March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jeremy Pearce, ksauers1, Lloyd3, jcn, 1 invisible), 880 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,017
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23
Sidelock
Sidelock

It cant be very pleasant realizing knife assaults have doubled in the time since 2014 in England.

A little paranoia would seem to be justified.

The widely held view by the criminally insane is to pick the softest target possible, and the left has given them a perfect one.

No mass shootings in police stations.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Konor3inch
....I am happy to forego the limited pleasure of putting holes in a paper target with a handgun if doing so ensures.....

....In my book thats a good result. How many people would need to die before you considered handing in your hand guns....

By this logic, how many more people have to die before you give up your automobiles and rely on public transportation? If the government dictates how they will provide transportation, are you sure that would ensure anything?

I have never pointed a hand gun at anyone or waved one around to boost my ego, but I have fired many thousands of rounds at game, not just punched paper. Id bet you would be tickled to hunt a deer with a hand gun. Its a quite a bit bigger world out there than I think you are imagining.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The incidence of knife crimes hundreds of miles away in another country doesnt cause me any anxiety at all . It is predominantly gang related and as I am not in a London gang that seriously reduces my chances of being stabbed.
I dont get the point of your last two sentences Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Konor, You've grasped the level of discourse the gun issues bring out. Engaging the NRA brain-washed is not a good use of your time. They will not acknowledge an objective realty. They will, however, vote. It will be worth watching what happens here between n ow and November. I hope we have a better result than you folks did.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

CraigD
Thats a fair point but public transport is just not practical for all transport needs. I cant catch a bus to my local loch nor be publicly transported at four in the morning to where I flight geese or stalk deer. But I get the implications of your post.
The arguing over firearms ownership between myself and Keith has taken on a life of its own and resulted in a polarisation of opinions expressed.
I have enjoyed shooting my K22 six inch barrel target trigger and hammer but restricted to paper punching it had limited appeal after a couple of years . I did take it out after rabbits on a couple of occasions which was risking my firearms certificate but the worry in getting caught ruined the enjoyment. I have enjoyed using my cousins .45 Wilson Combat Commander his Smith and Wesson 9mms .38 Taurus snub and a Ruger security six 357 and other odds and ends. America is where it is if I lived there I would own a handgun and enjoy it. I visited a range once when it had been taken over by cowboy action shooters that was terrific fun and I cant think off hand of a way to enjoy target shooting more.
However freedom to enjoy all this comes at a price and it is my opinion that having the restrictions we have on firearms ownership in this country contributes to there being as few deaths as there are each year. I would not like to see uncontrolled access to firearms here .

I am aware of the limitations living in Scotland has on the extent and variety of hunting experiences and envy those who have access to truly wild country to enjoy with access for everyone not just the fortunate or wealthy. So yes I think hunting with a hand gun is something I would enjoy and envy those that are able to harvest deer for the table that way. I get the big world out there perspective and appreciate that the world doesnt stop at the Scottish border ,my son coached soccer for two summers in Texas and Louisiana and had a ball plenty of shooting that he enjoyed AKs AR 15s uzi pistols people were so keen to have him enjoy himself and he sent pictures over so I could share in it. Life is rarely black and white and sometimes we have to respect that as you say its a big world out there and people have different views but they should be able to share those views without feeling the need to convince the listener/ reader to change theirs.
It wouldnt be much fun if we were all the same would it

Last edited by Konor3inch; 03/04/20 09:14 PM. Reason: Adding sentence
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I have no problem using an object for the use it was designed for

Are you going to decide about the use of every object?
Are you the use police or maybe the gestopo?

I dont care what gun anybody uses as long as its suitable to the task and legal

Sidelock
Sidelock

...soccer...

Talk about a a stupid fahcking game.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....my son coached soccer for two summers in Texas and Louisiana and had a ball plenty of shooting that he enjoyed AKs AR 15s uzi pistols people were so keen to have him enjoy himself and he sent pictures over so I could share in it....

From my point of view, I don't have any desire to change your mind. I believe you can see that I'm responding to your comments, and I've asked you to consider thoughts, that I think can be minimized but are still reasonable.

I couldn't help but notice this comment that you made. You never mentioned that you feared for your son's life around firarms that you don't like. It doesn't appear that your son fired these arms in self defense, or that he fancied himself a cowboy. It sounds to me like your son met some of the best of folks that are all over the US.

I have no doubt that rm bill, who commented above, might have let your son fire a classic rifle at a range. But don't mistake the frustration of those trying convey a point of view with substance, while bill is not offering one bit of dialog other than how important it is for him to reinforce the divisions between us. rm bill lives in a part of the US that you might visit sometime without preconceived notions, and then decide about the honesty of fear mongering.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The incidence of knife crimes hundreds of miles away in another country doesnt cause me any anxiety at all . It is predominantly gang related and as I am not in a London gang that seriously reduces my chances of being stabbed.
I dont get the point of your last two sentences Ted

It doesnt appear you get much.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am going to decide for myself the use I put any object to but if its a deer rifle Ill shoot deer with it if its a Skeet or game gun Ill shoot skeet or game with it . If Ive got a match Ill light a cigarette if a car Ill use it to get around what you do with ithese objects is up to you . The statement was in response to the accusation that I should feel guilty in using a Match or car because some knucklehead has used it as a weapon Do you have a problem with that ,because youre the one sounding like the gestapo

Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.