May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (earlyriser, LeFusil, Jimmy W, Sun Dog, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 1,047 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,511
Posts545,661
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: nca225
nca225,

Your attempt to glorify the unlikely, in an effort to mask the realistic, is not lost on me. But, it's so predictable. Practice up, man. Can't you do better than that?

Was Jefferson, and the other founding fathers who foresaw the possibility of tyranny, a total fool, or was he a visionary? We cannot answer that until the answer presents itself, but we are fools if we are not prepared for the worst.

SRH

Well, Stan, I do have to question person's state of mind if they think the 2nd amendment is going to save them from a despotic government with today's technology. The only defense against that are alliances, institutions and the courts.

With respect to the vision of the founders, it was visionary of Jefferson and et all, but that protection they put in there became realistically worthless the moment the standing army was created and along with it the military industrial complex to arm it.

So said those who sided with Britain, when the American colonies decided the risk was worth the possible reward. What was the ultimate result?

You place your hope in "the courts", I'll place mine otherwise.

SRH

Your free to do so. If the sh!t hits the fan, best of luck to you!

You do realize that the small arms that the patriots had at their disposal often were superior to that of a British regular? Sure, musket volleys are devastating to Napoleonic formations in range, but those PA rifles some of our boys had could shoot pinpoint accuracy at better then 3x the distance.

The point being that at the time the technology between the US and Britain was pretty much on par, with the advantage to the US because of the rifle. There is no parity of technology between and armed populace and the military today.

Last edited by nca225; 08/29/19 10:23 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

[/quote]

And likewise your point sure does assume a lot of bravery on the part of your compatriots. My bet is that they would lay down their arms and go home pretty quickly if confronted with the military sent by a despotic government.

I don't know about that. Anyone who considers himself a patriot and is not a college student nor a millennial living in his mother's basement, is likely to throw it all in to save what we once had and in most zip codes still have - especially those who, like me are retired, collect guns, hunt, love our country, family and friends... would be more than happy to make the ultimate stand - going down in a blaze of glory, so to speak. And who knows, there may be enough of us to make a difference. And if we fail, we did the very best we could for the very best cause possible.

And as Ted said, most in the US Military would disobey such an order and before they could face a firing squad, would quickly turn their weapons on the despotic government that gave such an order.

Last edited by DAM16SXS; 08/29/19 10:35 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There would be those who surrendered. There would be those who fought. The insurrection would happen, just as it has happened many times and places before, except those places that have been deliberately disarmed with the promise of “safety”.

History gives us examples. Further your education on the subject, Chris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendell_Fertig

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

nca225,

Your attempt to glorify the unlikely, in an effort to mask the realistic, is not lost on me. But, it's so predictable. Practice up, man. Can't you do better than that?

Was Jefferson, and the other founding fathers who foresaw the possibility of tyranny, a total fool, or was he a visionary? We cannot answer that until the answer presents itself, but we are fools if we are not prepared for the worst.

SRH

Well, Stan, I do have to question person's state of mind if they think the 2nd amendment is going to save them from a despotic government with today's technology. The only defense against that are alliances, institutions and the courts.

With respect to the vision of the founders, it was visionary of Jefferson and et all, but that protection they put in there became realistically worthless the moment the standing army was created and along with it the military industrial complex to arm it.

So said those who sided with Britain, when the American colonies decided the risk was worth the possible reward. What was the ultimate result?

You place your hope in "the courts", I'll place mine otherwise.

SRH

Your free to do so. If the sh!t hits the fan, best of luck to you!

You do realize that the small arms that the patriots had at their disposal often were superior to that of a British regular? Sure, musket volleys are devastating to Napoleonic formations in range, but those PA rifles some of our boys had could shoot pinpoint accuracy at better then 3x the distance.

The point being that at the time the technology between the US and Britain was pretty much on par, with the advantage to the US because of the rifle. There is no parity of technology between and armed populace and the military today.

What you overlook, and underestimate, is mindset. It is mindset that carries the day, not equipment. You have overlooked too much historical evidence. Nothing ........... nothing ........... is as important as will.

