April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (KY Jon, earlyriser, FlyChamps, Kolar Dickson, 2 invisible), 875 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,833
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee Preacher, you sound paranoid about someone misrepresenting your precious PDF.

So why did you misrepresent yourself when you first told us that the contamination at the point of this barrel rupture was ferrous contamination, but then later it magically became manganese sulfide inclusions? Is that an unfair question?

Too bad that you didn't post the first Southern Barrel Burst thread... where you came to such such totally incorrect theories about the possible cause. I told you almost exactly what Dewey Vicknair told you, but you couldn't begin to be man enough to admit that I was right and you were so very wrong. Instead, you ridiculed me for making an observation without metallurgical analysis, that turned out to be correct. But when Dewey made the same observations, you had no similar criticism for him.

Is that caused by excess acid in your soul or something?

Oh, sorry, I keep forgetting that when I point out your many errors, that is evidence that I have the acid in my soul. Also self loathing, and am in dire need of counseling and your disingenuous and hypocritical Bible quotes. Did I miss anything? I loved that last one where you wailed this from your blasphemer's pulpit:

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
By the power of the blood of the Jesus, with whom you claim to have a relationship, and from whom you are repelling anyone seeking to know Him, you can be freed from the your bondage.

Sounds something like Charleton Heston overdosing on estrogen! I sure hope that wasn't copyrighted. But I did attribute it to the disingenuous and clearly unhinged Preacher who wrote it, so it should be OK.

Is it time for your pictures of the little girl from Guatemala, or pics of your dead dog yet? Dead dog pics always gin-up lots of sympathy from the people that you still have fooled.

Oh yes... one other little thing...

My opinion was that the barrel failed because of the critical juncture of 3 factors:
An over-pressure (re)load.
A defective braze of the top rib extension wedge to barrel.
Inclusions (possibly a large inclusion) in the barrel wall.

"Possibly a large inclusion"???? Holy crap... A blind man could have found it by the braille method! Dewey Vicknair drew an arrow pointing to it and said, (as I also said) "Clearly, the failure initiated here." But what else would we expect from a self-styled shotgun barrel expert like you, who actually argued for days that lengthening the chambers of our vintage doubles could actually increase the barrel wall thickness at the end of the lengthened chamber?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

re: the Herter's load. I looked in my files and couldn't find the source of the high pressure report. I believe it was from the 16g Reloading Group, but some years ago.

Here is another post from 16g.com
http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22189&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
"Tom Armburst test (of) Factory Herters 1oz #8s a couple years back Fps right around 1200, PSI right at 11500."

Obviously batches vary. The shooter gave me some unused factory loads which I did not send for pressure testing since the blow-up load was a reload. He did not send me any of his reloads.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

re: the braze contamination below. It's complicated, and all I know is what the metallurgist and metallurgical engineer said. It should be obvious from the original thread that information and subsequent clarification came in over time.

150X SEM image of a contaminated region of the braze. EDX (Spectrum 1) showed the inclusions to be oxidized ferrous debris. The EDX are on the last page of the original thread

200X of the contamination (upper left) and oxidized steel (right) loaded with manganese sulfide inclusions

William: if you would please post your (real) name and email I would be happy to send you the report.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can send you William's email if need be smile

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have it Steve, but thanks.

re: "burnt" steel. "Burnt" steel has specific metallurgic criteria.

Back in 1895 it was diagnosed visually. "Tempering Of Steel Tools" in the lower right
https://books.google.com/books?id=NkdCAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA20&lpg

Google "The Overheating and Burning of Steel" by Ko Tsun. It is on the internet as a PDF but I couldn't link it.

http://www.engineeringenotes.com/metallu...etallurgy/25931
Overheating is due to the solution of MnS in austenite at high temperatures, and its subsequent precipitation during cooling as fine particles (0.5 – 1.0 µm) of MnS at austenite grain boundaries.
In ‘burning’, formation of a film of sulphur-rich liquid takes place at the austenite grain boundaries. The damage is total and permanent, as the steels than lose their ductility and disintegrate during deformation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... Baffle them with Bullshit! Right Preacher?

And pictures too! We must not forget the highly impressive pictures of steel that contains grain structure and inclusions... which you clearly don't understand.

There was no clarification that came in over time from you. There was a number of incorrect theories and immature behavior from you though. You still can't be a man and acknowledge that my conclusions about the probable cause of this barrel burst were almost exactly the same as the conclusions reached by Dewey Vicknair. It didn't take a rocket scientist or a trained metallurgist to see the obvious flaw and weak point in the barrel that ruptured. Anyone who had knowledge of brazing could use their brain to figure that a sound braze joint would help to support a section that was thin by design. Yet you felt the need to criticize me for advancing a probable root cause analysis without waiting for your precious lab findings... even though several other guys were giving their own incorrect theories. But being truthful wouldn't fit in with your narrative, and motivations, and sad need to discredit me, would it?

Manganese sulfide inclusions??? How very impressive ! Tell the folks here about the millions of Remington model 870 barrels that have manganese sulfide inclusions. Then tell them how Remington continued to use the same steel containing manganese sulfide, even after being sued over a small number of barrel bursts which most likely ocurred for causes totally unrelated to the steel they used. You would be a lot more credible if you didn't post such pure crap in a lame attempt to portray yourself as a shotgun barrel expert. Would it help if I posted some neat photomicrographs of bullshit?

By the way Preacher, why would you feel the need to ask for my full name and email address when you admit to SKB, the State Fruit of Colorado, that you already have it? Were you born being disingenuous, or was that an acquired trait?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just giving you (another) chance to not be a coward William. Lots more images in the METL report which you might enjoy...and the metallurgist and metallurgical engineer would certainly appreciate your opinion regarding the "bullshit" they documented. Their contact infro is in the report - they were willing to use their names and even signed it. Credibility and professionalism.

So if a lost person, without hope, was reading your posts here on the Forum, do you think they would say "That Keith is sure filled with love, joy and peace. Wonder why that is? He says he attends a Catholic church. Maybe I'll ask him to tell me about Jesus"?

Little chance of koinonia for us William, but I really am praying that by the power of the Holy Spirit you can find peace, healing and restoration.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now you know that's not what I asked you Preacher. I asked why you felt the need to ask for my full name and email address, when you then admitted to SKB, the Official State Fruit of Colorado, that you already had that information. Do you find Stevie's internet doxxing to be cowardly... or are you OK with that cowardly behavior? Pretty easy to see just who is being the disingenuous coward here.

And not at all surprising to see you once again hiding behind Jesus and the Bible again. What a fraud! Why don't you examine your own Christian behavior here... before casting stones?

And I've already seen what you've reported from the metallurgical analysis. The photomicrographs that you clearly do not understand add precious little to what was clearly evident to Dewey Vicknair and myself. I know you have this pathetic need to portray yourself as a shotgun barrel exprt, but you are never going to be another Dr. Oscar Gaddy. That would involve having intelligence and integrity.

Still obsessed with estrogen and gay slurs?

To answer your question above... no, that doesn't bother me at all. But it sure seems to hit awful close to home for you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow! I see your pal BrentD reading my post above. But BrentD says that he IGNORES my posts.

You Libtards are certainly a weird bunch. Do any of you have an ounce of integrity?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Drew!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.