March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (RWG, Longknife, Der Ami, jcn, ksauers1, Jtplumb), 824 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,018
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I was an apprentice one of the apprentice auto spray painters used to get the titty girl magazine pages & spray the wall with clear coat, then slap the page on that & spray a couple more coats on top.
They were good for years.

O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glue it on the wall with wallpaper glue just like any wallpaper job. Then spray it with lacquer. One or two cans should do it. Test it first.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Stan,
The copyright owner might come after you if you were selling copies of his work, but not a copy for personal use. For that amount, he couldn't pay is lawyer to compose the letter( or buy the stamp to send it). You don't need to worry.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you want to glue it to some backing do so then visit a car detailing/decal place and get a clear plastic film to go over it. You could get the thin stuff they put on windows or the heavier they put on the vehicle body that protects from rocks etc

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Lots of good ideas. Thanks to all.

After its done I'll resurrect this thread and post a picture.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Only a thought or two. If it's not a particularly valuable map and you want to mount it on a sheet of ply, maybe you could trim the map to four feet wide? Maybe, use white faced MDF so it doesn't telegraph color or grain. I'd suspect any glue or other curing finish would make paper a tad translucent, and quality smooth ply or five foot wide ply might get pricey just to get covered up. I know sheet products can be edge joined, but it'll take fiddling not to telegraph the joint.

For tidying it up, someone could neatly tack some plainish 1/4" trim around the edge to 'frame' it, just as if someone might want to cover the layers of ply that would show on the edge. If there's some map legend or other desireable info that gets trimmed off. It might be able to be repositioned on some featureless part of the map off of the river. I've saved a smaller map to do similar at some point only for sentimental reasons, and it wouldn't bother me if someone has to chuck it in a dumpster down the road. Best of luck with it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wallpaper paste. Made for the job. Then lacquer.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

Might not should copy it, Mike. It can be bought today, and there might be some copyright protection, or something like that, on it.

Thanks, SRH

Want we should take up a collection fer ya....

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd be cautious of using lacquer and try to find some non yellowing if I went that way.

Been using Aquaseal Map Seal on my topo quads for almost 50 years now. And my first maps done with it are still good to go today.

Map Seal Liquid Aquaseal

Depends on how porous the paper your map is printed on, it may take a couple of bottles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.