March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jimmy W, ksauers1, mel5141, fallschirmjaeger, 2 invisible), 809 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....It's OK for me to say this because 1) it's true and 2) this is still a free country where free speech is its great virtue....

....I hope people don't forget that AR 15s ought to be Class III weapons and that responsible gun owners ought to forego them....

I hope people don't forget that your truth is a class 3 truth, so to speak. So, why don't free speech proponents, such as yourself, have to protect this great virtue from loonie talk by folks like you?

Still waiting Bill, and yes, repeating myself like a broken record. Are '98 Mausers weapons of war? Or, are black composite firearm decoration any different from marble grain walnut, hand sculpted furniture or fine rust bluing? Just different shades of lipstick, and our prejudices, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, A current FOX poll says 66% of Americans favor a ban on assault rifles. If you believe in democracy, this has to mean something to you.

Bill, if you believe in democracy, then you will let Fox News pick your next President.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, A current FOX poll says 66% of Americans favor a ban on assault rifles. If you believe in democracy, this has to mean something to you.

Billy, you dolt... we do not live in a Democracy. Our framers set up a tripartite Constitutional Republic, to make it more difficult for impressionable Libtard flakes like you to f**k it all up.

Besides, we all know how accurate polls are. Didn't several well regarded polls predict that Trump would lose in a landslide of historic proportions?

And does it mean anything to you Billy, that many of your precious anti-gun Democrats would like to also see a ban on the type of high powered bolt action rifle that is the subject of this thread? I've asked this question several times, but you are obviously afraid to answer it. Your rifle fires high velocity bullets that are capable of penetrating police body armor. Don't you think you should destroy it... if it might save even one life???

By the way, a semi-auto AR-15 is not an assault rifle. It is a semi-automatic rifle that requires a separate pull of the trigger for each shot, just like a double action revolver. Less people are killed by them annually in the U.S. than are killed by blunt objects like hammers.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB #555222 09/18/19 08:19 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

These last two responses, Craig and Keith, show lots of careful and highly original thought. If either of you should turn against Trump, you'd qualify as a replacement. What I worry about in the 2020 election is the observation put forth by the con man in Huckleberry Finn:" Hain't we got the fools on our side, and ain't they a majority in any town?" PS: Are 98 Mauser's weapons of war? Well, no they aren't, any more than flintlock muskets are. If you fail to see the difference, then there's no point in trying to explain it. You may still have a majority on your side.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 09/18/19 08:24 AM.

Bill Ferguson
SKB #555242 09/18/19 01:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

But Billy, craigd wasn't calling the Mauser 98 a weapon of war. He was asking you a question, because many of your beloved Liberal Left Democrats consider them to be a weapon of war. Certainly, they were once weapons of war, and they can still launch a high velocity projectile that is capable of penetrating police body armor.

That's what I also pointed out to you, plus the FACT that these same anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats wish to ban them for those same reasons. moses recently made a post about a mass shooter in Australia who used... wait for it... a sawed off shotgun. Any weapon can be turned against people... even a hammer or a golf club. Google up mass homicides in Australia, and see how many of them involve arson... burning victims alive. Your willingness to give entire classes of firearms to the anti-gunners shows us the extremely shallow depth of your thought processes. You think that your bolt action rifles and your shotguns will be safe, but the anti-gunners you support keep slipping up, as Beto O'Rourke did, and letting out their long term goals.

And you are stupid enough to ignore those things, and cling to the little sound-bites where they lie and claim to support the 2nd Amendment. Pretty easy to see who the con men are when it comes to gun rights, and you follow them like a drooling hydrocephalic sheep.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB #555245 09/18/19 03:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You and Craig are not capable of understanding the main point here: assault type rifles with high capacity magazines enable shooters to kill people too efficiently. Any fire arm will kill, but too many mass murderers prefer the ones that let them maximize their destruction. Furthermore, these are the weapons that movies and video games have promoted as being particularly effective. The non-gun public knows this and hates these weapons with a passion. Gun owners can't afford any longer to defend these weapons; they are not defensible. I fully understand how popular they are and how many responsible users have them. We've reached the point where that no longer makes any difference.

