May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Tim Wolf), 508 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: tut

I spend a good bit of time on UJ forum. Brad (the moderator) doesn't put up with any political stuff at all. If you post anything of that nature your gone. His house his rules. Makes it pretty civil, which is a plus. Much more on dogs and hunting as compared to this forum for sure. I also spend time on the Parker Forum and Fox Forums. I'm only here about twice a week.

There is only one problem with gun and hunting forums that ban political commentary. And that is the unfortunate fact that guns, hunting, and politics are intertwined, and Liberal Left Democrat politicians are constantly attempting to take away more and more of our gun rights.

Anyone who denies this reality is foolish or dishonest.

Anyone who wishes to avoid this reality, and pretend it won't affect our gun rights has their head in the sand... or worse.

And for some odd reason, it tends to be liberals who have the greatest desire to stifle the truth about those politicians who are infringing on the gun rights of law abiding citizens.

Keith's post is exactly correct. Pleasant as UJ or 16 Ga may be, their banning of political discussion hastens the demise of firearm ownership as well as the end of hunting. While many would prefer not to think about it, gun ownership and hunting are political acts. It wasn't always that way but the antis have created the environment where it is.

I gotta have a beer with this guy someday, preferably after a long day grouse hunting.
A Canadian who gets it.

Brent, you b1tch constantly about the board. You dont like the politics (well, one side of the politics, from what I see you post, anyway) the money you spent, or, whatever.
So, leave already. Dont announce it, nobody cares.
But, for all of the faults here, there is really nothing like doublegunshop anywhere else on the web. Im sure you are clueless about the breadth and depth of firearms knowledge here, not entirely your fault, because most of the English gunmakers, US historians, and writers dont use their actual names.
Dave, thankfully, in my opinion, edits very little off the board. Everyone has a voice. Id wager my left gonad he is sick to death of whiners PMing him about how fed up they are with this or that.

Man up, for crying out loud.

If it sucks so bad, start your own board.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

And once again, James and DM Colonial, two Canadian gun guys, have a greater understanding and appreciation for gun rights than the majority of U.S. gun owners.

This needs to change if our kids and grandchildren are to have any hope of enjoying shooting, hunting, and gun ownership.

EDIT-- Thank you Ted. Well said... Grand Slam outta the park Home Run!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, Keith, it may be easier to understand up here. We have no 2cd, so it's constantly an existential threat. Mind you, we still have our share of fudds's and appeasers, taking their lead from both Elmer and Neville. Hard to believe history's lessons are so easily forgotten.

Ted, we'll do that one day. I'd like nothing better. laugh

Last edited by canvasback; 01/05/20 06:08 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

James,
Bring a 16 gauge. Bring a 2 1/2 16. Ill buy your ammunition. We can likely get Lloyd to hang out with us as well.

Best,
Ted

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

UJ is taking new members, I was just approved.

I'm not going anywhere, I have been a member here since the old board in the 90's but I disagree that this board has the most knowledgeable membership on the net, maybe once in the past but many of the those posters no longer contribute here due to the complete lack of decorum.

There are other places on the net that people like Michael Louca, Chris Batha, Diggory, Phil Cogan, Kirk Merrington, Kieth Thomas, Peter Higgins, etc contribute and that place is not doublegunshop any longer.

I do not complain to Dave, never have and never will, but the decline of quality posters on this board can not be denied.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Brent, you b1tch constantly about the board. You dont like the politics (well, one side of the politics, from what I see you post, anyway) the money you spent, or, whatever.
So, leave already. Dont announce it, nobody cares.
But, for all of the faults here, there is really nothing like doublegunshop anywhere else on the web. Im sure you are clueless about the breadth and depth of firearms knowledge here, not entirely your fault, because most of the English gunmakers, US historians, and writers dont use their actual names.
Dave, thankfully, in my opinion, edits very little off the board. Everyone has a voice. Id wager my left gonad he is sick to death of whiners PMing him about how fed up they are with this or that.

Man up, for crying out loud.

If it sucks so bad, start your own board.

