March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dan R), 819 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, I have heard different people say that coils are faster than flat springs and vice versa. To be safe, some of mine use both. I find light and heavy hammers in all models, but hammers get swapped around so much, it's hard to know what the truth is. I have one custom hammer that floats amongst my rifles.

Block styles are another thing that moves around between rifles, especially the lowwalls.

They are plenty strong without being obsessively heavy. Winchester used them for many years as their test bed for newer, more powerful cartridges.

All in all, the 1885 is the very pinnacle of American rifle making. Of world rifle making for that matter. But that's just my opinion.

Pin hole size is an issue to some, but I do not dabble in smokeless, so I don't really care, except it means I need twice as many spare pins.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a complete flat-side Low Wall in .32 Short I'm thinking of letting go of. #47465, Contact me if interested?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup, me too bill, are you planning on hunkering through the fall season? Hey, not long ago I reeled in my best smallie in years in your great home state. I had the sense right when it hit, nice size female right off her bed. Didn't really mean to do that, got her eased back in looking nice and perky.

You've seen the numbers, good reason is here ain't it? The pajama crowd at wally mart never missed a beat, the ppe of choice of insincere shelter in placers.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I plan to spend a lot of the fall out of doors. Last hunting season was mostly deer and elk. I want to do some bird hunting this coming season if I'm still here and able. I've heard encouraging news about pheasants this spring. I'm not into bucket lists, but I really would like to shoot a bird or two with a muzzle- loader. Cheers.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know its regional and therere many factors Ill never understand, but Ive been seeing an unusually high number of incidental pheasant while out doing other stuff. The waterfowl seem(?) to be doing there thing up in the potholes. Maybe, last winter was relatively mild, doesnt mean anything, but I havent noticed quite as many predators. Maybe, I have to get my eyes checked.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
I plan to spend a lot of the fall out of doors. Last hunting season was mostly deer and elk. I want to do some bird hunting this coming season if I'm still here and able. I've heard encouraging news about pheasants this spring. I'm not into bucket lists, but I really would like to shoot a bird or two with a muzzle- loader. Cheers.

Muzzleloading for pheasants is a PITA in my opinion, but several friends do not share that opinion and do it regularly. The one thing that makes this bearable for a cartridge shooter is for the muzzleloader guy to be very well versed in how he is going to reload in the field. NOthing is worse than waiting on a muzzleloader to reload while the dogs are hot, the birds are running, and the moment is at hand.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Brent, I wouldn't expect a partner to wait on me. And in my experience from the past few years, finding birds is the challenge, not loading fast enough to get them all.

Bill Ferguson
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.