Bill Ferguson
SKB #555249 09/18/19 04:30 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's ridiculous Billy. So you are telling us that just because the Liberal Left Democrats have had some success in demonizing an inanimate object, we should incrementally give up our Constitutional Rights to appease them?

I have repeatedly posted links and information about many other mass homicide attacks that did not involve AR-15's or any other firearm. The use of box cutters helped Islamic terrorists kill around 3000 innocent people on 9/11/2001. The school bombing by a disgruntled janitor in Bath Township Michigan in 1927 which killed 44 people remains the worst school massacre in U.S. history. Then there's the 1990 Happyland Dance Club arson in NYC that killed 87 people. The murder weapon was much more cost effective and efficient than any AR-15 Billy. It was less than $1.00 of gasoline and a match.

Did you happen to Google mass murders in Australia to see how many were arson fires? New gun laws and confiscations there have not stopped these mass killings. Have you forgotten the recent fad of running big trucks into large crowds of people? The truck attack in 2016 in Nice, France took 87 lives. No Universal background Check would have stopped it. All the killer had to do was rent or steal a large truck.

What is not defensible Billy, is having idiots like you who are so willing to blind yourself to these facts, and are equally willing to give up our rights and freedoms. We've reached a point where intelligent gun owners need to realize that guys like you are working to help anti-gunners steal our rights and freedoms.

And not once have you ever suggested regulating or banning the anti-depressant drugs that seem to drive many of these mass murderers to have the desire to kill themselves and as many others as they can. Your only solution is to give up someone else's gun.

Earlier, I posted a picture and statement about the mass shooter Charles Whitman. He killed 14 and wounded 32 people at the University of Texas. He used a bolt action rifle very similar to your Mauser. Anti-gun Democrats also hate these "sniper rifles" and "weapons of war" like your Mauser. So when are you going to destroy it or surrender it to them to appease them?

Inquiring minds want to know. So how will you squirm away from these questions Billy? What excuses will you concoct to keep your Mauser, and give up the semi-autos owned by millions of equally law abiding U.S. citizens?

SKB #555251 09/18/19 04:52 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have no defense for anti-depressant drugs. I f they are a factor in the problem, I condemn them as much as I do assault rifles with one notation: the killer acting under their influence still needs an efficient weapon to kill lots on people.

Bill Ferguson
SKB #555254 09/18/19 05:08 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

No surprise to see that you again managed to run away from most of the valid points I made about arson fires, bombs, trucks, and a myriad of other ways that a mentally ill killer can efficiently kill and injure large numbers of people.

There are two old unsolved mass murders less than 20 miles from me. One used a knife to kill several children and a mother. The other used a hammer to kill 5 children and a mother, and left another child permanently brain damaged. A bartender at a nearby tavern was beaten to death on the same night and police felt it was the same killer. No noise, no bullets, no silly background checks... just dead victims and killers still running free.

As I said, less than $1.00 of gasoline and a match was certainly effective enough to kill 87 people in NYC, and a lot more efficient than buying a $600.00 rifle and ammo at over half a buck a pop. Of course it cost quite a bit more to buy and feed an AR-15 when Obama was threatening to ban them.

How much do you think it would cost for a killer to stab a trucker at a truck stop, and steal his semi-truck to run into a large crowd?

And the biggest surprise of all... no comment from you about giving up your Mauser "sniper rifle" and "weapon of war" which can shoot right through police body armor. Why don't you wish to talk about giving that up to appease all of the anti-gunners who hate it and are afraid of it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have no defense for anti-depressant drugs. I f they are a factor in the problem, I condemn them as much as I do assault rifles with one notation: the killer acting under their influence still needs an efficient weapon to kill lots on people.

Bill, you sound like you would condemn a ham sandwich if you felt like it was related to a plastic straw. Here's a quick tip, the chicken little strategy doesn't work. Well, it works among you and your buddies, but ain't that an exercise in frustration. Too funny, I'm guessing you want to get out and shoot an elk with your weapon of war, chambered for a high intensity primer flattening military round. Do you think you will get a clean kill, or just maim?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.