May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (prairie ghost, R Reynolds, CJ Dawe, battle, bsteele, LGF), 873 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,399
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

Apparently, I have lived a very deprived life. For 74 years, I have lived south of the Mason Dixon line, drank my way through high school and a southern college, lived a wild and crazy teenage and young adult life, violated every law I could identify. However, somehow I have avoided the blackface thing, and haven't ever seen one of my white or black friends adorned in blackface. What is with these Democrats? As we are aware, our last president is one of the most racist, bigoted, and dividing personalities ever to grace the White House. When is this going to be recognized by the press?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dont hold your breath.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh it's recognized by them, Bill, it's just twisted and spun to their liking before "reporting". They are no longer reporters, anyway ........... they're perverted editorialists.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just wonderin', 8-bore- why would any of your black amigoes wear "black-face", and if they did, who could tell. Mae and I are in Gettysburg now, then headin' home Mon. 1 Oct. My sister and her hubby met up with us yesterday- they still live in Germantown-

Had crab chowdah and crabcakes last night at the PIKE restaurant and Tavern on the Baltimore Pike Road- One of the best things about this area, and yours, I surmise, is the great seafood-which I love. Also, the Yeunling (sic) draft beer- can't get that back in MI- just Old Overcoat Rye whiskey at times-

Obama was about a great a president as- take your pick of these 20th Century clowns: (1) Warren Harding, (2) Herbert Hoover, Tricky Dick Nixon (3) Jimmy Carter (4) Slick Willie Clinton- and the list goes on through Barracks Bag Boy O'Bammy-- but the Liberal Press and New media thinks he was/is the Messiah reincarnated- Go Figure.. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sure where you guys are coming from. As far as I can remember, blackface has been part of my life. Al Jolson and Eddy Cantor and the aural blackface of Amos and Andy, wow!

I'd keep turning our little brown bakelite radio to get their strongest voices from WOR New York. Ministrel shows were part of annual concerts in our one-room school with grades up to grade 10.

Burnt cork was part of Halloween and, according to our national newspaper of record yesterday, blackface was common at Halloween and frosh celebrations up to the new century at our universities, bastions of privilege.

What's changed in journalism? "Yellow journalism" has always been with us. About a third of newspapers in 21 large US metropolitan cities in 1900 were distinctly yellow, beginning with Journal and the World in 1896.

Partisan duelling in networks and newspapers now is common as rain. Social media is an enormous mall of opinion and influence, from sublime to ridiculous. Like Ted, I'm not holding my breath.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

Burnt cork was part of Halloween and, according to our national newspaper of record yesterday, blackface was common at Halloween and frosh celebrations up to the new century at our universities, bastions of privilege.

And the infuriating reality is that Canada's denial of its own racism, the very same racism present in the overwhelmingly white, elite and privileged spheres where Trudeau apparently learned that blackface was acceptable, makes it impossible to change in any meaningful way.
Janaya Khan

Last edited by lonesome roads; 09/22/19 10:16 AM. Reason: Attribute quote
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agree, to the point I think Trudeau will get through this scandal with a minority government---not that he deserves it.

I will vote for him solely because he has kept his promise to the world on climate change, regulated to mitigate carbon, the world's existential challenge.

Blackface and its agencies will always be with us, a nasty part of humanity's picking on minorities and the weak, and my family has always opposed it.

The second biggest issue is state of the West's democracy. Interesting to see how Trudeau's new gun control policy goes down with the electorate.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will vote for him solely because he has kept his promise to the world on climate change, regulated to mitigate carbon, the world's existential challenge.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-election-energy-idUSKCN1VR0E1

Gets to bulldoze some indigenous folks villages too from what I understand.
A twofer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Currently involved in protecting indigenous rights in most-publicized environmental case in Canada---snd we're winning.

Our association has introduced a radical innovative wrinkle that major environmental issues are too important to be left to politicians.

We need a social comity of engaging political, labour, religious etc institutions to act as guarantors that politicians keep their word.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Currently involved in protecting indigenous rights in most-publicized environmental case in Canada---snd we're winning.

Our association has introduced a radical innovative wrinkle that major environmental issues are too important to be left to politicians.

We need a social comity of engaging political, labour, religious etc institutions to act as guarantors that politicians keep their word.

Youre a trip, King.
Ill let keith or craigd finish you off.

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.