April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (bushveld, oskar, KDGJ, Jtplumb, battle, 1 invisible), 450 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#560221 12/11/19 09:27 PM
Sidelock
OP Online Embarrased
Sidelock

Got a letter in the mail today from the State of Iowa presenting me with a speeding ticket from some camera speed trap somewhere near Des Moines.

Cost me 65$.

I don't even know if I was driving when the picture was taken.

They'll probably send me another shakedown threatening to tell my insurance company if I don't take their online "Driver responsibility" class for a couple hundred more.

Brown's probably behind this.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Only $65? Count yourself lucky.

You can get charged $65 around here for sneezing out an open window.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Who is Brown?

Watch out in Cedar Rapids. They fund their city budgets the same way.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Who is Brown?

I dont know if that was on purpose or not but its funny either way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: BrentD
Who is Brown?

I dont know if that was on purpose or not but its funny either way.

not really

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

That's the problem when the police become revenue producers:

The only speeding ticket I've gotten in 60 years of driving was 12 years ago in South Carolina on the afternoon before Thanksgiving... Cruising with speed control set at 55 I entered a long straight noticing a small sticker posted on the speed limit sign. The cop claimed it was a work zone and speed limit was reduced to 45. I got points...the trial was set the day after Christmas...and when I got to the "work site" 3 miles up the road, no one was working,

That hardly matches what you'd get along 301 in North Florida...a solid belt of "plunder the driver". Waldo finally disbanded its police force since it had no reason to exist except to harass. And God help you in Lodovici, Jawja in the early 1960's... There was an infamous light there that would turn green on 301 (before I-95 existed) for 5 seconds.

I really think this sort of highway "stand and deliver" robbery lowers the esteem of Americans for the police; the law enforcement agencies should be taken out of the "you've got to produce revenue" management category.

As for speed cameras...in France over the past year during the "Gilet Jaunes" Yellow Vest protests...the first things they went after were the speed cameras.

Last edited by Argo44; 12/11/19 11:45 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

$65.00 for speeding is dirt cheap. Be thankful you weren't driving in a State with a Liberal Left Democrat controlled legislature. The absolute lowest fine for a moving violation in my state is $120.00 for not using your turn signal. Speeding will lighten your wallet at least another $40.00.

I fought a speeding ticket a the District Magistrate level several years ago, and lost. Then I appealed it to the Common Pleas Court level, and lost again. Both judges totally disregarded evidence, and the certificate of calibration for the speed timing device was both expired and totally invalid. But I was representing myself, and got the satisfaction of tying up a Courtroom in the County Courthouse, the Judge, Prosecutor, a bailiff, a stenographer, and the cop who ticketed me, for over an hour and fifteen minutes. Their combined wages exceeded my fine. I was going to appeal further to Superior Court, but when I went to file the appeal, I was informed that even if I won, my court costs were not refundable. And the costs were equal to the fine. In other words, the deck is stacked against you whether you pay a lawyer or not. Even if you win, you still lose. But it was entertaining and educational... And I had a lot of fun pissing off the cop and the prosecutor. The judge kept telling me wouldn't grant my numerous motions for dismissal on the grounds that they were incompetent. But I think he agreed with me, and delayed his ruling. I was informed by mail three months after the hearing. Thought I nailed it. Damn.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Online Embarrased
Sidelock

Just teasing Ol' Lar', Brent.

Maybe he'll dig in his heels, and take until next summer to convince me it was for my own good.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's Ludowici, Gene, and it really was a notorious speed trap before I-95 came into being.

Only ticket I ever went to court with I beat, on behalf of my son. He was driving his pickup in town and I was riding with him, in the front passenger seat. There was a city cop car right in front of us as we approached a stoplight. There was another car real close behind. The cop rolled through the yellow. My son quickly asked me "Stop or go?", to which I replied "Go". As we went under it it was still yellow, but turned red so that the car behind us had to stop.

The cop immediately put his blue lights on and motioned us over to the curb. We pulled up behind him and he walked back to address my son, asking for his license. He then began to write him a citation for running a red light. I spoke up and said it wasn't red, it was yellow, that I had watched as we went under it. He replied "I didn't see it but it had to have been red because it was yellow when I went under it". I grinned and told my son to sign the ticket. As we drove away I said "We're going to court on this one".

On court day we waited as two or three dozen before us pled either "no lo contendere" or "guilty". My son pled "not guilty", which got raised eyebrows from the judge, who asked his side of the story. Judge asked if he had witnesses. I walked up, told the judge what the officer had said. He looked at the officer and asked if that was true. Officer nodded yes. Judge dismissed the case.

I warned my son to watch his Ps and Qs in town, because cops don't particularly like being shown up in court.

As for speeding inside the city limits ....... you now cannot be ticketed for it in GA unless you are more than 10 mph above the posted limit. Only exception is the GA State Patrol. They can ticket at any speed over the posted speed limit. I hold the GSP in high esteem ............. not so much local city cops.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.