April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (rwarren, eightbore, Mark Larson, FelixD), 1,074 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,853
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 46 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 45 46
Sidelock
Sidelock

She's a bracco Italiano. Just over a year old. She comes from your direction in the southern part of South Carolina.

I saw that video last year. Beautiful country. I think they are up near the Kisatchie National Forest. In fact, there are a few quail scattered about in there from what I hear.

The Basin area I hunted yesterday morning looked more like this, but not as thick. https://youtu.be/Ts_tkCe5i6w

Jim
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim,
Congratulations, your son has what we up here call Woodcock Fever.
I've had it ever since my first one!
Karl

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

We are done!  In Georgia, that is.  Billy, Floyd, MuttPak, Sadie and Pop hunted today it being the last day in the season.  My gun was undeserving to be in the photo.  We had 15 flushes including a covey.  That's 5 coveys we've found in various places.  We've never had  a more successful season if one measures success by birds brought to hand.  But that's not all that makes a season a success. Having folks willing to share their land and having an enthusiastic hunting partner and friend and friends we take with us make all the difference in the world.  Not to mention, but I will, good dogs. Already looking forward to next year but we have until the 31st in SC.  For the MuttPak, Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great job Gil! I didn't make the time to go once. Shame on me

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

We took the MuttPak of mine plus Sadie and Pop to Floyd's cousin's in SC. A lot of exploratory work produced nothing, but one new spot yielded two good points in tough spots but with predictable results. Moving to the Brier Patch, I geared up with my Brier Shirt and Gloves and turkey hunting shears. Of course once suited up, birds killed were in the open but not before opening up my right ear with a nasty cut. Next year the shears may be replaced with a machete or heavy duty weed whacker if we feel desperate enough to hunt the Brier Patch. Those or a Hannibal Lechter styled mask. A straight jacket may also be appropriate for even thinking of going back in there.

After not being able to keep accurate track of flushes, I found this vintage game counter. On side is "Faisane" and "Perdrix", French for pheasant and partridge. Other side has "Lievres" and "Lapine" for Hare and Doe (rabbit). Each category has up to 30 clicks in one direction only and this year with Billy we spun past 30 once to 5 reflecting 35 flushes on one trip. Note it shows 8 clicks on "Faisane" . That's where I keep track of doodle flushes reflecting some success at finding birds yesterday.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yesterday morning after a short hunt in green timber in the flooded L 'Anguille River bottoms in Arkansas, using the BSS and steel. It was real hard hunting there this week. Ducks are hung up on flooded corn in Missouri. Early flights are all you're getting, over each morning by about 7:45.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice greenheads, Stan. Your picture reminds me of how muddy the water is in Arkansas. After a few days hunting, all your clothes are the same color as the mud...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

That middle drake weighed 3 lbs. 3 oz. He was a hoss. A friend of mine wanted one to have mounted so he will be "memorialized".

SRH

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's been years since numbers of wild greenheads have been seen around these parts. Despite the down year (almost everywhere), you're fortunate to have the connections where you are. It must be nice to sleep in comfort in the same place you hunt. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am very blessed, Gil. Between flights one morning this week we figured out that my first hunt with the Lindsey family was in 1997. That's 24 seasons of great memories. I had hunted AR at pay-to-hunt outfits for two or three years prior to that. I commented to one of the family members yesterday that the Lindsey Family Farm is like my second home.

An additional plus is that a close friend from GA goes to the L 'Anguille River Duck Club, at Marianna which is only a 25 minute drive from where I hunt, and guides clients the whole season. He is single, 51, and one of the finest woodsmen I've ever known. I can scoot down there in the afternoons and hunt with him, or just hang out and have supper.

SRH

Page 32 of 46 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.