Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup, I was poking around some MT potholes last week, but thought the better of heading out last weekend. That front sure changed things, the hunting was probably miserable but good. The access roads, no thanks. Unofficially, there looked to be a good amount of ducks on the rolling plains, I'm curious if a few got pushed out by the weather.

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I ended the month with 6 inches of rain....that is about a third of our average annual! Lots of wheat stubble, crops, and roads underwater and young ducks abundant. Mostly dabblers, but quite a few redheads and ringnecks. Should fatten up quickly and be worth shooting when I get back from MB mid-month unless we get some really cold weather. Regardless,it will be time to boat-hunt or pass-shoot migrant divers and try to fill my swan tag.
That has been very difficult around here lately as all my favorite duck lakes are now full of slimy fish and the submerged aquatic plants have all but disappeared.

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well over 7-inches in Baudette. My brother always wondered why the culverts were so big up there. I guess we now know why.

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, lots more rain up there last night. My brother's boat is shoved up into the roof of his boat dock on LOTW. And....snow in Fargo! Looks now like I'm flying north on Saturday. Hope thing dry out a bit. I'll likely be wearing rubber boots instead of Russels for most of it now. Seems like alot of trouble to go shoot a grouse, but...I look forward to it all year. Hope it's not a swan song (big changes coming in my world up there).

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Finally stopped raining here. Saw 5, missed 3...blast it. Rusty. Swore I hit 2, but couldn't find them. No feathers.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 10/06/19 10:15 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

See you Thursday, Lloyd.

Best,
Ted

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

They're calling for snow here Thursday Ted. Be prepared.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looking good hereabouts Atlantic Flyway. Lot of geese, blacks of the year, thin; waiting for the big red legs from the north. Fall about 2-3 weeks behind. Grape crop unlikely.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Driving to Nebraska on Thursday. Not looking forward to the trip once I pass the bottom of Lake Michigan. Rain and then when I get to western Iowa, temps fall off the chart. Oh well, things look for for the hunting for the week once we are through Saturday.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just got back from a week on the North Shore, fewest grouse I have ever seen. Only shot 4 but more like 3.5 birds. Not sure about the rest of the arrowhead but on North Shore most of the chicks died this Spring and they had a late second hatch. Those are still pretty small I only count the juvi I shot as half a bird, hope they make it through the winter. Last week was rainy so not much moving and that didn't help. Hunted mostly Lake and South Cook County. Trees were really hanging on to their leaves, once they are gone will have a better idea of the real bird population.

Was midway up the Gunflint trail last Wednesday and it snowed 3-4". Vehicles coming down from the Upper Gunflint had quite a bit of snow on them. Leave this weekend for 12 days grouse hunting again this time mid and upper Gunflint in Cook County. Used to hunt the Birchdale area a lot between Baudette and the Falls not sure how that is this year.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.