March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Jeremy Pearce, Dave K, Borderbill, battle), 777 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 32 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 31 32
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, that makes two of us, because your gun and gun skill set quality sucks.

You off to Lowes? Got some tools for you there....

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Well, that makes two of us, because your gun and gun skill set quality sucks.

You off to Lowes? Got some tools for you there....

Best,
Ted

Ted why you bad mouthing Jim's gun and gun skill set...

Do you even know Jim ?

Speaking of Lowes I made a haul today at Lowes.

A few more trips to Lowes and I'll have this Snap On box chock full of junk tOols

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wasnt speaking of Jim, who has good taste in tools, and vises, good taste that you lack.

You are your own special brand of stupid. Remember when you posted a comment from your imaginary playground friend, John Kox saying he supported homeless joe? Or, when you claimed gun internals were all casting of some sort? And, as Steve reminded us all (Steve recommended a Wilton round bar, Steve also has far better taste in tools then you) of how confused and unknowledgeable you are on color case hardening? How bout when you were trying to chisel a few bucks off the gun in the for sale section, earning you the name Uncle Cheap Prick?
Those were all excellent examples of your special brand of lunacy.
Now, you have done it again, recommending a $79 tinkers vise, with far eastern junk inside of it, and mounted to an old door, over a round bar Wilton in a bulletproof steel mount. Go back and read that sentence again.
That might be the dumbest thing Ive ever seen here, and you have spouted plenty of dumb. You got guns that belong in a $79 vise, I get that, but, most people here are looking for good advice when they ask a question.
I expect you did make a haul at Lowes. Best thing I can say is you likely have drawers full of tools you dont have to worry about anyone bothering to steal.
Good luck with em. And your scrimshaw, and your $79 vise style gun cleaning.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

There you go again Ted.

Anyone with just a twitz worth of common sense would know it shows you replied to Jim....except Ted.

Ted since it's so evident to everyone that I'm so deep inside your head let me ask you something...

How many times have you woke up in the middle of the night dreaming about me ?

Careful you don't wake up from one of those nightmares and hurt the missses Teddy...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stans vise, down on the farm:

No matter what it cost, Stans Grandfather got more than he paid for. Same as me.

Everyone who is a tool jobber doesnt have that vise in stock. Makes me wonder if it has been discontinued?
jOe, per usual, got it wrong-that one is 4 1/2 jaws, opens to 7. Mine is 5 and opens to 8.
Better check your math, Lowes playa.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fine example of a great gunsmith vise...

If you were working on Howitzers.

Yer a genius Tedward you even make other peoples pictures suck almost as much as yours.

Last edited by HomelessjOe; 11/04/19 08:30 AM. Reason: eYe smell a granpappy story a brewing
Sidelock
Sidelock

Check out this Lowes haul Teddy...

Found that cabinet in the Lowes Tupperware section where you get all your stuff..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Only thing ever smelled right here, be you, playa'.

My pictures suck?

Your stuff sucks.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow, so much discussion on vises and not the good kind of vices.

Im a casual collector of old American made vises, particularly Reeds and Parkers, Ive got a few. My bench vise is a 4 inch Reed, does everything I need it to do mainly holding things while I work on them.

Ive got a 5 inch Reed and a 5 inch Parker, both, In my opinion, are really too big for bench work. Ive got a small horse ranch the bigger vises are regulated for larger work.

Never owned a Wilton Bullet vise, they always seem to bring a premium and not something I could justify.

On a side note, Ive got several pictures of the Winchester factory circa 1900, the employees were all using Parker vises.

OBTW... if anyone knows of a 6 or 8 inch Reed for sale... please let me know

Respectfully

Mike

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mike Hunter
... if anyone knows of a 6 or 8 inch Reed for sale... please let me know

What part of the world are you in? I keep my eye out for old vises in Louisiana. There's a huge Parker on Facebook marketplace at the moment. Needs a little tlc

Last edited by Woodreaux; 11/04/19 08:06 PM.

Jim
Page 11 of 32 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.