September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online
6 registered (Ian (WI), Jeff L., SKB, susjwp, 2 invisible), 7 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13885 Members
10 Forums
34795 Topics
488015 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#562079 - 01/06/20 03:34 PM Wanted: nickel oval shield
B. Graham Offline
Sidelock

Loc: Durham NC
Galzan's is out, and a new one is needed. Anyone have a new, or very nice used, nickel oval shield for sale?

Thank you.

#562098 - 01/06/20 05:59 PM Re: Wanted: nickel oval shield [Re: B. Graham]
DAM16SXS Offline
Sidelock

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Check with Brian Dudley at BMDgunstocks.com

#562106 - 01/06/20 07:49 PM Re: Wanted: nickel oval shield [Re: DAM16SXS]
cpa Offline
Sidelock

NECG offers one made by Recknagle. Listed under Odds and Ends @ $34.

Edited by cpa (01/06/20 07:54 PM)

#562111 - 01/06/20 08:53 PM Re: Wanted: nickel oval shield [Re: B. Graham]
mark Offline
Sidelock

Loc: Wisconsin
Bill are you filling a hole where on is missing or adding one where it never existed?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/marksbornagainbirdgunsllc-.cfm

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS !

#562114 - 01/06/20 09:19 PM Re: Wanted: nickel oval shield [Re: mark]
B. Graham Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mark
Bill are you filling a hole where on is missing or adding one where it never existed?

Hi Mark. I’m having on replaced in an English pigeon gun that is too thin at the edges.

#562117 - 01/06/20 09:31 PM Re: Wanted: nickel oval shield [Re: B. Graham]
Ghostrider Offline
Sidelock

Bill the best fit in my opinion will be to buy a small piece of flat stock ( Sterling or nickel silver)from a jeweler and hand fashion an exact fit or slightly larger and then inlay the new oval.
I have had a local jeweler that specializes in custom sterling jewelry make many of these for me.

#562147 - 01/07/20 10:23 AM Re: Wanted: nickel oval shield [Re: B. Graham]
redoak Offline
Sidelock

Loc:
Bill,

I have a thin (.020") rectangular piece of Nickel Silver that is just big enough for an oval, I think. I could it send to you. Let me know.

Now sure why it is called Nickel silver, there is no silver in it, it is an alloy of copper and nickel, and maybe some zinc.

It sure is difficult to saw cut, for some reason.

#562161 - 01/07/20 12:30 PM Re: Wanted: nickel oval shield [Re: Ghostrider]
B. Graham Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ghostrider
Bill the best fit in my opinion will be to buy a small piece of flat stock ( Sterling or nickel silver)from a jeweler and hand fashion an exact fit or slightly larger and then inlay the new oval.
I have had a local jeweler that specializes in custom sterling jewelry make many of these for me.

Good plan. I don't have a relationship with a jeweler at this time, but will explore forging one. Thanks.

#562175 - 01/07/20 03:53 PM Re: Wanted: nickel oval shield [Re: B. Graham]
pod Offline
Sidelock

Get a worn out silver halve dollar or silver dollar from a coin shop and have one made. Pittsboro has a first sunday and the artist you seek are there and if you give them the pattern im sure the piece can be made. I'm not sure what time in the day it starts but that can be found out.

#562192 - 01/07/20 09:23 PM Re: Wanted: nickel oval shield [Re: redoak]
Stan Offline
Sidelock

Loc: somwers in Jawja
Originally Posted By: redoak
Bill,

I have a thin (.020") rectangular piece of Nickel Silver that is just big enough for an oval, I think. I could it send to you. Let me know.

Now sure why it is called Nickel silver, there is no silver in it, it is an alloy of copper and nickel, and maybe some zinc.

It sure is difficult to saw cut, for some reason.

It's also called German silver, commonly used as inlays and furniture on muzzleloaders. I personally would not use it for a nice doublegun shield. It doesn't look the same, IMO. I'd use an old coin to make it, too, if I could not buy one ready made out of real (sterling) silver.

SRH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.