March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 309 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23
Sidelock
Sidelock

I get that you seem to be delusional and that Keith is wary of stating he believes your crackpot theory on gun free zones thats about as much as I want to get from you
I notice you dont aim to clarify ,on rereading do you not understand the point you were trying ,ineffectively ,to make yourself.

Was your point that there are no mass shootings in police stations because there are so many guns there? Scottish police are not routinely armed but I would imagine there are no mass shootings there because people do not have unrestricted access to firearms and no way to purchase an AR15 legally. What do you think?

Last edited by Konor3inch; 03/04/20 10:46 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

CraigD I dont dislike any firearm my discussion isnt about guns I like or dislike its been about the extent people should be allowed unrestricted access to them in Scotland

Last edited by Konor3inch; 03/04/20 10:41 PM. Reason: The to my
Sidelock
Sidelock

What time do the pubs close in Scotland?

Go to bed already.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I seem have failed miserably to convey that the decision a few people made to refrain from fighting a handgun ban here in Scotland after Dunblane was less a vote against handguns and more a vote of solidarity with those bereaved by the massacre and all those negatively affected by it and that the resulting handgun ban and the post Hungerford ban on semi automatic centre fire rifles have so far probably been responsible for the absence of any further attacks on schools

This off topic high jacking of the original lead shot uk thread has developed into personal attacks rather than reasoned debate and cost far too much time . Its 03.00 am and Ive work in a few hours so for me Im out

No intention of ruffling feathers and this was no trolling exercise to irritate just sharing a perspective

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Konor3inch
Its 03.00 am and Ive work in a few hours so for me Im out

https://youtu.be/bA9FiL7mz_0

Sidelock
Sidelock

If some knucklehead used a car or a match as a weapon hes not anymore of a knucklehead than someone who used a gun for an illegal purpose

Shane quote a gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool, an ax, a shovel or anything else. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that

Sidelock
Sidelock

I left for awhile Konor3inch, but it was amusing to see how much flailing you have done in the interim.

I actually read every word you posted in this thread. That seems to be a problem, since I noticed your extreme hypocrisy, and that you rely upon the exact same arguments that anti-gunners everywhere use to rationalize banning an inanimate object that is less of an instrument of death than drunk driving of vehicles or medical mistakes. Your energies could be expended more fruitfully, but you are here on a firearms forum espousing bans on classes of guns that you and other anti-gunners just don't like. And at the same time, you refuse to give up your shotguns or rifles when you know that those types of guns were used in a mass shooting in 2010 that you apparently wish you hadn't mentioned.

I understand exactly what Ted meant when he spoke about the gun free zones. He referred to them as soft targets, and was critical of the anti-gun Democrats who fight tooth and nail to keep them that way. There is zero paranoia involved when we here all know that the same anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats who enjoy armed security in the U.S. House and Senate refuse to provide a similar level of protection for our school.

I also took note of your total lack of civility when you rudely insulted him with your double layer tin-foil hat comment.

You can falsely claim that school shootings are a direct result of our handguns and semi-automatic rifles, but that would not explain the absence of school shootings for many decades when gun ownership was so damn easy that we could buy them direct through mail order. Many of us, me included, took guns to school while participating in high school rifle clubs and shooting teams. My high school had an indoor range, and they would loan you a rifle if you didn't have your own. And there were zero school shooting as a result.

I don't think you like that you have outed yourself as both an anti-gunner and as a complete hypocrite. I didn't do that to you, but you want to blame me because I actually read what you have posted here. My handguns and semi-automatics will never harm anyone unless some criminal breaks into my house. Unlike you and other fools and sheep, I have the means and will to end such an event abruptly. I don't see any rational reason to blame the exercise of my Constitutional rights for the actions of criminals who can and do kill people by all manner of methods that do not involve firearms.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry Keith Im out ,youre going round in circles. Your deliberate false deductions from what I have written and your partial quotes irritate and as I have stated my points I see no sense in arguing. The fact that people and times have changed escapes you we are no longer in the 1950s or 60s any more and we need laws fit for purpose which deal with the mess we find ourselves in,

Scotland has done that by successfully preventing a second mass school shooting by restricting access to centre fire semi automatic rifles and all hand guns do you not agree because that is the crux of the matter and the one point you have persistently ignored so can you reply to that because all Im hearing is empty rhetoric from an empty deluded guy desperate to portray himself as a patriot yet a patriot who constantly fears the tyranny of his own government. Of course you know better but I see no evidence that your ramblings have won you any converts

