April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gerry Addison, dblgnfix, smlekid, 1 invisible), 217 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,441
Posts544,763
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#558001 11/08/19 06:39 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm looking at getting a nice canvas trunk case for my Lefevers, with the Lefever trade label. I've never either owned either of the Jeff's Outfitters cases or the ones from CSMC. Any recommendations? I do want one with the slot for the wood cleaning rod, etc.

I've also thought it would be fun to make a custom oil painting insert that I could epoxy to the inside of the lid. Perhaps a hunting scene, setter on point, etc., with Lefever Arms Co. hand painted in the middle. That could be really cool if done in an antique looking, understated fashion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark,
I have several cases from Jeff's Outfitters and have been very satisfied with them. I've seen the CSMC cases in person and think they are larger for the same size of gun. I can't justify the added cost they want for their cases as they don't seem any better. Jeff is very forthcoming with any information you want to know about his cases. Great to deal with as well.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife has several of Jeff's cases, one canvas and the other leather and both are decent cases. She also has the cleaning rods and accessories, which are also good quality. They are not Huey cases, but they don't cost like Huey cases.

I'd have no hesitation to buy anything I needed from Jeff.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have both Jeff's and CSMC cases, as well as several others including Emmebi. The Jeff's and CSMC are both nice cases, totally different look, so you might choose based on aesthetics. The Jeff's cases are a better value and give you more choices for size and details. The Emmebis are the nicest cases I own, and those labeled Emmebi are at least a notch above both Jeff's and the basic CSMC units. Emmebi also made/makes cases for various gun manufacturers (Beretta, FabArms, probably others), without the Emmebi label, and those can be real bargains since you are going to make your own label anyway. Some of the older (20 years?) Browning leather cases are very nice if you can figure out how to deal with the Buckmark logo. Not talking about the Hartmann or Airway cases, but the ones that Browning probably sourced from China. If you can find a Parker Repro case at a decent price, that would also be a way to go.

Add: Jeff always has a Black Friday sale, so get on his mailing list. Usually a few different cases on sale.

Last edited by Replacement; 11/08/19 10:11 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Same here I have a couple of Jeff's cases, just picked up one for a 3 barrel set I have. Nice cases and as others have said Jeff will answer any of your questions. I would not hesitate buying another case or accessories from him.

I like your idea of the art work in the case. One thing to keep in mind. If you are looking at the true trunk case it would work just fine but if you are looking at the case there the handle is on the side, the barrels will move around a bit and might damage a painting on the inside if used on a regular basis.

Jeff also has oil bottles, bore pulls and rods as well as other accessories for cases. He has some labels as well and although not on his site his catalog indicates he will make custom leather labels as well....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don,
I'm glad that you brought up the topic of Jeff's labels, as he uses the same leather as his cases to make the labels so they will match the case. I have one of his cases for one of my Merkels with a matching case label inside that looks great.
Karl

Last edited by Karl Graebner; 11/08/19 10:52 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wow, fantastic info everyone, thanks! I didn't know Jeff would custom make a label too. That's a bonus. Great point about barrels knocking around inside the case too. I'm sure I can figure something out..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff's cases are really good

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another one pleased with Jeff's cases including cleaning rods and accessories.

Not sure about this year but in the past he has very decent black Friday sales for a week or so. Sign up on his website for his newsletter and if he does a sale you will get an email about it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeffs cases are very nicely built and a good price. Dont forget to check GI. I just bought a very nice canvas and leather case from Tim Palla off GI. Good guy. It was 99% original condition for about half price.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.