March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Roundsworth, Argo44, RWG, 3 invisible), 334 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,002
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

No, I think it all needs to be made public as the truth needs to be told, whatever it might be. What little I know is that the hierarchy of GGCA took a vote of confidence, accused him of mismanagement of funds & sent him packing. He was devastated..... Don't know what your version of >>ousted<< might be, but it would fall along the lines of what I hold.

Also, some GGCA members with info informed him not to contact him again with questions regarding Germans guns and he told me this himself. Now being someone who put everything, put his all & I mean his all into GGCA, I don't think he would lie & neither do I practice the craft. But there are many that do & also dilute or cover up the truth. So which one might you be Ford?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey,
I never heard that story, and I talked to him when he was setting up his new site and I agreed to answer questions about ammo for the site, at the time he asked me for recommendations for others that could answer questions. I recommended you. I have profound respect for him and his memory and would not say anything against him. As a matter of fact I was the one, at least one of the ones, that recommended he be given a lifetime membership. There are enough people on this site feuding with one another, we don't need to get another one going. If you want to call me a liar and talk about this ,it is better to do it face to face and not get everyone else involved in it.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey and Mike. I know both of you, you have both been in my home and looked over my pile of "stuff", which is clearly inferior to both your piles of "stuff," and I would like to see you settle the differing accounts of this fine gentleman face to face. It's not like you are so far apart in distance that you couldn't meet somewhere and talk it over. Once you reach a general agreement as to the facts, then perhaps post it here, if it really needs posting here, which it may not. The LAST thing this forum needs is another feud between two really nice guys such as the two of you, who happen to also be two of our most learned members when it comes to German guns. I personally also don't want to see Mr. Apel's name tarnished here, I would much prefer to see stories of his very large contribution to furthering our knowledge about German guns. Stay friendly, you guys. Talk it over and work this out. Just my two cents worth, you're both good guys, no need to break a friendship, and let's not speak ill of Mr. Apel and his wonderful effort at building our field of knowledge of German guns.

In friendship.
Larry

Sidelock
Sidelock

While I have not met either of you, Raimey and Mike, you have both helped me out in the past and I completely echo Larry's post.

For my own selfish reasons, I would prefer to continue learning from you both.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said by Larry.

Back to the website...

* Any timeline for when it will be up?

* Do we need help from GGCA Members (of which I am) for $$ to get a better host site?

Old No7

Last edited by Old No7; 10/31/19 11:10 PM.

"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Sidelock
Sidelock

Old No 7
I heard from Jon on the 22nd and the service rep was supposed to send some material to the guy working on it. Jon was going to call the next day( 23 Oct). That was the last I heard. I'm worried, myself.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK Everybody,
The GGCA Forum seems to be back up. I just posted a remark after jillandsam found it in operation again. It took the remark without a hitch. Looks like we are ready to go again.

Raimey,
Can you notify the guys on Nitro Express?
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Mike- can you help..

I have a solid line from a friend and FFL dealer on a 9mm Luger sn 8813 4" barrel he wants to sell- 9mm, no holster or extra mag or loading tool- bore clean, wood grips, and as it clearly does NOT fit into Dave's German gun stipulation (only rifles and drilling and shotguns, NO handguns- so how do I get hooked up with this or any other similar Luger/Mauser C96/Walther P38 gun sale boards--- Der Fuchs

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 01/26/20 04:15 PM. Reason: shorten

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Der Fuchs,
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the Jan C. Still Luger Forum. I don't collect, per se, German military pistols, so don't know of other similar forums. If you are looking for an estimate of value for the Luger you found, you might check Simpson Ltd. Bob Simpson seems to have a good many for sale and he has firm prices listed since his is not an auction site. Auction sites often have unreasonable minimum prices and the same guns stay listed, sometimes for years. Simpsons usually have a decent description of what they are selling so you are pretty likely to find helpful information. Don't give up on the GGCA, if you email the office, they can help you get in. If you can't find them PM me and I will help you.
Mike

Last edited by Der Ami; 01/01/20 10:49 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen to that, our Canadian friend. Both Mike and Raimey have been more than willing to help out anyone who posts on Dave's forum. IMO, it is refreshing to peruse the German sector of this forum, as there seems to be far less "Sturm und Drang" therein--why that is, I cannot say, but I, for one, appreciate it. I grow weary of the "hostilities" found, sometimes, on the For Sale gruppen. Der Fuchs

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.