March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (NCTarheel, Marc Ret, Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 338 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,003
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
You want white gangs, you will find them on motorcycles, typically.

Best,
Ted

Let me guess. Harleys.

I wish Honda would bring this to the States.

https://youtu.be/SV8ViqTBwOE

You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
You want white gangs, you will find them on motorcycles, typically.

Best,
Ted

Let me guess. Harleys.

I wish Honda would bring this to the States.

https://youtu.be/SV8ViqTBwOE

You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

I like these things, no need for speed for me and very similar to the Triumph I had in college.

https://www.royalenfield.com/us/en/motorcycles/bullet-500/

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like them too, but if I was going the parallel twin route Id just spend the extra money and get the Triumph.

Like the CB1100ex and the Kawi Z900rs...just too much bike now.
CB650r is close but no cigar.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

You dont always find the motorcycle gangers on Harleys. You did, at one time.
That has changed.
The Hells Outcasts were founded in St. Paul. Until they were mostly busted a decade or so ago, the El Forsteros were the bad guys we saw the most of.

I rode a 1995 750 GSXR to both coasts. I also did the same thing on a 1991 FJ 1200, a bike Id still own if I knew then what I know now. I rode the FJ to Monterey to partake in Keith Codes California Superbike School. School bikes were Suzuki 600 Katanas with the back brake disconnected.

I havent had a bike since my kid was born. Might need a chiropractor to get me off a gixer, if I rode for a day, now. Doesnt mean I wouldnt like to try, chasing the sunset across the plains, one more time.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
Originally Posted By: canvasback
Nca, there is no pot and kettle here. Just a dope trying to score points by making a logical leap that doesnt work. Sorry buddy. Better luck next time.

My apologies Cback, I had thought by addressing you respectfully, you might have avoided name calling and making it personal. I'm disappointed to see that I was wrong. Nonetheless, no need to respond in kind.

However, having conceded that I made a "logical leap", your conclusion that it doesn't work isn't supported, by either how you prefaced the comment or by the facts highlighted in your back and forth with Ted and keith; dividing people into groups, just as you were complaining about being done to gun owners.

Hence the pot and the kettle.

If you wish to avoid being culpable of the same behavior your complaining of, I suggest that the first step is to recognize that your engaging in it as well and look for common ground to connect, as opposed to divide.

Wow, look at the mess you get into when I go away for 24 hours. Name calling? Sorry I hurt your feelings with the word "dope". But your posts are dopey. Your efforts at entrapment are dopey. Others might use far more pejorative terms. I prefer dope and dopey because...well.....they are fairly benign. I call my 15 yo son a dope when he does something dopey. He's a teenager. Lots of dopey stuff going on. I call my girlfriend a dope when she does something dopey. Neither get upset. Usually they recognize their own dopiness and we laugh about it.

But your dopiness goes beyond your current efforts at "gotcha" journalism. It's that you even post here at all.

You sit quietly in the weeds until something political strikes your fancy and then you post something, thinking you've nailed someone. Me, Keith, Ted, jOe.....whoever. No questions about doubles. No pics of your hunting exploits. No thoughtful answers to other's questions. Simply shit disturbing.

Much as I may disagree with Keith about his tactics, and surely even a contrarian like you would have to agree that Keith and I are clearly not "aligned" when it comes to tactics, at least Keith contributes to the knowledge base here. His posts on double gun subjects are as thorough as are his posts deriding you. One of his regular targets, SKB, is clearly a skilled smith and regularly shares information here. While I clearly have a lot to learn when compared to those two gentlemen, I ask questions here. I contribute what little I can. You? You shit disturb. That's all.

So what's your point? That you disagree with the rest of us? We got that. You may win an argument sometime? Maybe, but not here. Really nca, why are you here? It's an existential question you should give some thought to. Because your answer can go one of two way. It can be that you like to invite abuse. If that is it, I think it would be wise to seek counseling. Or it may be that you think your argumentative leftist bleatings will sway some here. In which case I still think you should seek counseling.

I advised you years ago to seek common ground. To refrain from intemperate outbursts. You decided to reject that advice and follow your own path.

We reap what we sow. My guess is there are a few people here that most of the rest of the board wouldn't cross the street to have a cup of coffee with. Judging by the reaction to my posts over the years, I think I could travel to just about any state in the Union and meet a friend from Doublegun. That's why I am here. To enjoy the company and learn about doubles.

I've found my common ground.

Edit to add: For the sake of accuracy, please note that while there was a "back and forth" between myself and Ted and Craig at various points in this thread....there was no back and forth between Keith and me. I made my comments and Keith made his.

Last edited by canvasback; 01/12/20 09:48 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

You dont always find the motorcycle gangers on Harleys. You did, at one time.
That has changed.
The Hells Outcasts were founded in St. Paul. Until they were mostly busted a decade or so ago, the El Forsteros were the bad guys we saw the most of.

I hear the Serbian hackers are bad in the greater Pulaski metro area wink

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Funny you should say that. There was a honky tonk, Povlitskis, right down the road, that was frequented by an afore mentioned 1% organization. Only gang colors I ever saw at that establishment, and I dont know if that is something that was worked out with ownership, or not-I spent plenty of time in the joint.
The Feds actually came to town and I never saw an El Forsdero again. But this area has a lot of 1% organizations in it, and they dont seem to make the headlines with any regularity.
The dudes all look old, and rough. Wouldnt you think everybody has to grow up at some point?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
....Or it may be that you think your argumentative leftist bleatings will sway some here. In which case I still think you should seek counseling.

I advised you years ago to seek common ground. To refrain from intemperate outbursts. You decided to reject that....

I suspect that it doesnt make much sense to try reasoning with lefties. Their purpose might be looked at not from their point of view, but only for understanding what it takes to win an election.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

James: Profound words for nca225. We very-much do reap what we sow. Come to Denver sometime and I'll prove you right.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 01/12/20 02:31 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

NCA doesn't agree with most of us here. He insists upon his right to do that. He is 100% unsuccessful in his attempt to sway anyone's opinions here.

However, he believes he is in a majority position in the USA. Some cite "polls" to "prove" that. Numerically, our President came in second in the last election.

Thank Heavens the democratic party is doing all it can do to boost President Trump's numbers and guarantee his reelection this year. I say let NCA do his thing because he's helping...Geo

Damn, I posted in a political discussion!

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.