The real question is not whether the superior equipment of the government will carry the day, it is whether or not the will of those "employed" by that government will be sufficient for them to stay the course. History says they will not. I'm betting on history being right.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is nice Ted, Stan and DAM, but just so you know, I don't believe for one second that you would fight for this country. You each supported a foreign adversary influencing our election because it benefited your political party and ideology and then condoned steps to conceal the influence and lie about it to the American people. Patriots don't do that, traitors do.

So trump voter check your false patriotism at the door please. You failed to defend our democracy before and would fail to defend it again, so I highly doubt your gonna be playing patriotic insurgent anytime soon.

But I digress, so lets get back to the issue of the original post that was locked because we can't stand a differing opinion on gun rights around here.

Last edited by nca225; 08/29/19 11:31 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

I VOTED for TRUMP & I will vote for him again. Russia played Absolutely NO part in my decision, PERIOD. If you think Russia played any role in Trumps win you are like a NOSE DEAD Coon Dog, Barking up the Wrong Tree. Your Liberal Democrats played a Far Greater hand in Trump's win than Russia ever even Dreamed of. Basically they handed it to Trump on a Silver Platter.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

+1

Thats a real good point. I find a lot of comfort and security in knowing with a class 3 stamp I can get a fully automatic machine gun, maybe equip it with a suppressor and then hold off the tanks, attack helicopters, stealth drones, laser guided bombs, cruise missiles and satellite detection that a despotic government is going to send out to make sure I fall into line. Thank god we have the technology we have now in 2019 as opposed to 1779. I hate a fair fight.

Sounds like you should be red flagged and put on the terrorist watch list.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is nice ..., .... and ..., but just so you know, I don't believe for one second that you would fight for this country. You each supported a foreign adversary influencing our election because it benefited your political party and ideology and then condoned steps to conceal the influence and lie about it to the American people. Patriots don't do that, traitors do.

So trump voter check your false patriotism at the door please. You failed to defend our democracy before and would fail to defend it again, so I highly doubt your gonna be playing patriotic insurgent anytime soon....

....But I digress....

Woke up King, get the day started. Why isn't this guru on your list of folks to have a shirley temple with some day? After all, he's on your side, eh?

It's always interesting when lefties feel like 'discussing' things we have in common. Maybe you could comment, dealing with patriotic warriors like this, what's your feeling of how much time you'd sit down with nca to talk climate change let alone any other topic?

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is nice Ted, Stan and DAM, but just so you know, I don't believe for one second that you would fight for this country. You each supported a foreign adversary influencing our election because it benefited your political party and ideology and then condoned steps to conceal the influence and lie about it to the American people. Patriots don't do that, traitors do.

So trump voter check your false patriotism at the door please. You failed to defend our democracy before and would fail to defend it again, so I highly doubt your gonna be playing patriotic insurgent anytime soon.

But I digress, so lets get back to the issue of the original post that was locked because we can't stand a differing opinion on gun rights around here.

I found the Russian payments to the Clintons to be much more solid evidence of slippery doings, Chris. You live in a society that will allow a standing Secretary of State to be part of a foundation that accepts money from hostile regimes.

Try as you might, you won’t find anything on Trump that tops that.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

..... You each supported a foreign adversary influencing our election because it benefited your political party and ideology and then condoned steps to conceal the influence and lie about it to the American people. Patriots don't do that, traitors do.

Libtards like nca225 fail to defend our Republic (not democracy) every time they support the Liberal Left Democrat anti-gunners who work to subvert our Constitution and infringe upon the 2nd Amendment.

Nancy boy places hope in the Courts. Yet he/she votes for Liberal Left Democrats who would stack the Courts with Judges who ignore the Original Intent of the Framers. King also likes the idea of the Constitution as a so-called "Living Document" which can be changed at the whims of activist judges who bypass Congress and legislate from the bench.

King's little brother Larry Clown is concerned that craigd may not know of the process for amending the constitution. But he never chimes in to confront Libtards like King and nca225 who work to bypass that whole process.

As Ted astutely points out, Nancy-boy nca225 is still unable to produce a shred of evidence that Trump engaged in collusion with Russia to throw the election. He/she cannot admit to Obama's interference in the Israeli election process. And Nancy-boy won't go near the huge exchange of cash for influence between Russia and the Clintons.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.