May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Drew Hause, Bill Davis, CJF, 1 invisible), 378 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,515
Posts545,682
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31
Sidelock
Sidelock

All this tit-for-tat, my science and your science, insults, dredging the past, isn't how to make harmonious and productive change---in the public interest. It's self-defeating. Vindication, I know better, I have the only answer, kills progress.

Introducing innovation, efficiencies through cooperation, the social dynamics of giving people a break, telling them the facts and trends, getting them to work together, is my day job. Getting crap out of the way builds relationships.

What Jefferson did and Miller believes shouldn't have more than a gnat's eyelash of influence on the enormous issues threatening to pull the country apart. God help us all if America's state of mind is what is expressed here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone else expecting a segue to the Civil War and Lincoln is the devil?

Sidelock
Sidelock

4 pages.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
All this tit-for-tat, my science and your science, insults, dredging the past, isn't how to make harmonious and productive change---in the public interest. It's self-defeating. Vindication, I know better, I have the only answer, kills progress.

Introducing innovation, efficiencies through cooperation, the social dynamics of giving people a break, telling them the facts and trends, getting them to work together, is my day job. Getting crap out of the way builds relationships.

What Jefferson did and Miller believes shouldn't have more than a gnat's eyelash of influence on the enormous issues threatening to pull the country apart. God help us all if America's state of mind is what is expressed here.

Saw that King posted. Was hoping for his trademark hockey hi-jack.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Americans get it right over time, lonesome. All this insurrection talk, Churchillian fight them on the beaches, we'll never surrender stuff comes up on 50-60 year cycles. Remember the Weathermen? Communists parachuting from the skies?

I interviewed a Baptist minister in a dusty Missouri town, where the Youngers used to drink, who was selling bazookas and other heavy stuff from his garage to hold them off. I was on my way to Utah and fire-breathing Billy James Hargis when I was pulled to cover a revolt in South America. This is another spell; it will pass.

(The black guys got their democratic reforms through a vote, the American patriots arming themselves against their government fizzled out. Different cultures. The blacks were as politically engaged as any group I've ever seen. I've listened to stevedores arguing for hours about a budget.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Always trying to change the subject, eh King? Your last sentence is interesting. I don't think I've ever once seen you refer to God's name with a capital "G". Maybe if you're lucky, you'll die suddenly, and you won't ever be reduced to asking Him for mercy.

By the way, this is a microcosm of America's state of mind. I thought you were better informed than that... especially with all of those imaginary dignitaries and captains of industry who trek to rural Nova Scotia in the middle of the week to interrupt your day job and seek counsel from you. The last few elections have been practically photo-finish horse races, and the divide between Conservatives and anti-gun Liberals has been widening. Everyone knows how the racial divide reached a violent fever pitch under Obama, but has lessened since Trump was elected and helped minorities to find jobs and help themselves.

Speaking of people helping themselves, you never did answer my repeated question... You criticized me several times, and accused me of cheating Dave and advertising for the NRA and the Republican Party because of my old tag lines... a link to NRA Political Victory fund, and a small picture of Reagan toasting "Us Deplorables"

Yet you never said anything about your liberal pal SKB advertising his gunsmithing business in his tagline, or offering gunsmithing or gun importation services in his posts here. Do you also feel he has been cheating Dave, and will you ask him to stop? Or are you a petty hypocrite who is only interested in silencing support for the 2nd Amendment and the NRA?

Your refusal to reply to this query is speaking volumes King.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All this tit-for-tat, my science and your science, insults, dredging the past, isn't how to make harmonious and productive change---in the public interest. It's self-defeating. Vindication, I know better, I have the only answer, kills progress....

So, there's only one path, and it's your definition of progress? I notice equivocating is a favorite tactic that you like to use. What happens if you try to get a group of people together, and one of them is labeled a misogynist and another is labeled a racist. Are they still equal to the people that you like, in your opinion?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Americans get it right over time....

....This is another spell; it will pass....

