March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (canvasback, SKB, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 789 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Picked up at the 2018 Medford SXS shoot and shot very little. To much time with a nice Grant sidelever and my short 10's. Sold through the London shop right at the end of the Victorian period. First time out I shot it very well and the gun fit was very good. 2'nd outing last fall it also performed very well. Had it out a few weeks ago and shot it poorly. Thought about it and decided it was lack of concentration and lazy gun mount. I was dropping my ready position down towards my waist instead of level with the chest under the arm and mounting the gun into my shoulder a bit low causing my neck and head to scrunch a little.
Friday and today I corrected that and posted two very good scores. Jeffery built a nice gun and I am glad to be it's caretaker. I must be careful as I tire at the end of the course due to the last 4.5 years of oral chemo. It's taking a toll my body and the lack of energy is something I must deal with. Still, I can not think of anything I'd rather be doing on a nice summer day.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Good guns all the way around. I owned a N0. 5 boxlock from Jeffery and regret having sold it. Best to you with the chemo. I know; it's terrible.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Shooting and working on gun mount should be good therapy, especially if you make progress toward better results.

Best of luck with everything.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eric,
You're in our thoughts and prayers for your health issues. Having that new Jeffery and an upcoming hunting season to look forward to is important during difficult times. I wish you the best. pictures please!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations on the gun, but also on thinking through the low scores issue, and figuring out how to correct it. That is a very satisfying thing to do. Many times we say to ourselves that we just "had a bad day" and brush it off, when in reality almost all misses are caused by mistakes, either in our mechanics, or our mental focus ....... or both.

Best wishes for a successful conclusion to the chemo treatments.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank's for the positive comments and support. When you a miss a target or bird because you did not see it clearly against the background or the wind took it at the shot, well that is just bad luck. When you miss a target that you really should have had it's time to do a bit of analysis as to why. Usually it's the result of poor gun mount or lack of concentration or both. When I begin to tire it's really important for me to set up properly and concentrate following through the shot. There are several presentations that I just can not figure out but more shooting generally results in success. Referring to the guns, I must admit that I am addicted to the Victorian and Edwardian English guns. The skill of those who built them is remarkable and we get to shoot them and care for them to pass along to the next generation of shooter's.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.