March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dale May, NZHunter, SKB, 1 invisible), 308 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know that, George- thought about having "Da Swede" from Brainard, MN-- but that would have been too easy. There is a hidden meaning in my selection of Regina as the local of this North Woods based story- see if you can spot it, if you like a challenge-- Foxy..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too obscure for me Fox.
Best...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you can find it, try Goddards Dry Clean for oil and other stains/spots. While in college, long ago, I worked in a high-end men's clothing store and the tailors used Goddards to get out stains on wool suits. Spray Goddards on the spot and let it dry to white powder, then brush lightly and vacuum off. Was hard to find last time I bought it and may be unavailable because it actually works. Pretty sure it contains carbon tetrachloride.

Sidelock
Sidelock

O! NO!!! Carbon Tetrachloride now that will really upset the I want to live for ever Brigade. It belongs with the other Demonised items like Mercury, Lead, Alcohol, Nicotine. and not forgetting those hallucinogenic substances I remember fondly from my youth. Sometimes I do feel sorry for the folks coming along after my visit to this Blue Planit is over, there will be no fun in living for them!!

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I suspect a product called Carbona will work similar to Goddard's. and it is easy to find.
I just checked and it appears the old Carbona oil stain remover may not be available - all their stain removers now seem to be prewash. I suspect the old product was discontinued because of the ingredients.

Last edited by cpa; 11/18/19 03:06 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Blue Planit?? I realise you Limey Lads have some different spellings for words in the King's English- but surely you mean planet, not planit, righto?? Foxy

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well fox you are not wrong my word processor decided to use ‘Planit’ a website I was viewing moments before my reply, also it does insist on taking the letter ‘U’ out of Colour and Aluminium so I will have some stern words with it. As for your use of the word Limey to describe folks living in the British Isles, and I can see that impish gleam in tour eye from here. I would reconsider its use because we are mot like you Yanks (a term I will apologise for now) three quarters of the people living here come from different countries Scotland, Ireland , Wales the folks who live there are not English and the word ‘Limey’ refers to an Englishman and not people of those countries that are part of the British Isles. Now I do suggest you give your word ‘Limey’ a try on an Irish gentleman enjoying himself on St Patricks day after he has passed a number of pints of the “Black Stuff” down his neck I would take an odds on bet that you would be in line for a windfall from the toothfairy. As for myself I am also not English, Liverpool should have given you a clue, since the days of the potato famine Liverpool is as always been known as the unofficial capital of Ireland, so I am sure it has dawned on your good self now that I am of Irish decent so as a Liverpudlian you san call me a Scouser but not ‘Limey’. Now as for your faux pas using ‘the Kings English’ we don’t have a King at the moment he slipped of his mortal coil in February 1952 Kung George VI though it may have escaped your notice that we have had a Queen since then ‘Elizabeth R’ and the English spoken today is the Queens English. Just one more little piece of information before I call an end to this, the English language is not a fixed language like many others it absorbs words from many countries of the world so it is always expanding and changing in consequence many English words we use today King George VI would not have understood a large number of them, so in consequence the English spoken is always referred to as the living Monarchs English.
Fox we are not all perfect including your good self so that apt Brit saying "Let sleeping dogs lie" is worth keeping to occasionally.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A bit of trivia here in regards to Liverpool. The final lowering & Surrender of the Confederate Flag took place Nov 6, 1865, when Captain James I Waddell sailed the CSS Shenandoah into the Liverpool harbor & surrendered to English Authorities.

The Shenandoah had incidentally been built & fitted out in England.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Could I just ad one more piece of Liverpool Trivia? The ship "Alabama" was built in Liverpool By Laird's, it was used in your civil falling out with each other.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Also as I recall I believe Liverpool is where Peter Tate began making clothing. He is credited with making some of the Finest Uniforms ever worn by a Confederate Soldier. These were actually purchased by the state of Alabama & not the confederacy itself.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.