Like a kidney stone, eh? Student loan debt here is somewhere around 1.5 big T. A drop in the bucket for progress, or are you folks going to collapse a key indoctrination tool?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

And "Only the willfully blind, the totally cynical, the opportunists, and the hopelessly stupid support him" isn't usually a good way to inspire folks at the average Baptist potluck to work together for progress wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just for the record let me state a few Facts.
1: I am not advocating a return to Slavery.
2: I have no personal desire to own a Slave.
3: Yes some of my Ancestors did.
4: I have no right to judge them on what was legal at that point & not stated to be a Sin in the Word of God.
5: N B Forrest told a group of Black people they could be anything they wanted to be & were willing to "Work" for
6: Abraham Lincoln stated the Black race was an "Inferior" race to Whites & could never live on as equals to Whites in society.
7: The Emancipation Proclamation was never intended to benefit the black Race, it was purely political & military.
8: politically it was a success in that it helped tremendously to get Lincoln elected to a 2nd term. Militarily it was a total FLOP.
9: Lincoln did not "FREE" a single slave he had authority to free.
10: While Lincoln was president work was going on building the Dome of the Capitol building in DC by the use of "SLAVE LABOR"

Finally, I have asked Drew to quote me one Scripture from Gods word which listed owning a slave as a Sin. He has consistently cited me all kinds of references to words of "MEN". The reason he has not of course is it does not exist, as any student of the Bible knows. I have no interest in the words of Men, only that of God when it comes to things of a spiritual nature.

NCA;
I have no idea where either Keith or Joe go to church, or even if they do. I worship in the Church that Jesus, the Christ built as recorded in the New Testament. Not only do I attend there I currently serve as an Elder. One of the qualifications of an Elder is that they have a Good Report, both within & without. I have well met this qualification by all those with whom I have had personal contact.

If it were not such a serious thing it would really be a Big Joke for someone living in open Denial of the very Existence of God to call others Sinners. IF there is no God, there is no Sin.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
I fail to see where Miller has been advocating any return to slavery. Miller has shown us a photo of himself in a church alongside a black relative. The suggestion that he is a segregationist or that he thinks blacks are inferior and deserve to be treated as livestock, or as less than human, is simply more of the disingenuous and dishonest behavior we frequently see around here.

Miller has done nothing wrong. He has simply quoted what he has seen and read in the Bible, and he has not changed or subverted those words. Miller is a God fearing man who does not question the word of God, or think that he knows better.

It is interesting to see the Preacher attempting to prove Miller is some sort of beast by using a quote from Thomas Jefferson... a man who owned slaves even after becoming an author and signatory to the Declaration of Independence.

The fact that Thomas Jefferson held on to arcane beliefs does not diminish the greatness of our Nation, and the past and present practice of slavery among men does not diminish the word of God in the Bible. Atheists and Agnostics like nca225, King, or Mustela frenata are always looking for any reason to justify their denial of God. Yet I've heard some of them crying for God to help them as they were dying.

Once, the world was mostly populated with slaves, serfs, and subjects. We still have remnants of those times today with dictatorships and all powerful rulers who enslave virtually their entire populations in some manner. We have evolved and changed... and not necessarily for the better.

One thing that hasn't changed is the idea that men should have inalienable rights and freedoms. It took some time for that to take hold here in order to form a more perfect union. But it is still not 100% perfect. Far from it. The fact that Liberal left Democrats wish to subvert and take away our freedoms (such as our 2nd Amendment) proves that it is Democrats... not Miller... who need to be feared and rejected.

What would Miller's point have been in making that statement about what the Bible does or doesn't contain regarding slavery, if not some tacit approval because the Bible doesn't prohibit it? Anyway, Miller can speak for himself. I'm sure he doesn't require you to defend or explain his beliefs.

My point, if I had one, is that one probably SHOULD be questioning the word of God if one's god is telling you it's okay to have slaves. Perhaps when God was speaking, someone wrote it down wrong. Without confirming or denying the existence of God, it should be clear to anyone that the Bible and other holy books are giant games of password, played down through the centuries. The Literal Word of God? How good was the the guy who translated the Bible from Aramaic to Greek and Latin?

And what do you know about what I'm looking for to deny or confirm the existence of God. Pure speculation on your part. As always wild conjecture based on the most minimal of facts. Get back in your basement Keith. Take the meds. Get the OCD under control. Or call up your daughter and show her what you write here. Let her be so proud of her dad for the way he can keyboard warrior.

What a joke.

Quote:
Once, the world was mostly populated with slaves, serfs, and subjects. We still have remnants of those times today with dictatorships and all powerful rulers who enslave virtually their entire populations in some manner. We have evolved and changed... and not necessarily for the better.

Should we go back to those times Keith? Is that what you'd like? Here another one happily hanging himself, seeing as he's got enough rope.

As I've said before, you give the rest of us supporters of the 2cd and gun rights anywhere a bad name.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/31/19 04:40 PM. Reason: grammar

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.