You deliberately and consistently fail to address the main thrust of my perspective and seem incapable of seeing any other point of view, Your argument against my point of view just didnt materialise so Ill leave you to stew in your own juices until the next person comes along that you can rant at or talk down to. You failed to convince me about anything and sadly there was no point to you ranting so unless you can comment directly on the first sentence of my last paragraph then we are done, youll be remembered on this forum as the person you clearly come across as and unfortunately youve painted yourself into that corner.
Its not been a pleasure but Im pleased youve outed yourself with your posts as the ass hat that you are

Last edited by Konor3inch; 03/05/20 02:54 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Konor3inch,

Sorry, but banning handguns has not saved any schoolchildren.
You missed perhaps the fact handgun crime went up after the ban, the fact no more school massacres have occurred is not due to the ban.
As I understand it, handguns are still pretty readily available in the UK if you know the right (wrong) people, only the good guys handed theirs in.
He could just as easily have used a shotgun, if so would you have happily handed yours in?
Respectfully, I think you are drawing a direct line from the weapon used being the problem rather than the person.
Here in New Zealand, unfortunately we have all been the victims of a deliberate and hateful crime.
However, in the perpetrators manifest, he stated he specifically chose firearms as his weapon of choice as it would cause the maximum amount of social discord, a goal he has unfortunately realized.
Had he instead used a bomb or a truck the result would have still been the same.

The majority of firearms murder in this country is committed with sawn off .22 rifles and shotguns, not handguns, in spite of the fact legitimately owned handguns are not uncommon.

Back in the 80's I remember walking down the main street carrying a rifle to the sports shop, no-one batted an eyelid.
Do that today and people would be screaming and you would find yourself locked up.
Crime with firearms here was greater then than it is now, so what's changed?
Constant bombardment from the media that guns are bad, and an increasing urban drift.

GDU.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Poor Konor3inch... is it really necessary to keep falling back on falsehoods? My deductions about you are merely a response to what you have posted here. You don't wish to be labeled as an anti-gunner, but you repeatedly mock us because we don't wish to accept the fact that you think both handguns and semi-auto rifles ought to be banned. Besides me, there have been a good number of shooters from the U.S., Canada, and New Zealand who have confronted your silly anti-gun thoughts in this thread... and one exceeding stupid guy called rocky mtn bill who agrees with you. Of course, Billy supports and votes for extreme anti-gun Democrats. It seems evident just who has painted himself in a corner and who also hasn't done much to win any converts... except for brainless Billy.

My observation of you as a complete hypocrite stems from the fact that you don't seem to feel the same way about your shotguns or rifles, even though it was you that referenced another mass shooting 14 years after Dunblane in which the killer utilized a shotgun and rifle. And if that wasn't enough, you have resorted to many of the exact same arguments that dedicated anti-gunners use to insult and demonize those who are against banning guns... guns that can never in a million years harm a living soul without being misused by some criminal.

There were no partial quotes or going around in circles. There was only what you have posted here. And don't give us your lame crap about the need to kill deer with rifles. Don't feed us your horse shit about how an expensive license for air guns can stop anyone from shooting dogs or cats. You can use a compound bow or crossbow to shoot deer until some nut kills people with one, and your tyrannical government bans those as well.

Speaking of tyrannical governments, and making deliberate false deductions, I'd like you to show us exactly where I "portray myself as a patriot yet a patriot who constantly fears the tyranny of his own government." Right now, I'm pretty secure knowing that my President Donald Trump, our Republican controlled Senate, and our pro-2nd Amendment majority on the Supreme Court have our backs covered. Unlike you, I don't have to give up my handguns or semi-autos under penalty of law and threat of a mandatory 5 year prison sentence. I don't have to pretend that I was bored and couldn't stand being surrounded by Walter Mitty's. And I really don't wish to see your point of view because that would involve giving up my lawfully purchased and Constitutionally protected personal property, and becoming a sheep.

One final comment on your repeated idiotic argument that "Scotland has successfully prevented a second school shooting by restricting access to centre fire semi automatic rifles and all hand guns." We could just as easily say that since Sept. 11, 2001 when terrorists killed nearly 3000 people by using box cutters to hijack jet airplanes and used them as weapons of mass destruction, there have been no other such incidents... and ta-da!!... that was accomplished without banning jet airplanes. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that anti-gun sheep like you have the intelligence to digest that analogy.

Little wonder that our village idiot rocky mtn bill sees you as a kindred spirit. You wouldn't happen to have any relatives in Nova Scotia, would you???...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.