April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (welder, andygt, skeettx, Tim in PA, 1 invisible), 1,255 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,143
Members14,409
Most Online1,319
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
The trick at the end is making sure your resources arent acquired by the medical and long term care systems...that seem to be programmed to confiscate them.

You worry too much, Ted. What could possibly go wrong on a 150 mph snow machine?

https://youtu.be/NkdUyLG8QOo

Glad to hear it still snows up in Munising. To hear that weird Swedish kid talk youd think theres dolphins up in Lake Superior.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And dont forget the saunas, and middle aged finnish women.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For anyone looking or interested in variable annuities, the ones i own are with the following companies, Prudential, Jackson National Life, Lincoln National Life, Nationwide. While all have wonderful 'living benefits' they work differently son make sure your adviser explains how each works for your individual situation and age. My suggestion is to stay away from equity index annuities. As for someones earlier statement about many people not saving or investing enough earlier its truely amazing how so many do not prepare for their future. I recently had a women meet with me at age 65 how had only 35000 to her name and the bank sent her to me for help, I told her we don't work miracles. Compound interest is an amazing thing run some numbers with your calculator. example, invest 10 years @ 8% $10000. year = $144865. OR wait 5 years and invest @ 8% $24693 year to reach $144865. Moral of story, invest now don't wait for "better time".

Sidelock
Sidelock

My annuity came from Kansas City Life. I figured it was OK when the supervisor at Edward Jones asked me Where did you get this? Ive never seen anything like it.
Again, cant stress this enough, it is just a part of the picture. You need to be out there.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen, nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm with you on the land deals, George. As Mark Twain so wisely advised- "Invest in real estate- The Lord always seems to be begatting more people, but there is only so much usable real estate on His earth to go around!"

Another way to see this bit of wisdom: "5 Texas cattle barons are having a drink in a private upscale bar in Dallas. They get chatting about their ranches, how many acres, etc. Their waiter mentions that a stranger at the bar wondered if he could join them, and they said "sure enough".. Discussions went to the sixe of their acreage, and when they asked the new-comer if he held property in TX- he replied-- "Yes, I do gents- not much compared to what you gents own, 35 acres- but its right here in downtown Dallas, in face, we are sitting down right in the center of it, enjoying our single malt and the conversation!"

Location, location, location!!! RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like a line used in "No Country For Old Men" pissin' away the rest on whiskey and whores-- RWT

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Service"?? Isn't that what cattle men kept a bull for- to "service" their cows?? RWTF

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes-- and like a few crooks in Wall Street- also caught in the "nookie jar-- ]like Harvey Weinstein-- RWTF

Sidelock
Sidelock

Huum- real gut, dere-- But isn't it usually the menfolk dat finnish firstly? RWTF

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.