Best,
Ted

Yup, Ted, I b1tch (not sure about the constantly part) because I can't fix this mess myself. Figured that if more people bitched to Dave, maybe Dave would man up, put his big-boy pants on and do what needs doing. What needs doing is pretty obvious and easy. Meanwhile, the forum becomes less and less, not more and more. I think even you would agree, this place has lost a LOT more than it has gained in the way of quality discussions and participants. And I think we would even agree as to exactly why. But so it goes.

Dave will never get another dime from me, and I have no respect for him at all. He made the rule, "The rules are really simple: Stay on the subject matter, keep it clean, and contribute answers when you can!" but a rule that isn't enforced, isn't really a rule at all. Is it?

So, if you are happy with the state of affairs, you can [censored] at me. I'm not happy with the state of affairs so I will [censored] at Dave.

If nothing else changes, I think we can all see where this is headed. And you want to [censored] at me. Go ahead. It won't change anything. Or you could "man up" about it for crying out loud...

Carry on.

Last edited by BrentD; 01/06/20 09:29 AM.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I still come to this website for the double gun knowledge. But the hilarious posts by SKB Stevie and BrentD above show that there is also entertainment, great fiction, and a window into the mind of dishonest hypocrites.

You can learn about double guns here... but there is no where else that you can learn so much about people... if you pay attention to details.

Both of these pretend gentlemen, SKB and BrentD, have many time engaged in vulgar personal attacks, and they are among the very small minority here who conspired with their equally slimy and spineless pal Bob Cash to engage in internet doxxing. Internet doxxing is the practice of attempted intimidation by posting someone's personal information of the web.

It is also a violation of the rules of this forum. So to once again see BrentD preaching his utter bullshit about breaking of rules is precious. BrentD was personally attacking people here before I ever registered on this site. I have posted QUOTES of his attacks on Lowell Glenthorne to show his behavior is nothing new. I can also name several guys who decided to quit posting here because of them and attacks from other disingenuous and dishonest Liberals.

I don't think that anyone has posted the kind of disgusting vulgar filthy trash that their liberal pal nca225 has posted here... yet if you go back through their posts, you will never find one word of complaint about that.

Here is what I told ed good yesterday about the self-described gentlemen who wring their hands and preach about civility and decorum here on Doublegunshop:

Originally Posted By: keith
I never stopped ed... even though some of the liberals here have gone to extreme lengths to try to stop me. They have cried and bitched to Dave. They have conspired and engaged in internet doxxing. They have sent anonymous intimidation mail to my home. They have done extensive internet searches trying to find dirt on me. And they even called me on the phone screaming vulgar threats.

These are the sick bastards that preach about how nice and civilized it is on Upland Journal

Think about that ed.

I did predict a couple weeks ago that BrentD would soon start his whiny estrogen fueled campaign to encourage people to stop financially supporting this site. Looks like I nailed that one!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
UJ is taking new members, I was just approved.

I'm not going anywhere, I have been a member here since the old board in the 90's but I disagree that this board has the most knowledgeable membership on the net, maybe once in the past but many of the those posters no longer contribute here due to the complete lack of decorum.

There are other places on the net that people like Michael Louca, Chris Batha, Diggory, Phil Cogan, Kirk Merrington, Kieth Thomas, Peter Higgins, etc contribute and that place is not doublegunshop any longer.

I do not complain to Dave, never have and never will, but the decline of quality posters on this board can not be denied.

An esteemed list, to be sure. However, I doubt ANYONE on that list could tell you anything about a Hoenig, a Syracuse, a Tobin, a Dactu, a Fransique Darne, a Baker, and more than a few others.

You will need to come here, for that.

Sadly, a lot of who was here, didnt leave because of strife, they left because of age.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted the age issue can't be avoided, but the other issue is not only avoidable, but probably a bigger factor by quite a bit and it is TOTALLY controllable.

To each his own, but Dave will see no more of my money. I just spent it on UJ today.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just looked at the rules on Upland Journal Forum...

If Stevie SKB or BrentD posted many of the things they have posted here on that forum, and if they had engaged in the same cowardly internet doxxing they have done here... they would have been tossed out on their lying hypocritical asses!

Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.