commonwealth held, honoured with US Presidential citation. Canada took on British prime minister Thatcher for not joining sanctions against South Africa's apartheid government; Mandela's first call of thanks his first day of freedom was to Canada, senior member of the Commonwealth.

Our parliamentary systems wouldn't confer on US citizens their current yo-yo dysfunction, abandoning traditional interests for partisan advantage, loss of trust among its world partners. Loss of confidence in ruling parties in Houses of Commons would result in a call for a new government.

I admire Queen Elizabeth for the way she's doing her job. I was a barely-20 night editor for The Canadian Press when the king died, and covered the young queen and her insufferable royal consort on her first tour of Canada. Other than that, I respect a few members of the royal family for traditionally not shirking combat duties, but no time for monarchy.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here. So does anyone have the backstory on the NRA dustup? Coup attempt by Ollie, Chris [censored], greedy board members, or an attempt to clean up a bad situation in a good organization?...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Coup attempt by Ollie, Chris [censored]...Geo

Thats funny. Thanks, jOe.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Ted, bone-up on the British Commonwealth, 50-plus countries, some with their own monarchs. ANZACS, Australia and New Zealand, buttle to no one. .

A little arse kissin doesnt hurt though I guess.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/20/world/australia/australia-china.html

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo, nothing solid only hearsay from my American friends spending summers here. Size of salary was a big part of it. (Like my own turn-off of the Clintons' piling it up: commoners would consider a fortune for a 20-minute speech.) I'm taking some proprietorship here because I wrote twice to LaPierre---possibly the first copied on our forum---and briefed our MP, justice and defence minister, for his meeting with McCain. Our MP was big help in ridding us of the long-gun registry. (Ollie North interesting in that he tried to set up a parallel government under Reagan.)

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'll have to say my determination on Oliver North's parallel government is just a marine following orders from his commander in chief...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Agreed. The president knew what he was doing. LaPierre knew what Ollie was doing, too.

I understand your concern. I just left an important and influential national organization because it wasn't accountable to its membership.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Geo, nothing solid only hearsay from my American friends spending summers here. Size of salary was a big part of it.

Well, we all know that hearsay from fellow anti-gun Libtards is sufficient evidence for you and Geo to denigrate our NRA.

I don't think LaPierre has an excessive salary. He doesn't make near as much as Democrat Warren Buffett or poor little rich girl Chelsea Clinton. And neither of them has done anything to preserve and protect the 2nd Amendment Rights of law abiding citizens. Bill Clinton gets more for a couple short speeches than LaPierre gets for a whole year of working to save our gun rights. Is Geo whining about that? People who have no qualms or concerns about the multi-million dollar contracts of useless entertainers and athletes act like LaPierre's salary and perks are somehow sinful.

I still don't believe that you helped to repeal the Canadian Long Gun Registry King. You can't provide shred of proof. And if you really thought that gun registries are bad... Then you'd not be supporting the efforts of anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats to institute one here.

So how long do you plan on running away from my questions concerning your pal Stevie's advertising of his business in his tag-line? And what about him hawking his gunsmith business and gun importation business in this forum instead of the For Sale section? You claimed I was cheating Dave when I had a link to NRA-PVF and a little picture of Reagan in my old taglines. You said I was advertising for the NRA and the RNC.

Canada should enter you in the 2020 Olympics King, and then ask you these same questions. You'd win the 100 Meter Gold medal and shatter the world record..... running away from your own lies and hypocrisy.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.